ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal Swedish in the US

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johan Sweden
Newly Registered

Illegal Swedish in the US

Post by Johan Sweden » Thu May 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Good morning everyone
I am from Sweden 36 y/o I came to the US three years ago on the Visa Waiver Program, without knowing at that time of the consequences I overstayed.
I want to live here, I love America, my new friends, and I love this girl that i met two years ago.
At the same time I have to go back to Sweden to see my family, friends and to take care some issues that I left pending. But I am afraid if I try to get out of the US right now I will be banned for the next ten years to get in to this country again. :(

I need to adjust my Status and to live like everybody else, paying taxes, getting health insurance etc.

I don’t have a special education or degree to fix this way. Is getting married the only way to adjust my Status here in the US?

Thank you in advance
Johan.

Atasas

Post by Atasas » Fri May 08, 2009 12:08 am

You r fu$ked!
wake up! without legally acceptable status/explanation on what you have been doing in US, you are hair thin line away from being deported...

Johan Sweden
Newly Registered

Post by Johan Sweden » Fri May 08, 2009 6:00 am

Is to late for regrets! now I need to find solutions !

Johan

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:10 am

Johan Sweden wrote:Good morning everyone
I am from Sweden 36 y/o I came to the US three years ago on the Visa Waiver Program, without knowing at that time of the consequences I overstayed.
I want to live here, I love America, my new friends, and I love this girl that i met two years ago.
At the same time I have to go back to Sweden to see my family, friends and to take care some issues that I left pending. But I am afraid if I try to get out of the US right now I will be banned for the next ten years to get in to this country again. :(

I need to adjust my Status and to live like everybody else, paying taxes, getting health insurance etc.

I don’t have a special education or degree to fix this way. Is getting married the only way to adjust my Status here in the US?
Yes, from what you write it sounds like getting married is the only option for you. If you leave the US before you obtain your green card you will be banned for 10 years.

Atasas

Post by Atasas » Fri May 08, 2009 10:52 am

well you could try to get out of US without letting officials to know that when/how you left (By car in to Canada ) and pray for not having your passport checked ...

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:40 am

Atasas wrote:well you could try to get out of US without letting officials to know that when/how you left (By car in to Canada ) and pray for not having your passport checked ...
It doesn't matter if his passport is checked or not, he would still face a 10 year ban automatically when trying to re-enter the US. If he wants to adjust status he has to 1) get married 2) apply for adjustment of status 3) stay in the US until he has a green card in his hands.

Atasas

Post by Atasas » Sat May 09, 2009 12:18 pm

if there is no evidence as when he has been/left US he's done nothing wrong! 8)

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sat May 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Atasas wrote:if there is no evidence as when he has been/left US he's done nothing wrong! 8)
Not true. They know he entered on the VWP three years ago. The next time he tries to enter he will be subject to a ban unless he can prove he left on time (which he can't).

cope2
Newly Registered

Post by cope2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:46 pm

dont listen to marco. his advice will only get you into trouble. if you are trying to avoid detection, why would you bring attention to yourself by applying for a visa from the u.s. while in an illegal situation. use your common sense. the minute you apply for anything from the u.s., you will have to submit your passport, and on your passport will clearly be a stamp of your entry 3 years ago, indicating clearly that youve been in the usa for 3yrs on a tourist visa. now, if you were an immigration worker, why would you give any visa, let alone permanent residency to someone who over stayed by 3yrs. atasas probably has the better idea of leaving by car because your passport is not checked by the usa, although canada is unusually strict with its borders also, just to warn you. to re-enter, your best bet would probably be to apply for a visa from sweden, and or get married in sweden.

darko

Post by darko » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:54 pm

cope2 wrote:dont listen to marco. his advice will only get you into trouble. if you are trying to avoid detection, why would you bring attention to yourself by applying for a visa from the u.s. while in an illegal situation. use your common sense. the minute you apply for anything from the u.s., you will have to submit your passport, and on your passport will clearly be a stamp of your entry 3 years ago, indicating clearly that youve been in the usa for 3yrs on a tourist visa. now, if you were an immigration worker, why would you give any visa, let alone permanent residency to someone who over stayed by 3yrs. atasas probably has the better idea of leaving by car because your passport is not checked by the usa, although canada is unusually strict with its borders also, just to warn you. to re-enter, your best bet would probably be to apply for a visa from sweden, and or get married in sweden.
I don't think you know what you're talking about.. :shock:

Marco is right!