ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail akhter

funds

Post by sohail akhter » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:01 pm

I have approval letter from HSMP, Now I have to apply for EC in Islamabad, Pakistan in 2.5 months. Now the problem is that I don't have good bank statement as my salary is only Rs 18000 (180 pounds a month). I never bothered to deposit my pay in the bank. Somebody told me that I need at least 6 month bank statement at the time of submission of my case to BHC. I need an advice what should I do to prove that I have good funds. As I have my own free hold property, prize bonds, and saving in Gold. Are these enough to satisfy the interviewing officer.

Thanking you.

Sohail

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:34 pm

btw did you claim points for your salary?

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:51 pm

Hi Sohail,

Like Olisun said, how did u claim points for your Earnings. Because i think d minimum salary for HSMP is 3,500GBP if i'm correct.

This is not to embarass u, i'm just inquisitive and also want to learn.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:20 pm

sohail-

I think you need to show liquid assets. You cannot, obviously, draw sustainable funds from property whilst in the UK, and so i dont think the EC officers view that as part of available funds, from my understanding of reading these forums. Same with gold, though you could probably liquidate that quickly, moreso than property at least.

How are you going to move to the UK if you only make that small amount of money? Or are you planning on selling your property to finance the move?

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:31 am

Dear members!!
I never claimed points for my earning, I calimed 15 against education and 50 agaisnt expereience.

Amhide: Do you think it is sufficient that I sell my assets and put them in a bank in a single time. I can do that without any problem. I am planing to move with at least 10000 pounds. The thing which bothers me is that I don't have 6 month bank statement.

Waitng for ur precious comments!!

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:11 am

Im not going to advocate any sort of financial moves on your part- but where is the 10,000 pounds coming from? The EC officers are going to want to see information on that. Is someone sponsoring you the money? Do you have someone who will deposit that money in your bank account?

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:23 am

As i told you that i have gold, prize bonds. I will sell them and transfer money in my account. no one is sponsoring me.

Thanks

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:35 am

You may want to make sure that you have receipts indicating the sale of these instruments. There have been others on this board from PK who did something similar and were rejected because the EC officers saw a huge amount of money appear on a bank statement. I would suggest reading back a few pages of threads and maybe contact other Pakistanis in regards to this.

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:39 am

So nice of you for ur suggesstions, ok i will keep the record of everything sold in future.

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:06 pm

Sohail,

Like amhilde said you will have to show evidence of the source of funds.

For EC, i intend selling my shares and i know that i will have to get a letter from the stockbroker and of course a copy of the cheque.

Those ECOs can be very cheeky.

Best of luck
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:45 am

Sohail,
I had sold some shares to add to my bank balance before I went for EC. I had highlighted all the large entries of sudden money influx in my account and added a kind of a legend explaining the entry and attaching proofs like sale invoice for shares (in original), letter of bonus/incentive from place of work etc.

I believe the ECO treats every large amount entry in your bank statement suspiciously cause a lot of people borrow money and show a large balance for EC. Hence unless you substantiate each entry, it can be difficult to convince them.
Mini

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:48 pm

Thanks Mini for ur suggestions, it is keeping my morale high!!

quite eager

Post by quite eager » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:16 pm

hi Mr Sohail,

I sent u a PM a few days back.
Would appreciate if u can expedite ur response.

Best of luck with ur EC
Quite Eager

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:16 pm

Quite Eager!!

Can yu please resend me ur message, as I have not recieved ur message earlier!!!!

Sohail

quite eager

Post by quite eager » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:00 pm

I sent the following message through a PM. would u pls help?

Dear sohail,

Hearty Congrats on your approval. I am impressed on ur getting 50 marks in senior positions.

would u like to share ur job profile and guide about the reference letters u used to convince hsmp people about ur senior level experience?

best of luck about ur EC

would appreciate a quick reply.

QE
javedali250@yahoo.com
Quite Eager