ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointments Available

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:47 am

HSMP_CANDIDATE wrote:All,

I called at 8:59 AM and got appointment for 21st August. :)

Time to gather all the relevant documentation and prepare the for the day.

Thanks
... finally!!!

lboro

Post by lboro » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:20 pm

HSMP_CANDIDATE wrote:All,

I called at 8:59 AM and got appointment for 21st August. :)

Time to gather all the relevant documentation and prepare the for the day.

Thanks
HSMP_CANDIDATE,

How long did the phone ring before someone picked it up? and which PEO centre did you get booking

hert

Post by hert » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:22 am

I called PEO croydone today twice and to my surprise was told that there ain't any appointments available for the next 6 weeks...will that be possible?
Was advised to send the application by post & per their guidelines, that may take up to 6 months. Feeling down now :( and Don't know what to do...any suggestions?

Hert

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:39 pm

dont worry. They would say that to every body. If you are within the 6weeks timeframe, start ringing them at 8:57. Even if the lines are closed keep retriying until you get connected. i did the same yesterday and got one for Aug24th

hert

Post by hert » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:12 pm

shivuu006

Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.
Do you know what details do they take while booking any appointment, I mean passport details etc & that of dependants?

bani

Post by bani » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:33 pm

It also helps to phone at different times of the day. There maybe cancellations within the next week.

abi_abc
Newly Registered

Post by abi_abc » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:51 pm

It is very very hard to get an appointment for ILR with dependents. They must have very limited numbers of these appointments. You will only have a chance if you keep trying as soon as they open every day. Although someone this week got one in Sheffield by calling in the afternoon. Maybe it was a cancellation.

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:51 am

The details they asked me are,

my full name, date i entered UK and the date i am due to ILR, current immigration status (HSMP or WP etc), LUK test Pass date, how many dependents.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:49 am

abi_abc wrote:It is very very hard to get an appointment for ILR with dependents. They must have very limited numbers of these appointments. You will only have a chance if you keep trying as soon as they open every day. Although someone this week got one in Sheffield by calling in the afternoon. Maybe it was a cancellation.

... from one of the feedback from this forum, they only have 2 or 3 slots daily for applicant with dependents. If you start to call from 8:57/58 and keep on doing that constantly, you might be the first applicant with dependents. Keep trying but if you're not in a hurry to get the application back pretty soon, you might consider postal application. There have been some cases here of people receiving back their applications within 2-4 weeks and there are few as well who are still waiting for over 4 weeks...is the decision is yours.

hert

Post by hert » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Tried this morning @8.59..though it seems the dependent quota got full by the time my call went through the queue, though they offered me one available in Glasgow which I didn't take. It seems that I would need to try for next few days until I get one. Regarding Postal application, the lady told me 95% of applications are cleared within 6 months. Some of the members have got their ILR in 4 weeks time though I would go down that route if PEO appointment didn't work in next couple of days.
Thanks anyway for all your suggestions and will keep you posted once I get an appointment.

hert

Post by hert » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:46 am

Lucky this time in securing an appointment for 27th Aug. :D
It might be of interest for some other members as the lady mentioned availablity of an early appointment on 22nd July.
For me...Next thng to start collating all documents.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 am

abi_abc, you were right, it was me who got the appointment by calling in the afternoon.

lboro

Post by lboro » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:17 am

hert wrote:Lucky this time in securing an appointment for 27th Aug.
For me...Next thng to start collating all documents.
Congrats hert and all the best for 27th!! Many people have appointments for 20ish of Aug!!. Which category and PEO is urs and what time did u call?, how long did you wait on the line?

hert

Post by hert » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:14 pm

It's in Croydon, HSMP-JR. Started calling at 8.57 (no response), 8.58 (got connected)...after hearing their auto-instructions for about 3 min, was put in general queue (~2min) and then straight to the lady rep. Overall, it took about 12 minutes to secure the appointment.
HTH

abi_abc
Newly Registered

Post by abi_abc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Congratulations hert - so glad it worked :)

rashidshah
Newly Registered

Post by rashidshah » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Called in yesterday and today @ 9:00 . Got through at about 9:08 and all appoinntments gone :(
i am trying to get one on 27th aug onwards . any cancellations , please do let me know
(ILR + 1 dependent + 5 years on workpermit + peo liverpool)

sp23
Newly Registered

Post by sp23 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:21 pm

I couldnt get through at nine am... so I called in at 11:30 AM and was lucky to get a appointment ...

try in afternoon , you can get one if someone has cancelled....

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:17 am

rashidshah wrote:Called in yesterday and today @ 9:00 . Got through at about 9:08 and all appoinntments gone :(
i am trying to get one on 27th aug onwards . any cancellations , please do let me know
(ILR + 1 dependent + 5 years on workpermit + peo liverpool)
Called this morning @ about 8.59 , got connected 9.06 but the chap on the other end asked me which office you want to go.. i said anywhere.. but prefered Croydon.. then told me there is NO appointment available unti lend of Agu 28.. & also advised to send it via post & said it will take 4 - n14 weeks.

Am goin to try in different times to see any cancellations available..
Anyone got any slots today ? Pls advise,,

Thanks,
Roopscisco.

lboro

Post by lboro » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:34 am

roopscisco wrote:
Called this morning @ about 8.59 , got connected 9.06 but the chap on the other end asked me which office you want to go.. i said anywhere.. but prefered Croydon.. then told me there is NO appointment available unti lend of Agu 28.. & also advised to send it via post & said it will take 4 - n14 weeks.

Am goin to try in different times to see any cancellations available..
Anyone got any slots today ? Pls advise,,

Thanks,
Why didn't you take the offer of that AUG 28? and then keep trying for earlier appointment? because it is very hard to get earleir appointment and the next time you call you will be told that no appointment till Sept!

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Very true, u might regret it.
Magsi

rashidshah
Newly Registered

Post by rashidshah » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Really strange . I dont understand how they can finish all appts. at all centres in about 6 minutes ! I think HO is discouraging people to get appts. and send applications via post and HO are not giving out any new appts.
Is there any one who knows some one who ACTUALLY got an appointment in 20-30 august ?

abi_abc
Newly Registered

Post by abi_abc » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Don't panic!! I would actually be surprised if anyone got an appointment today.

The reason being the date that would have opened up for appointments today would be Monday 31 August which is a Bank Holiday and they will be closed. This is the date exactly six weeks from now.

Try again tomorrow for Tuesday 1 September.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:59 pm

rashidshah wrote:Really strange . I dont understand how they can finish all appts. at all centres in about 6 minutes ! I think HO is discouraging people to get appts. and send applications via post and HO are not giving out any new appts.
Is there any one who knows some one who ACTUALLY got an appointment in 20-30 august ?
Rashid,

I got mine for 21st August at PEO Croydon for 10 yr LR, I called exactly 6 weeks before at 9:00 am and took me 3 minutes to book mine. It is very important that you call exactly six weeks before and 1st thing in the morning chances are you will get it.
Magsi

mandykan
Newly Registered

Post by mandykan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:16 am

Just called at 8.59 am today, using both phones available at home, and got an appointment on 1/9 Tue! We spent the past 2 weeks ringing almost every day, only to find that ringing after 9 am was useless. It would be helpful to prepare a script "Date arrival, work permit start date, number of dependent, passing Life in UK test and preferred PEOs" and read it clearly right at the start, so that the person can arrange a slot quickly.
Last edited by mandykan on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:21 am

abi_abc wrote:Don't panic!! I would actually be surprised if anyone got an appointment today.

The reason being the date that would have opened up for appointments today would be Monday 31 August which is a Bank Holiday and they will be closed. This is the date exactly six weeks from now.

Try again tomorrow for Tuesday 1 September.

Tried again this morning .. but today , there was a greeting msg as " Thank you for calling bla bla.. " & @ the end of the message it got disconnected. I have a feeling that HO doesnt want to give any appointments & encourage postal applications. :!: Its getting hard to deal these days. but wil see..

If anyone cancelling any appointments , pls let me know, I have NO dependents.

Thank you
Roopscisco.