ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

State benefit for EU citizens

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

willnotbackHSMP

State benefit for EU citizens

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:26 am

My one friend is coming UK with familly ( hubby and a 8 year kid) to settle here. They are Dutch national. My question on behalf of them, will they get any state benefit here ? If so which one and when they will claim it ?

Any expertise, please ?

Thanks in advance.

tote
BANNED

Post by tote » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:23 am

I am sure they are not eligible for any benefits unless they have worked for at least one year in the UK. I am sure they will only be eligible for child benefit (which is open to anyone).

Benefits are paid for by the British taxpayer and its is not the duty of the British taxpayer to support jobless immigrants who have contributed nothing to our economy.

Maybe I should just dip into my wallet and give them my cash directly and cut out the middle man.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:55 am

tote wrote:I am sure they are not eligible for any benefits unless they have worked for at least one year in the UK. I am sure they will only be eligible for child benefit (which is open to anyone).

Benefits are paid for by the British taxpayer and its is not the duty of the British taxpayer to support jobless immigrants who have contributed nothing to our economy.

Maybe I should just dip into my wallet and give them my cash directly and cut out the middle man.
Sorry Mate but if u looked at the social security system in the EU I don't think any Western EU person would come to UK, the benefit's are crap.

We are EU, we share the benefit system.

In Lux. u get 85% of ur last salary as a benefit, in Germany (with kids) 67%, Netherlands prolly similar.

In UK, 60 quid a week plus credits, if savings nowt. I earned 110k last tax year - I'd get nothing in UK system. Is that fair? I paid in more than most earn in a year but I'd get nowt cos I saved.

So pls, before u champion the UK bens. system pls recognise it's crap.
Last edited by Wanderer on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:19 am