ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can one do Masters on tier 2 visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shope
Newly Registered

Can one do Masters on tier 2 visa?

Post by shope » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:32 pm

My GF is on tier 2 visa. Before that she was on student and she completed her bachelors and PGC from UK university. Now she is working with sponsored employer on tier 2 visa. Can she do her Masters degree Part Time or Full time and continue work at the same time? As she plans to apply for HSMP in a years time. Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Can one do Masters on tier 2 visa?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:33 pm

shope wrote:My GF is on tier 2 visa. Before that she was on student and she completed her bachelors and PGC from UK university. Now she is working with sponsored employer on tier 2 visa. Can she do her Masters degree Part Time or Full time and continue work at the same time? As she plans to apply for HSMP in a years time. Please let me know. Thank you in advance.
If she is planning to apply for Tier1(G) in years time.. she needs to prove her earnings points for which she needs to work and if she can do her Masters part time while working u shd be fine.. but full time masters will cause problems to prove earnings and in both cases employer shd allow her too.. maybe she shd do her masters parttime confidentially if employer doesnt agree.. this is my general view not HO or guidance view.. cheers

shope
Newly Registered

Re: Can one do Masters on tier 2 visa?

Post by shope » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:00 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
shope wrote:My GF is on tier 2 visa. Before that she was on student and she completed her bachelors and PGC from UK university. Now she is working with sponsored employer on tier 2 visa. Can she do her Masters degree Part Time or Full time and continue work at the same time? As she plans to apply for HSMP in a years time. Please let me know. Thank you in advance.
If she is planning to apply for Tier1(G) in years time.. she needs to prove her earnings points for which she needs to work and if she can do her Masters part time while working u shd be fine.. but full time masters will cause problems to prove earnings and in both cases employer shd allow her too.. maybe she shd do her masters parttime confidentially if employer doesnt agree.. this is my general view not HO or guidance view.. cheers
Thanks for your reply. Please check your PM