ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

few clarifications on Tier 1 general..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpeast
Newly Registered

few clarifications on Tier 1 general..

Post by hsmpeast » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 general from india this week and have few questions:

1) my name is spelt in Degree certificates...I have taken affidafit of declaration from notary stating that all name variations pointed to me....Please let me know if this wouldsuffice and I would also explain in the main covering letter...

2) Can we use marker to highlight the salary credit in the bank statements...let me know the general acceptances to highlight.....

Thank you,
-V

push
United Kingdom

Re: few clarifications on Tier 1 general..

Post by push » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:12 pm

hsmpeast wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 general from india this week and have few questions:

1) my name is spelt in Degree certificates...I have taken affidafit of declaration from notary stating that all name variations pointed to me....Please let me know if this wouldsuffice and I would also explain in the main covering letter...

2) Can we use marker to highlight the salary credit in the bank statements...let me know the general acceptances to highlight.....

Thank you,
-V
In my opinion - Yes; Yes
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

salloo

Post by salloo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:32 am

Using marker will lead to modification of document. So better is to use proper highlighter to highlight only.
salloo

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: few clarifications on Tier 1 general..

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:14 am

hsmpeast wrote:Hi,

Thank you,
-V
1. Yes, this should be fine. I used the similar affidavit for my surname spell change.
2.Yes you can use marker to highlight. Just make sure highlighting doesn't hide/cover your figures.

hsmpeast
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpeast » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Thank you for all your suggestions...So to highlight..I will underline or make a round with pencil,...hope it is ok,,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:36 pm

hsmpeast wrote:Thank you for all your suggestions...So to highlight..I will underline or make a round with pencil,...hope it is ok,,
Hope you understand that this process is not mandatory.. its just that we are tyring to help the caseworker to make things easy.. even if u dont do this n leave it.. it shd be fine..

hsmpeast
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpeast » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:35 pm

thank you everyone for your response...much appreciated.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:36 pm

salloo wrote:Using marker will lead to modification of document. So better is to use proper highlighter to highlight only.
Its not modification if you do not obscure any information. If one is overly concerned then you can use post-its etc. I highlighted my salary entries and did not face any problem.
regards,
push

salloo

Post by salloo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:50 am

push_hsmp wrote:
salloo wrote:Using marker will lead to modification of document. So better is to use proper highlighter to highlight only.
Its not modification if you do not obscure any information. If one is overly concerned then you can use post-its etc. I highlighted my salary entries and did not face any problem.
I did the same thing, I highlighted my salary rows with yellow highlight and highlighted the dates column on the same statement for maintenance funds with orange highlighter. Marker is used to mark things, better is to use highlighter. It looks like the hsmpeast is referring marker as highlighter. It is completely fine.
salloo

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 pm

oh I overlooked that. Highlighter it is.
regards,
push