ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR AFTER 10 YEARS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lavu369
Newly Registered

ILR AFTER 10 YEARS

Post by lavu369 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:08 pm

Currently I am planning to convert my present visa status to Tier 1 Dependent and i need to go to my home country for conversion . Do the UKBA count my visa conversion from my home country into the 10 year long stay period and can i apply for ILR after my 10 year stay.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:53 pm

If you have valid LTR when you leave the country and return with with new Dependant visa continous visa is not broken under 10 yr rule.

Example
A person enters the UK on 1 September 2004 with entry clearance as a student which is valid until 31 October 2005. On 25 October 2005 (before the previous leave expired) the person departs the UK. On 5 January 2006 the person re-enters the UK with valid entry clearance as a student. Will the person’s continuous residence be deemed to be broken?

No. Because the person had valid leave on the date of their departure and the date of their return and the time spent outside the UK was less than 6 months, continuous residence has been maintained, even though they re-entered with a fresh grant of leave.
Contents

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/

Hope this helps
Magsi

lavu369
Newly Registered

ILR AFTER 10 YEARS

Post by lavu369 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Thank you very much for the Information , sorry for the late reply