ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for my Wife and Son

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AkashS
Member of Standing

Visa for my Wife and Son

Post by AkashS » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:58 am

Hi. Recently I got Tier 1 Visa (valid from Sep 15th 2009). I am planning to travel by the end of Sep or early Oct.

I did not apply for EC for my Wife and Son and also mentioned in the Application form that they will join me after one year once I am settle there. But now we decided they both will join me as earliest as possible and if possible, we will go to the UK together.

I am now arranging money for their Maintenance fund and now I'll need to wait for another 3+ months before I apply for their dependent Visa.

Now my questions are:

1) Can I apply for their Dependent Visa in 3+ months while I mentioned they they will join me after 1 year?

2) Can I apply for their Visit visa initially while I am also in India so that we can travel together? I am planning to book a hotel or may be talk to some flat owner, pay him some token amount and block his Flat/house so that we can move there directly. In that case, can I apply for visit visa as I'll be able to show that I have arranged accommodation? Will an email from landlord should be fine?

3) I believe that I need to show again 3 full months statement that I have GBP 2800 + 3200 = 6000 in my/our bank account for last 3 months.

Please advise me further on this. My son is only 20+ Months old so it will be difficult for me also to leave them here.

Visit visa is preferable and we don't mind that they need to come back to India to apply for Tier 1 dependent.

Thanks & Regards,
Akash...

rzlaks
Newly Registered

Post by rzlaks » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:00 pm

1.) You can apply for their visa in 3+ monthgs
2.) You can apply for visit visa
3.) You will need to show all te funds again

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for my Wife and Son

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:00 pm

AkashS wrote:Hi. Recently I got Tier 1 Visa (valid from Sep 15th 2009). I am planning to travel by the end of Sep or early Oct.

I did not apply for EC for my Wife and Son and also mentioned in the Application form that they will join me after one year once I am settle there. But now we decided they both will join me as earliest as possible and if possible, we will go to the UK together.

I am now arranging money for their Maintenance fund and now I'll need to wait for another 3+ months before I apply for their dependent Visa.

Now my questions are:

1) Can I apply for their Dependent Visa in 3+ months while I mentioned they they will join me after 1 year?

2) Can I apply for their Visit visa initially while I am also in India so that we can travel together? I am planning to book a hotel or may be talk to some flat owner, pay him some token amount and block his Flat/house so that we can move there directly. In that case, can I apply for visit visa as I'll be able to show that I have arranged accommodation? Will an email from landlord should be fine?

3) I believe that I need to show again 3 full months statement that I have GBP 2800 + 3200 = 6000 in my/our bank account for last 3 months.

Please advise me further on this. My son is only 20+ Months old so it will be difficult for me also to leave them here.

Visit visa is preferable and we don't mind that they need to come back to India to apply for Tier 1 dependent.

Thanks & Regards,
Akash...
Guess I have replied to these queries earlier in other thread or on PM.

email257525
BANNED

hi

Post by email257525 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:46 am

1. i guess u can apply 4 the dependant visa also and that is the best option, it wont matter much if u mention they wil join u lator,
Sooner or lator they wil join u anyway
They deserve to have dependant visa.

Visitor visa option is also available,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: hi

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:14 pm

email257525 wrote:1. i guess u can apply 4 the dependant visa also and that is the best option, it wont matter much if u mention they wil join u lator,

Can you get visitor visa of UK when you have valid Tier-1? Will it not violate one active visa a time rule?

Akash: you have tier 1, I don't understand why you want to call your dependents on visitor visa. Try to avoid these kind of things. Immigration Officer at airport may question this trick and it will be difficult for you to reason with them that time.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:02 pm

chetanojha wrote:
email257525 wrote:1. i guess u can apply 4 the dependant visa also and that is the best option, it wont matter much if u mention they wil join u lator,

Can you get visitor visa of UK when you have valid Tier-1? Will it not violate one active visa a time rule?

Akash: you have tier 1, I don't understand why you want to call your dependents on visitor visa. Try to avoid these kind of things. Immigration Officer at airport may question this trick and it will be difficult for you to reason with them that time.
He does not have sufficient maintenance funds for dependants.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

He does not have sufficient maintenance funds for dependants.
I am under impression(from his PM) that he is anyway planning to bring his family after 3 months.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:21 am

Ya but as visitors and not as dependants.
regards,
push

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:32 am

push_hsmp wrote:Ya but as visitors and not as dependants.
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your replies. As mentioned by push_hsmp, I did not have enough fund but as I replied to Chetan in PM, I am arranging money for them. Now I am expected to get the money by the end of this month. This is will another Personal Loan.

Once I get the money, I'll deposit it into our Joint Account for 3 months, and as per the Pound rates, I'll apply by the end of Oct of early Nov.

As my Visa is valid from Sep 15th, please advise me if there should be any problem if I arrive UK by Mid Nov of end of Nov?

That 90 Days at once and total 180 days in 5 years rule (for ILR) will be applicable here or it is applicable only when I land there?

Regards,
Akash...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:12 am

AkashS wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your replies. As mentioned by push_hsmp, I did not have enough fund but as I replied to Chetan in PM, I am arranging money for them. Now I am expected to get the money by the end of this month. This is will another Personal Loan.

Once I get the money, I'll deposit it into our Joint Account for 3 months, and as per the Pound rates, I'll apply by the end of Oct of early Nov.

As my Visa is valid from Sep 15th, please advise me if there should be any problem if I arrive UK by Mid Nov of end of Nov?

That 90 Days at once and total 180 days in 5 years rule (for ILR) will be applicable here or it is applicable only when I land there?

Regards,
Akash...
90/180 days rule is applicable only after you land in UK. Counter start once you land in UK.

email257525
BANNED

hi

Post by email257525 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:03 pm

chetan

What about one my friend snario
Got hsmp from pakistan dec 2008
Came uk apr 2009 left after 3 weeks

Has the counter started or not as he landed but left, if started, is this from dec 2008 or apr 2009?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:06 pm

email257525 wrote:chetan

What about one my friend snario
Got hsmp from pakistan dec 2008
Came uk apr 2009 left after 3 weeks

Has the counter started or not as he landed but left, if started, is this from dec 2008 or apr 2009?
Counter starts when he landed in UK first time. i.e. April 2009.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:26 pm

chetanojha wrote:
AkashS wrote:
Hi All,

Regards,
Akash...
90/180 days rule is applicable only after you land in UK. Counter start once you land in UK.
Thanks Chetan. It is good that counter will start only once I am there.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:40 pm

AkashS wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
AkashS wrote:
Hi All,

Regards,
Akash...
Thanks Chetan. It is good that counter will start only once I am there.
Ya but with that 3 month delay you are for sure headed for a second extension when it comes to satisfying the 5 year period for ILR (What am I talking here, by then it would be some other term like PR/PC or God knows what).
regards,
push

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:10 am

Hi Chetan/ Push_HSMP,

I got the money into my account today. I have already transferred it into our joint account. Total amount is more than GBP 6500 at the rate of 82.

We will be maintaining the joint account to show the maintenance fund as we don't use this account very often so there will be no chance at all that amount will even go below GBP 6000.

I hope this should be fine (having joint account)? However, the same account was used as one of the 3 accounts for maintenance fund show during my Tier 1 and I got it without any issue. :-)