ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed - Contractors

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hav_2_get_hsmp

Self employed - Contractors

Post by hav_2_get_hsmp » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:29 am

Hi all,

I am a IT contractor and I work through my ltd company just like any other contractor. I have a company website and all the contact details ( a seperate business number which is diverted to my mobile) on the website.

I have applied for my hsmp - tier 1 extension and I'm in that timelines where I think home office might have picked up my file for consideration.

Now, has the homeoffice ever called anyone on their company number? if yes, what number does it appear on the mobile when they call?

The reason I'm asking all this is because i have a missed call (no voice message left) from an unknown number and I suspect it might have been home office. I just want to confirm this so that I can breathe easy thinking nothing drastic has happened because of missing that call.

Will the home office ever call back to confirm things?

regards

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Self employed - Contractors

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:53 am

hav_2_get_hsmp wrote:Hi all,

I am a IT contractor and I work through my ltd company just like any other contractor. I have a company website and all the contact details ( a seperate business number which is diverted to my mobile) on the website.

I have applied for my hsmp - tier 1 extension and I'm in that timelines where I think home office might have picked up my file for consideration.

Now, has the homeoffice ever called anyone on their company number? if yes, what number does it appear on the mobile when they call?

The reason I'm asking all this is because i have a missed call (no voice message left) from an unknown number and I suspect it might have been home office. I just want to confirm this so that I can breathe easy thinking nothing drastic has happened because of missing that call.

Will the home office ever call back to confirm things?

regards
If they have called you and couldn't get through, I think they should contact you again to verify the details.
On the other hand, you should be vigilant as well as avoid missing call again.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:26 pm

They usually call back/ send email to verify details. I am wondering why would they be interested in calling the contractor, knowing well that its you or your employee who would pick-up the phone. Accountant - may be
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:04 pm

push_hsmp wrote:They usually call back/ send email to verify details. I am wondering why would they be interested in calling the contractor, knowing well that its you or your employee who would pick-up the phone. Accountant - may be
Yep, they dont need to call you.
Just go to companies house website or HMRC for VAT, they don't need you, the contractor, for anything.