ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa from Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandz
Newly Registered

Visit Visa from Pakistan

Post by sandz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi everyone, just found this forum, I am british passport holder and self employed in UK. My Mother is in Pakistan, she visited me 4 times in last 9 years. After spending 3, 4 and 5 months she went back. She is planning to come this year inshallah, and because of her age i wanted her to stay with me longer. I want to know 2 things
1- After visit time of 5 or 6 months she needs to exit the country, Does she needs to exit EU countries or just UK, and can i take her to any EU countries for a week and bring back in UK for another six months as she will have multipal visa of 2 years.

2- She is 61 years old and not very well, I am only unlucky son who is stuck in UK and unable to look after her. I do visit her twice a year but with my family and business commitment its getting hard for me to travel a lot.
There is no one for her to look after her. On which bases she can settled down here with me. Any help and advise will be much much appreciated.

Thanks to every one

Sandz

e_menzies
Newly Registered

Re: Visit Visa from Pakistan

Post by e_menzies » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:14 pm

sandz wrote:Hi everyone, just found this forum, I am british passport holder and self employed in UK. My Mother is in Pakistan, she visited me 4 times in last 9 years. After spending 3, 4 and 5 months she went back. She is planning to come this year inshallah, and because of her age i wanted her to stay with me longer. I want to know 2 things
1- After visit time of 5 or 6 months she needs to exit the country, Does she needs to exit EU countries or just UK, and can i take her to any EU countries for a week and bring back in UK for another six months as she will have multipal visa of 2 years.

2- She is 61 years old and not very well, I am only unlucky son who is stuck in UK and unable to look after her. I do visit her twice a year but with my family and business commitment its getting hard for me to travel a lot.
There is no one for her to look after her. On which bases she can settled down here with me. Any help and advise will be much much appreciated.

Thanks to every one

Sandz
Hi, she can only staly upto 180 days she dont need to go outside the EU but only the UK. you could take her any EU country (i.e Ireland (rep) ) germany or spain the then bring her back so hope fully that would be sufficent for her entry.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:24 pm

e_menzies wrote:
sandz wrote:Hi everyone, just found this forum, I am british passport holder and self employed in UK. My Mother is in Pakistan, she visited me 4 times in last 9 years. After spending 3, 4 and 5 months she went back. She is planning to come this year inshallah, and because of her age i wanted her to stay with me longer. I want to know 2 things

Thanks to every one

Sandz
Hi, she can only staly upto 180 days she dont need to go outside the EU but only the UK. you could take her any EU country (i.e Ireland (rep) ) germany or spain the then bring her back so hope fully that would be sufficent for her entry.
The rule of thumb is only spending 6 months out of 12 in the UK. It is likely what you are planning will result in an all paid for flight home.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
2.1.9 Frequency and Duration of Visits
There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the United Kingdom nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits. The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in the absence of any other relevant factors, constitute sufficient ground for refusal.

It is reasonable, however, for the immigration officer to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more than 6 out of any 12 months in this country (but see guidance relating to visitors for private medical treatment).
See this about sponsoring dependent parents:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Basically, impossible in most situations if the parent is under 65.

sandz
Newly Registered

Post by sandz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:35 pm

So basicly am I right in thinking my mum can Leave the UK before 180 days to go to maybe France or Ireland without jepordising her Settlement Visa in the future?

Also how is or difficult would it be for my mum to get a visa to these countries?

thanks for your help.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:49 pm

She could go to France or Ireland after 180 days, but if she came back to the UK after only a couple of weeks she may not be allowed back in to the UK.

If she is 61, the opportunity to apply for settlement is most likely still years away.

I am not sure how easy it would be to get into France or Ireland.

sandz
Newly Registered

Post by sandz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Guys thanks alot for your help and information,

Sandz

hamidhsn
Newly Registered

Post by hamidhsn » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm

If you are a parent or grandparent under the age of 65, you may qualify if:
you are living in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances
you are completely or mainly financially dependent on children or grandchildren living and settled in the UK
you have no other close relatives in your own country to help you
your children or grandchildren can support you without needing help from public funds, and
your children or grandchildren have enough accommodation, which they alone own or live in, where you can live without needing any help from public funds.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks to every one

Sandz

technical_lemon

Post by technical_lemon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:47 pm

I am in a similar situation like yours and after some advice and study it looks like the chances for getting visa in this case is very limited (my mum is also 61 year's old.)

But still i am thinking to give it a go..

what i am collecting now.

Proofs for all the money i am sending to her
proof as she is widowed my father died last year
also some proof as she live in a remote area where its hard to have help incase of serious health issue.

my only concern is if i apply for her settlement visa and its rejected and than it will be hard for her to get even visit visa.

please share your experience as it will help me to decide as well..

Cheers,