ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-eu citizen travel to France or Italy with Irish husband

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:24 am

scrudu wrote:...I am less than hopeful...
Hi, me too I'd be less than hopeful.

If you have the nerve and time you can try - but if you do try, take the law with you and insist...

...if ultimately you're denied boarding, you have to make sure that you get IN WRITING, that you were rejected in spite of having with you: Both passports AND the marriage certificate!

With this you are then fully equipped to sue the airline, as it is their sole responsibility to know the law exactly, which they don't...

...good luck. :)

JandL
Newly Registered

Post by JandL » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 pm

I was just wondering can you suggest me what travel insurance(cheap one) can I get? Which travel insurance covers repatriation and medical expenses cause some of them don't have the repatriation.

Cheers,
JandL

JandL
Newly Registered

Signing the application form for schengen visa

Post by JandL » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi guys, tomorrow I will apply for the schengen visa and they confirm us that we need marriage cert, travel insurance, both passport, details of confirmation of hotel booking,travel ticket, passport photograph and schengen application form.
My question is that do I need to sign the application form in front of the embassy/consular officer or I can sign it before I submit it cause I read some countries do required to sign in front of consular officer?
Another thing, we are married outside Ireland but our marriage cert is already officially translated into English. Will this be ok to french embassy?

Hope somebody can help me asap and thank you in advance.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:31 am

JandL: No you do not have to sign the form in front of the Embassy Officer. From what you say about your Marriage Certificate, it should be ok for French Embassy staff.

acme4242

Re: Signing the application form for schengen visa

Post by acme4242 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:33 am

JandL wrote:Hi guys, tomorrow I will apply for the schengen visa and they confirm us that we need marriage cert, travel insurance, both passport, details of confirmation of hotel booking,travel ticket, passport photograph and schengen application form.
My question is that do I need to sign the application form in front of the embassy/consular officer or I can sign it before I submit it cause I read some countries do required to sign in front of consular officer?
Another thing, we are married outside Ireland but our marriage cert is already officially translated into English. Will this be ok to french embassy?

Hope somebody can help me asap and thank you in advance.
I find this so disheartening, EU citizens rights are so clear in law, but the French Embassy
officials just put their nose in the air and give their middle finger to our lawful rights.

What is the point of giving advise, if the likes of these French Government
officials can do as they please outside the law. They can even publish the
unlawful requirements on their public website.
It makes a joke of all the recent EU guidelines and citizen advice

Have there been any petitions taken to the EU parliament
against this French Embassy ? How to find out ?

Finally, I really feel, the EU commission should order "take down" notices
against EU consulate websites, which violate EU citizens rights in this way.
How can we do this ? via MEP's ?

JandL
Newly Registered

Miss my original marriage certificate

Post by JandL » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi guys, I haven't applied yet cause I think I misplaced my marriage cert. I've been looking for 2 days couldn't find it. What I have is the National Statistcs Office copy. I wonder if they will accept that?

To Scrudu, thanks for the reply. I'll answer and signed the form later probably. Hope I could really find my original marriage cert.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Miss my original marriage certificate

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:58 pm

JandL wrote:Hi guys, I haven't applied yet cause I think I misplaced my marriage cert. I've been looking for 2 days couldn't find it. What I have is the National Statistcs Office copy. I wonder if they will accept that?
In which country were you married?

As long as it is a real marriage certificate, they should/must accept it. It does not have to be the one stained with tears of joy and signed with wobbly hands.

In fact, it can be useful to get extra copies for situations like this, were you are sending it off to (nasty places) like visa offices...

JandL
Newly Registered

Misplaced original marriage certificate

Post by JandL » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi there, we got married in the Philippines and we both have the original marriage cert and the one from Statistics Office but I'm afraid I kinda misplace our original marriage cert.

You think it'll be ok to French embassy if it's not the original one but instead the copy form NSO?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Sorry it is hard to say. I am not sure what the one from the Statistics Office is like. It might be fine or might not.

JandL
Newly Registered

Queries about answering schengen visa application form

Post by JandL » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi guys, finally we found our original marriage cert! Hurray!I'm now answering schengen visa application form. I have few queries:

We will just travel to France this year and probably next year(October 2010) to Italy. Will I still choose single entry or multiple entry?

What is the ID Number for Irish visa?

They said that the questions with * do not have to be answered by family members of EU and EEA nationals. Is it ok if I not answered though I already know the answers for such questions like date of arrival, date of departure, give name of hotel or temporary address in Schengen state, etc questions with asterisk.

Sorry for many questions guys, it's just I really want to finish the application and submit it tomorrow :wink:

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 pm

Do you want to apply again for another visa? If not, apply for multiple.

I would suggest you do not answer the starred questions, but you seem to want to answer them...

JandL
Newly Registered

Post by JandL » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi Directive/2004/38/EC, this is my very first time to apply for Schengen Visa. I was just wondering if I apply for multiple visa, what will be the expiration date cause my husband said apply for single entry cause it'll be next year we'll go to Italy not this year.

I haven't answer any of the * to be on safe side:)

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:39 am

hi,
chances are that if it is your first schengen visa, you will not get a multiple one, just a single entry. and then maybe the next time when you apply you will get a multiple one. and the duration of the first schengen visa will probably be only 3-6 months, and the next time when you apply you can get it for a year.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:21 am

I would always ask for a 90 day multiple entry. No point in asking for less.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:36 am

Most Embassies will only grant a multiple entry visa to someone who has already been granted a Schengen Visa previously (not sure about French). Also, most will only grant a multiple entry visa if you can show proof of intent to travel again (i.e. flights and hotel bookings). My experience of the French Embassy was that only granted a visa to cover the period for 2 of the 3 flight flights we'd submitted evidence of. They would only grant a visa for the duration of the health insurance policy submitted.

JandL
Newly Registered

ID number ofr visa

Post by JandL » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Guys, this is really urgent. I will go to the embassy in an hour. I was just wondering what's the ID number referring to have you have permission to return to that country. I assume they mean Ireland and ID number for my Irish Visa?

Which one is this? Is it on the top right corner of my visa?

Please help asap!

JandL
Newly Registered

I got my Schengen visa

Post by JandL » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:45 am

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for all your advices and replies. I really appreciate it!!! Update for this, I finally got my visa today!!! Yipee!!! We can now celebrate our anniversary in Paris!!!

Cheers,
JandL