ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP, lost job - what about ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wunder
Member of Standing

HSMP, lost job - what about ILR?

Post by wunder » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Well, on Thursday I lost my job (I was made redundant) :(

I'm eligible to apply for ILR (under the terms of HSMP JR) in February 2010.
So far since February 2009 I earned 29000 pounds (before tax) - do you think this will be enough for ILR? I do hope to find something else until February, but the market is pretty much dead right now :oops:

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP, lost job - what about ILR?

Post by OFCHARITY » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:55 pm

wunder wrote:Well, on Thursday I lost my job (I was made redundant) :(

So far since February 2009 I earned 29000 pounds (before tax) - do you think this will be enough for ILR? I do hope to find something else until February, but the market is pretty much dead right now :oops:
Sorry about the lost of your job, can't be a nice position to be in. There is no minimum or maximum earnings criteria for ILR, though you should be employed at the time of application. You have around six months to go till Feb 2010, so hopefully you'll pick up another job by then, remember you are free to take up self employment or start a Ltd company as well as being in full time employment.
'In everything give thanks'

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:59 pm

OFCHARITY wrote:

Sorry about the lost of your job, can't be a nice position to be in. There is no minimum or maximum earnings criteria for ILR, though you should be employed at the time of application. You have around six months to go till Feb 2010, so hopefully you'll pick up another job by then, remember you are free to take up self employment or start a Ltd company as well as being in full time employment.
Yep ditto

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:18 am

I was jobless two times totalling 4 months during my 4 years period and got ILR through premium service this month. So. it wont be problem for you. What you need to keep your bank statement in safe for this unemployment periods so that you can prove that you didnt take any public funds for living. So far I think, now in this crisis time you will take money from your bank balance or any savings a/c. Keep this record in safe to prove that you were living on your own source.

Hopefully you will get job or any other economic activity plan when you will go for ILR application, that is most important. Good luck !

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:26 am

open a company keep company bank a/c moving

get a letter from accountant either profit or loss

u r safe

regards