ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused UK tourest visa for the second time.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ching
Newly Registered

Refused UK tourest visa for the second time.

Post by ching » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Hello,

Recently I was refused a visa on the grounds of:

'' YOU HAVE STATED THAT YOUR TRIP TO THE UK IS TO BE SPONSORED BY YOUR FRIEND. HOWEVER, I MUST TAKE INTO ACCOUNT YOUR PERSONAL AND ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES IN xyz WHEN COMING TO MY DECISION. YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED ME WITH ANY SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE OF YOUR FINANCIAL STANDING IN xyz. AS SUCH YOU HAVE FAILED TO ESTABLISH THAT YOUR CICUMSTANCES ARE SUCH THAT YOUR DEPARTURE FROM THE UK WOULD PROVE TO BE AN ATTRACTIVE PROSPECT AT THE END OF YOUR VISIT.''

The first rejection was simular to this but a few more issues were added like "the basis for my passport."

I have provided them satisfactory evidence of my financial standing.

I want to appeal! I have a close friend that travels back to the UK on a monthly basis and would like to come along. What nerve they have to say staying in the UK would be an attractive prospect when their economy is shattered and there is little opportunity for those with or without visa. I have a low wage job but a rewarding career. A friend of mine with the same job, finances, country and age was awarded a tourest visa which leaves me to rationalize that there is a hole in their logic overall.

Also mentioned in the rejection note is that I can only appeal on the grounds of discrimination or something along the lines of human rights.

The basis of my passport? I regard this as beloved. Can someone please give me some advice on what I can do to appeal this sillyness.

Cheers,
Ching

republique
BANNED

Re: Refused UK tourest visa for the second time.

Post by republique » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:46 pm

ching wrote:Hello,

Recently I was refused a visa on the grounds of:

'' YOU HAVE STATED THAT YOUR TRIP TO THE UK IS TO BE SPONSORED BY YOUR FRIEND. HOWEVER, I MUST TAKE INTO ACCOUNT YOUR PERSONAL AND ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES IN xyz WHEN COMING TO MY DECISION. YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED ME WITH ANY SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE OF YOUR FINANCIAL STANDING IN xyz. AS SUCH YOU HAVE FAILED TO ESTABLISH THAT YOUR CICUMSTANCES ARE SUCH THAT YOUR DEPARTURE FROM THE UK WOULD PROVE TO BE AN ATTRACTIVE PROSPECT AT THE END OF YOUR VISIT.''

The first rejection was simular to this but a few more issues were added like "the basis for my passport."

I have provided them satisfactory evidence of my financial standing.

I want to appeal! I have a close friend that travels back to the UK on a monthly basis and would like to come along. What nerve they have to say staying in the UK would be an attractive prospect when their economy is shattered and there is little opportunity for those with or without visa. I have a low wage job but a rewarding career. A friend of mine with the same job, finances, country and age was awarded a tourest visa which leaves me to rationalize that there is a hole in their logic overall.

Also mentioned in the rejection note is that I can only appeal on the grounds of discrimination or something along the lines of human rights.

The basis of my passport? I regard this as beloved. Can someone please give me some advice on what I can do to appeal this sillyness.

Cheers,
Ching
What is your nationality?

ching
Newly Registered

Post by ching » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:14 pm

I am Filipino

Philippine passport holder

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:49 am

I don't believe you've got any grounds for an appeal, so all you could do is apply again (and obviously pay again).

You may get lucky (like your friend) or you may get refused again.

ching
Newly Registered

Post by ching » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:49 am

There is got to be a way to go about this to get a simple tourest visa. My passport is collecting refusal stamps and I will look pretty bad when and if I apply for visas elsewhere.

The Home Office is wrong in there assumption that I would not leave the UK.

I clearly have enough money to fund my trip.

Where can I find statistical data to explore putting together a case showing that I am a victim of beloved?

Any Sugestions,
Ching

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:49 am

ching wrote:There is got to be a way to go about this to get a simple tourest visa. My passport is collecting refusal stamps and I will look pretty bad when and if I apply for visas elsewhere.

Where can I find statistical data to explore putting together a case showing that I am a victim of beloved?

Any Sugestions,
Ching
You don't need stats, you need to show why your circumstances are such that you would return home

Filipinas

Denied Tourist Visa

Post by Filipinas » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello Kababayan,

As it is, going through ANY Immigration Office and applying for a visa (of any kind) could leave an APPLICANT more overly confused when they get the result- specially on the odd reason/s that the HO would give. UK is no different (you'd definitely see that from posts here specially on the changes that they keep on coming up with- they could really be unreasonable, again not just for tourist applicants).

May I ask if you are single/ married- if you don't want to answer this question, it's alright, but I must say immigration caseworkers tend to be too critical and tight when an applicant is single- that is why you have to supply them ALL possible documents to prove that you have NO reason to stay in UK and would have to return to Philippines at the end of the validity of your visa.

The economic status of UK is not an issue when caseworkers are handling an application- just don't give them any reason to think that you'd not leave UK at the end of a given date.

Here are 2 documents that may help if you intend to re-apply:

a. Certificate of employment that states the role you perform in the company is important and that they know that you'd be returning at a specific date to resume your role.
b. Title/s, deeds or other assets you maintain.

This situation is very common, even in the US embassy. You won't believe the reasons that they can come up with.

Good luck.
Filipinas

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:25 pm

ching wrote:There is got to be a way to go about this to get a simple tourest visa. My passport is collecting refusal stamps and I will look pretty bad when and if I apply for visas elsewhere.

Any Sugestions,
Ching
Your refusal said "YOU HAVE STATED THAT YOUR TRIP TO THE UK IS TO BE SPONSORED BY YOUR FRIEND" - if this is true you haven't got enough money to fund such a trip and this will go against you.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:41 pm

ching wrote: I clearly have enough money to fund my trip.

Any Sugestions,
I "suggest" you back up your statement with your own bank statements! Explain that your 'friend' is only INVITING you, but that you are SPONSORING yourself, and that you have the funds to prove it! :idea:
I think you kinda contradicted yourself by saying your friend was sponsoring you, while on the other hand you claim to have enough funds to sponsor yourself!
ECOs are very alert, and they are trained to look for the smallest of discrepancies.

ching
Newly Registered

Post by ching » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 am

Thanks for the insight!

Yes I am single.

The friend that I mentioned returns to the UK monthly. I work for a company that provides me travel for next to nothing. I have been honest with my application in saying that I am simply coming along for the ride and the trip will be of no cost to anyone. I don't wish to go as far as taking out loans and padding my bank account in order to make me seem like I have a large amount of savings. I don't have any real estate or anything to make me seem rich. I work in the Middle East and have traveled and lived abroad for years without a problem until now.

Isn't there some way that I can plead my case in person.

Cheers,
Ching

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:55 am

I see where you are coming from. Your intensions may be correct but ECO will not just look at your intension from your lens.
To disprove their fears, you have to show things which binds you back to your home country such as family commitments or job commitments.

If you don’t have immoveable property to show your intension of coming back home then you can get a letter from your employer
stating that you are very important person in the organization and will return after the trip.

Write a cover letter explaining all what you think that you will not stay back in UK but bear in mind that you are “requestingâ€

Filipinas

Post by Filipinas » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:41 pm

HSMP2008_January's insights are very valuable. You do not have to come up with a padded saving or make yourself appear to be someone you are not- you just need to be crystal clear that you are indeed bound by commitment/s in the Philippines and that you are to go back there come hell or high waters. I must say that being single is definitely a factor. I have a friend whose brother and family were naturalised citizens, their parents do come back and forth for visits but when it was her time to try and visit she was denied- sadly, no appeal was open for her case as well.

I don't have to go far on this, I have my older sister in law (been here for 16yrs and married), my family and I as well are in here, we managed to apply our parents (my inlaws) to have indefinite leave to remain, when it was my younger sister in law (a graduating medicine student- planning to take a short Xmas break before taking the board the coming year) was invited by everyone of us, she was just denied- now, that's what I was saying really dumb-founding- - - the reason? The ECO/caseworker just wrote that he/she weren't convinced that my sister-in law has strong ties in the Philippines for her to come back; as for my friend they just said that they don't believe that her brother could finance her well (duh, he managed to finance their parents- but not her???)- oh well.

I am not saying it is impossibe for someone single to tour in UK, but one just has to present all possible documents to show proof that the intentions are clear.

Best Regards,
Filipinas