ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we get refund after cancelling NCS appt for Ctzn. Appl

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Titanic999

Can we get refund after cancelling NCS appt for Ctzn. Appl

Post by Titanic999 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi,

I've booked an apointment for NCS few months back and later I decided not to apply for Nationality as I wont be eligible to apply for another year.
Once I got NCS appt. postponed for 2 months.
Now, I myself decided not to apply for it and remain with present nationality.
Is there any way that we can get back the money we pay upfront for NCS appointment?? or can it be transferred to someone else??
Pls. someone advise on this.

Thanks,
T

llNicell

Re: Can we get refund after cancelling NCS appt for Ctzn. Ap

Post by llNicell » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:39 pm

Titanic999 wrote:Hi,

I've booked an apointment for NCS few months back and later I decided not to apply for Nationality as I wont be eligible to apply for another year.
Is there any way that we can get back the money we pay upfront for NCS appointment?? or can it be transferred to someone else??

Thanks,
T
I understand, this is non-refundable… but you can request to hold this amount until you qualify ..Make a request and explain your circumstances to NCS office.........

republique
BANNED

Re: Can we get refund after cancelling NCS appt for Ctzn. Ap

Post by republique » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Titanic999 wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
T
Every council is different and explains it on their website or you have to speak with them regarding the terms.

Titanic999

Post by Titanic999 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks for your responses.

Just to update on this:
I called up the council and asked for the refund.They just asked the reason for cancellation for which I said I'll not be eligible for another year.
So, they cancelled and processed the refund and got the money into my bank acc today.
Surprised as I was refused refund when I called a month ago and I postponed my appt. by 2 months at that time and now they refunded.

T

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 am

Titanic999 wrote:Thanks for your responses.

Just to update on this:
I called up the council and asked for the refund.They just asked the reason for cancellation for which I said I'll not be eligible for another year.
So, they cancelled and processed the refund and got the money into my bank acc today.
Good for you! :)