ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Appointment in VFS office

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sjidh

Regarding Appointment in VFS office

Post by sjidh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:42 am

Hi All,

I have a query.In the appointment mail to VFS, we mention 3 appropriate date&time.If those slots are not available,then do the VFS guys suggest us some other slot?
Is there any online system to know whether the slots are available or not?

Regards
sjidh

vt_76

Re: Regarding Appointment in VFS office

Post by vt_76 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Sjidh,

as far as I know there is no online system. usually they are pretty good from my experience...In first instance they gave appoinntment for 2nd working day after my mail, then second time also they have given appointment quickly.

So if you can mail them probably 4 or 5 day ahead then you have clear chance. This is my advice from my experience for dependant Tier-1 visa...so both times I could not make it because of late arrival of passport..third time I went straight to VFS, HYD without appointment as I had to travel to UK within 1 week.

VT

sjidh wrote:Hi All,

I have a query.In the appointment mail to VFS, we mention 3 appropriate date&time.If those slots are not available,then do the VFS guys suggest us some other slot?
Is there any online system to know whether the slots are available or not?

Regards
sjidh

sjidh

Post by sjidh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks VT

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 pm

ya, mail them before 4-5 days and you should generally get your first preferred date.

In worst case, you can just walk in. A friend of mine who went there a month ago told that the number of applicants has come down a bit and he managed to get everything done in 3 hours time.

Good luck
Vikram