ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion to re-apply for PSW visa, as rejected once

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chaitanya
Newly Registered

Confusion to re-apply for PSW visa, as rejected once

Post by chaitanya » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:10 am

Hello

Actually I have completed my MSc from Northumbria University in january 2009 and in the same month on january 31st 2009 my student visa expired, following that i returned to india on febrauary 1st 2009, and I have applied for PSW on june 25th 2009 from india.

I have applied for Post study work visa on june 25th 2009, where by my visa was rejected as i didnot enclose my PSW original letter with the original certificate and transcript, and the refusal letter states that

The relevant immigration rules

you have applied for entry clearence to united kingdom under TIER 1 of the points based system. I have therefore assessed your application against paragragh 245x of immigration rules, which require that:

a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under general grounds of refusal
b) The applicant must not previously have been granted entry clearence or leave to TIER 1 migrant.
c) The applicant must have minimum 75 point under Appendix A.
d) The applicants must have 10 points under Appendix B.
e) The applicants must have 10 points under Appendix C.

The Entry Clearance officer's desicion

I have refused your visa application on this occasion because iam not satisfied , on the balance of probabilities , that you meet all the requirements of paragragh 245x of the immigration rules.This desicion was made on the merits of the application.how ever if you have previous application or immigration history, this may have been considered.
Iam satisfied that your application meets the requirement of subparagrash (a,b,d,e) of the paragrash 245x.
The ECO reason and evidence

ECO comment:
MSc in Computer network technology from university of northumbria. original degree cert and transcript from the univ enclosed.date of award is 25/02/09.But there is no letter from the institution confirming start and end date of the course,date of award and title of qualification,as required by PBS published guidance therefore points are not awarded.

This is the reason stated and for remaining sections i have scored all the points where by i got 55 points out of 75 for 245(b) as i have lost 20 points in the first section.

But now i have got the letter from the univ and i want to reapply, and there was an coloumn in PSW form, asking to tick it on if i was submitting my PSW which i have ticked on, and i didnt submit my psw letter, so will that be treated as mis-representation or mis-leading the visa officer, so can i ask them to send me the docs back and can i reapply,will there be ny problems and what else do u guys suggest me to do as i cant afford to get rejected again.

Thanks in advance
cheers

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Just re-apply again with the right documents and up-to-date bank statements and you'll be OK. Just don't forget to mention the first refusal when you're filling in the new form

Post by 9603196090 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:38 pm

@chaitanya

as far as I think we both know each other cuz we both studied in the same university.

Mine case was very similar to yours.

Recently I got my PSW from India and am back to Britain a week back...
coming to the point...
You can request your originals from BHC via VFS HYDERABAD OFFICE where you made your application
Once VFS receive your documents from BHC they will ring you and ask you to collect them asap.

cheers!

chaitanya
Newly Registered

Post by chaitanya » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:00 pm

@9603196090

Thanks for ur reply bud......may be we know each other...but as you know not many times we get to meet all Indians.....
nyways as far as docs r concerned i have done the same and gt them back...but want to know wat exactly shld be done next ..do i need to provide some extra documents r information...r else just enclosing the missing document would do enough fr me

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:38 pm

I think you need to wait for a period of time (probably 28 days) before you are able to re-apply, because they give you 28 days to contest their decision. I am not sure if they allow an applicant to reapply before this period is elapsed.. not sure though..
________
Jailbroken
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 9603196090 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:15 pm

@chaitanya

Yes I know you are very reserved and used to spend lot of your time in library basement with your lappy.....isn't?
Coming to the point
You do not need to put any additional document because they will have all your previous records and they know why you were rejected.
You should enclose a covering letter explaining them from your side why have you been rejected? what you enclosed earlier and what not?
also state why you didn't enclose psw letter for the very first time....
read the application form thrice before signing it and make sure all parts are done.....I wish you all the best now
Cheers!

Abdul

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:28 am

9603196090 wrote:@chaitanya

Yes I know you are very reserved and used to spend lot of your time in library basement with your lappy.....isn't?
Coming to the point
You do not need to put any additional document because they will have all your previous records and they know why you were rejected.
You should enclose a covering letter explaining them from your side why have you been rejected? what you enclosed earlier and what not?
read the application form thrice before signing it and make sure all parts are done.....I wish you all the best now
Cheers!

Abdul
I think this is not the best way to go about it. I have experienced this situation before, where I did not include the documents already submitted to them. They used this to deny me for the second time - indicating that I did not submit all the documents needed for my application. Do not expect them to go looking for your old application to retrieve your documents.

The best way is to get new documents for the reapplication. Where new ones cannot be obtained, use the photocopies of the old application if they are available.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:28 am

9603196090 wrote:@chaitanya

Coming to the point
Cheers!

Abdul