ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous Employment - PR Eligibility

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

Continuous Employment - PR Eligibility

Post by enigma_rrs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:24 pm

I am working on a Tier 1 visa from last two years but came to UK on a work permit initially. I want to know that if

a) I loose job and/or
b) I have to go out of the country for a certain amount of time ( say 2-3 months)
will I still be eligible for PR- provided my Tier 1 is valid till further 3 years ?

Is there any official documentaion, which I can consult for the same ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:23 pm

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_rrs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks for your reply vinny, Still very confusing as it is not clearly mentioned whether I can be out of employment while I travel out of country for more upto 3 months ?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:09 pm

enigma_rrs wrote:Thanks for your reply vinny, Still very confusing as it is not clearly mentioned whether I can be out of employment while I travel out of country for more upto 3 months ?
You can be out of employment. But for PR you have to show economic activity immidiately before 3 months applying.

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_rrs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 pm

chetanojha wrote:
enigma_rrs wrote:Thanks for your reply vinny, Still very confusing as it is not clearly mentioned whether I can be out of employment while I travel out of country for more upto 3 months ?
You can be out of employment. But for PR you have to show economic activity immidiately before 3 months applying.
Thank you so much for your reply chetanojha!

And I am correct in saying that the maximum period i can be out of country can be just upto 3 months while I am out of employment or can it be more ?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:11 pm

enigma_rrs wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply chetanojha!

And I am correct in saying that the maximum period i can be out of country can be just upto 3 months while I am out of employment or can it be more ?
To remain out of country and out of employment are two different things. I think you can remain max. 180 days out of country in the PR qualifying period i.e 5 years. and in the last 1 year it is 90 days(?).

Whereas for employment, can stay as long as you want provided you are able to prove your eligibilty at the time of extension.

enigma_rrs
Newly Registered

Post by enigma_rrs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Oh okie... basically I might fall int ot category where I am leaving the country for a certain period- most proababy 2 - 3 months, but during that time I will not be employed in UK. So, does that mean I have to prove that I qualify for PR. If so, what kind of proof is required for that