ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr Granted today

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AIRFORCE1
Newly Registered

Ilr Granted today

Post by AIRFORCE1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:38 pm

I was granted Ilr today at Sheffield peo with my one dependent exactly 28 before 5 yr qualifying period. My case was quite straight forward, on work permit for 5 yrs single employer and 110 days absence.

My appt was at 1045 but reached at 1000 was allowed in after security check. Went to reception and was given a ticket with number and receptionst asked me wait for my number to be called. My no. was called at about 1020 went to the counter, the lady asked me for my application and passports and started filling up some form. Then she asked my KOL notification letters and she informed me that case worker will let you know your score. Then she asked me if I have bank statements and payslips to which I said yes but she never took them from me. She then asked for photos and then did some checks on her computer, went to back office did some more checks and then she came back. She handed me my application and passports with a form which was filled by her all nicely tucked in a folder and asked me to pay at the payment counter.

I paid my fees(I must say this fees was the biggest ever one time transaction with my credit card) and then cashier took my application and asked me to wait for my number to be called. All this was done till 1100.

At about 1115 my number was called to see caseworker. He was a friendly guy, he had my application already in his hand. Then he asked me for my KOL letters, which I gave him and he cheked it on system and told me I scored 23. Then he asked for my employer letter, payslips and bank statements.

Then we joked a bit about weather blah blah blah(wasnt funny for me as still he hasnt told me if I have got ILR). Anyways we continued for a bit, he asked about my current job like hows it going blah blah blah. Then he checked my payslips against my bankstatements and then gave me all papers back except application and employer letter and he said he is granting us ILR today. He said the sticker will take about 45 mins and you can take a stroll in fresh air and come back.
Went out came back 1215 and then my number was called got the passports stamped, checked my name and details and that was it. Hurrayyy.

All I submitted:

Passports
Application
Employer Letter
KOL
3 payslips
3 bank statements
copy of workpermit

I wasnt asked for any other documents even though I was carrying a fairly heavy bag.
I would like to thank to all those members who helped me in preparing my case and for the opinions of all other members.

Now its evening and bubbly must be chilled by now. UKNOIMEAN. Cheerssss everybody join.

lboro

Re: Ilr Granted today

Post by lboro » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:55 pm

AIRFORCE1 wrote:I was granted Ilr today at Sheffield peo with my one dependent exactly 28 before 5 yr qualifying period.
Cheerssss everybody join.
Congratulation AIRFORCE!!!! Indeed lot of happiness today!
When are you exactly due to complete 5yrs?

AIRFORCE1
Newly Registered

Re: Ilr Granted today

Post by AIRFORCE1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:43 pm

lboro wrote:
AIRFORCE1 wrote:I was granted Ilr today at Sheffield peo with my one dependent exactly 28 before 5 yr qualifying period.
Cheerssss everybody join.
Congratulation AIRFORCE!!!! Indeed lot of happiness today!
When are you exactly due to complete 5yrs?
Aug 17th

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_rrs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:49 am

Hi,

COngratulations for the ILR. I had a quick questions about the ILR. You mentioned about 110 days absence. Does that mean you were not in UK for 110 days ?. I am actually on a Tier 1 from last 3 .5 years and wanted to leave the country for about 2 - 3 months. Which means that I would not be employed in UK for that time. Could you tell me if I will still qualify for the ILR in that case after the completion of 5 years.

Thanks in advance

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:32 am

enigma_rrs wrote:Hi,

COngratulations for the ILR. I had a quick questions about the ILR. You mentioned about 110 days absence. Does that mean you were not in UK for 110 days ?. I am actually on a Tier 1 from last 3 .5 years and wanted to leave the country for about 2 - 3 months. Which means that I would not be employed in UK for that time. Could you tell me if I will still qualify for the ILR in that case after the completion of 5 years.

Thanks in advance
If these absences are on business, then you shouldn't worry about them.... but if they're for pleasure, then you need t be mindful of the total number of days you can be outside of UK to get a successful application when you want to apply for ILR in future.

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_rrs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:34 am

they are not for pleasure nor for business, but for some family urgency. In that case would you know for how long - the period of time that you mentioned - can I be out of the country in order to still qalify. Is there any official documentation which I can refer to ?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Congrats AIRFORCE1!

Lots of RESPECT MAN...

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:22 pm

you can refer to ILR guidelines where it says that you can be out of country not more than 90 days in one go (continuous) and 180 days in total 5 years...

I read this few months ago...
enigma_rrs wrote:they are not for pleasure nor for business, but for some family urgency. In that case would you know for how long - the period of time that you mentioned - can I be out of the country in order to still qalify. Is there any official documentation which I can refer to ?

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_rrs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanks,

and during those ( say 90 days ) when I am out of country am I required to be employed in UK for PR eligibility ?

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Not a requirement.. as i know some one who took long holiday to the home country between the two contracts...

i think over 2 months... once the contract expired he went back and the came back got new contract and now got ILR under JR.
enigma_rrs wrote:Thanks,

and during those ( say 90 days ) when I am out of country am I required to be employed in UK for PR eligibility ?

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_rrs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:02 pm

great !... thank you so much

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 am

those 110 days absence , did you mention 'holidays' or business purpose, mine is 135 days absence and they are holidays. is it okay to write holidays or just family urgency. please reply

dreamer12
Newly Registered

Post by dreamer12 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:41 am

Hi

Did the case worker not ask for you P60s? I have worked with the same company for past 5 years and just wondering if all p60s are required. I only got 1 :(

cheers