ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application - left country

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nirmal_kishore

Naturalisation application - left country

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi
I am an Indian National, have applied for Naturalisation in April 2007 and have since moved to the UK. I have received communication from the Citizenship section in Jan 2009 asking for some additional documents like current bank statements etc. I submitted those and the current status is that a report from external agency is awaited. It's been about 4 months since I sent the additional documents but I was expecting this bit to take upto 6 months anyway so I am not really fussed. What is bothering me right now is the fact that I am not in Ireland now and what the decision is likely to be in my case. I am looking to move back to Ireland but the economic climate isn't helping at all (not a lot of jobs etc). I am kind of confused and considering writing to the Dept re. my situation etc. I have been informed by the Migrant Rights Ireland folks that there is no formal process for appeal in case of rejected Naturalisation app and there is nothing worse than having to re-apply and wait endlessly.

Has someone been in or come across a similar case and would you have any suggestions.. or just any suggestions in general?

Cheers
Nirmal

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 am

Hi Nirmal,
best bet in your case be wait and watch dont pre empt...
Said that when they ask for additional documents, they do ask for P21 also... possibly to check whether person is still paying taxes in ireland or not...etc...
For now i would say just wait, coz approaching Justice department might have negative effect...

This is from INIS's website :

7. Q. What happens if I leave the State while my application is being processed?

A. If you are leaving the State on a temporary basis, it would be preferable that you advise the Department of the circumstances, so that officials will be aware of the situation if they need to contact you in relation to your application. The legal provisions governing naturalisation require that a naturalised person continue to reside in the State after naturalisation, and any long-term absences will be assessed in that light.

Kind Regards
Tiggs

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

7. Q. What happens if I leave the State while my application is being processed?

A. If you are leaving the State on a temporary basis, it would be preferable that you advise the Department of the circumstances, so that officials will be aware of the situation if they need to contact you in relation to your application. The legal provisions governing naturalisation require that a naturalised person continue to reside in the State after naturalisation, and any long-term absences will be assessed in that light.
I interpret this as if you are leaving this country other than for holiday purpose, it is most likely your application be refused.