ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR requirements for Tier 1(general) Dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babjirajnikumar
Newly Registered

ILR requirements for Tier 1(general) Dependent

Post by babjirajnikumar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi There,
I have a ILR appointment on 19th Aug based on 4 yrs WP + 1yr Tier1(general). I wanted to findout about the requirement for my spouse.
I saw on the HO website that the dependent should be living with the main applicant for 2 yrs. before applying for ILR.

"Partners of highly skilled workers are eligible to apply for settlement at the same time as the highly skilled worker, provided they have lived with their partners in the United Kingdom for a minimum of two years before applying for settlement."

My wife came to UK as WP Dependent in May 2007 and went back to India in Oct 2008 and then came back to UK in Mar 2009 as Tier1(general) dependent.
In effect she is in UK for only 20 months. Is this a problem??

your responses are much appreciated.

nksg

Re: ILR requirements for Tier 1(general) Dependent

Post by nksg » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:08 pm

To what i know it wont matter for dependents as one of my mates wife got ILR even if she was out of country for more than 6 months... still wait for other member to reply...
babjirajnikumar wrote:Hi There,
I have a ILR appointment on 19th Aug based on 4 yrs WP + 1yr Tier1(general). I wanted to findout about the requirement for my spouse.
I saw on the HO website that the dependent should be living with the main applicant for 2 yrs. before applying for ILR.

"Partners of highly skilled workers are eligible to apply for settlement at the same time as the highly skilled worker, provided they have lived with their partners in the United Kingdom for a minimum of two years before applying for settlement."

My wife came to UK as WP Dependent in May 2007 and went back to India in Oct 2008 and then came back to UK in Mar 2009 as Tier1(general) dependent.
In effect she is in UK for only 20 months. Is this a problem??

your responses are much appreciated.

babjirajnikumar
Newly Registered

Post by babjirajnikumar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:16 pm

thanks for your response, but was your mates case exactly as mine??

hsmp2tier1

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:00 pm

babjirajnikumar, please can you update us on the experience/outcome of your PEO appointment on 19th August.