ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Fam4 afyer expire visa???

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaikh01
Newly Registered

EU Fam4 afyer expire visa???

Post by shaikh01 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:57 am

Hi Everyone.

i have a few question in my mind if some body know these answers pls share with me

i got merriage in april 2006 and i got stemp 4 EUFam in may 2007 for 5 year.just i want to ask
-what will be after 5 years?
-will i apply for stamp 4 again?
-where to i will apply for extension ?
-EU spouse need to go to GNIB with me again?

or if i will apply for naturalisation(24 month time)then what will be about my visa in that time.
if some body have any information pls share with me or give me relevant link.

Cheers,

shaikh

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:06 am

4EUFam is a Residence Card.

After 5 years resident in Ireland or 5 years together with your partner, you will need to apply for a Permanent Residence Card

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:06 am

Hi shaikh01,

The right of permanent residence is automatically acquired after 5 years of residence as a person with the right of residence. In which case, your will have permanent residence come April 2011.

You should apply for your Permanent Residence Card before the expiry of your Residence Card.

Ireland hasn't invented this card yet, but my suspicion is that it will be called "Stamp 5 EUFam".
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:36 pm

After 5 years, 1st thing you'll need before you can apply for Naturalisation/LTR is to extend your permission to remain in Ireland (in your case 4 EUFam).
And yes you'll need your EU spouse to have it extended.
Very few people have finished their 5 years residence on 4 EUFam, so just look around on this forum and you might find some useful information.

Hope this helps.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:58 pm

asrpb wrote:After 5 years, 1st thing you'll need before you can apply for Naturalisation/LTR is to extend your permission to remain in Ireland (in your case 4 EUFam).
And yes you'll need your EU spouse to have it extended.
Very few people have finished their 5 years residence on 4 EUFam, so just look around on this forum and you might find some useful information.

Hope this helps.
I don't think anybody has completed their five years on 4EUFAM. The first batch of Recipients will be in 2011.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:54 am

You do not need to have been in Ireland for 5 years on 4EUFam. You need to have been in Ireland for 5 years with your EU family member. So if you moved to Ireland in 2000, you can apply now.