ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any other way beside Submitting ORIGINAL Docs and passport ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Any other way beside Submitting ORIGINAL Docs and passport ?

Post by ashishashah » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:39 pm

Hello Every one,

My apologies if this question is very basic and has been answered in the forum..

Is there any other way/option then to Submit Original Certificates,Mark sheets, Exp. certificates/Passort ?

I am from India , slightly apprehensive about Postal department/couriers etc...I have lots of Visas on my passport, so losing Passport in Transit would be huge loss for me..

Would really appreciate inputs from any of you..

Thanks
Ashish

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Any other way beside Submitting ORIGINAL Docs and passpo

Post by MWazir » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:07 pm

I am assuming that you wish to apply for HSMP?

You dont have to send in your passport unless you are applying for an extension (FLR IED) after having come and spent a year in the UK. Infact as stated in your passport itself, at no point shall it go overseas without you.

You can send an attested photocopy of your passport as proof of age. Some people have mentioned that they have sent attested copies of all their documents, but mostly people send in originals.
ashishashah wrote:Hello Every one,

My apologies if this question is very basic and has been answered in the forum..

Is there any other way/option then to Submit Original Certificates,Mark sheets, Exp. certificates/Passort ?

I am from India , slightly apprehensive about Postal department/couriers etc...I have lots of Visas on my passport, so losing Passport in Transit would be huge loss for me..

Would really appreciate inputs from any of you..

Thanks
Ashish

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:15 pm

Thanks for your answer...

If i can just stretch a bit..

Would it have any impact on my chances of aproval if i sumbit attested copies of my "Certificates" ( i would NOT be submitting my passport as mentioned by you)...
Some ppl. suggested that if you send photocopies, your chances of rejection goes up :(

Thanks again and waiting for your reply..

Ashish

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:38 pm

[quote="ashishashah"] Would it have any impact on my chances of aproval if i sumbit attested copies of my "Certificates" ( i would NOT be submitting my passport as mentioned by you)...
Some ppl. suggested that if you send photocopies, your chances of rejection goes up :( Ashish[/quote]

Copies of certificates will not be accepted. This is clearly mentioned in the HSMP guidelines.

ashishashah
India

Kayalami,Chess please help!!!

Post by ashishashah » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:44 pm

Thanks,

So we have some conflicting answers here...

Kayalami, Chess , would you like to throw some light on this issue please???

Question is : Can we submit attested copies of docs (certificates, exp. letter etc) for HSMP??
If answer is "Yes" , would it hamper chanes of getting approved??

Thanks a lot.

Ashish

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:46 pm

Attested copies were no longer accepted as of 15 July I believe. They HAVE to be all originals ( I believe this was to cut down on fraud). You can still send in the attested copy of the passport though, to prove age.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:52 pm

Thanks ..

All right then :(..

I was hoping that attested copies would be allowed as i have been hearing /reading horror stories of Docs. getting lost in transit/by H.O and it is diffuclt to reach them by phone from outside the U.K

Thanks any ways...

Ashish

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:58 pm

You arent going to apply because you are afraid they may lose your documents? That happens on rare occasions- I submitted my documents a little worried they would lose my masters degree, but it came back just fine. In things like these you have to take a bit of a leap of faith. Just take care to put each document in a plastic sleeve and then put it into a folder or binder. The HSMP people know that these are important life documents for people. AS for mailing it, you can always send it by courier and arrange to have it picked up as well.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:18 pm

Thanks for your reply and genuine concern...I agree that i might have to take some risks in life...

May be i will look at option of getting a WP , and if i don't suceed , i will have to go for HSMP..

Thanks for your inputs...

Ashish

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:01 pm

If you have the required work experience and Certificates, the chances of HSMP is easier and faster.

The little i know about WP is that you've got to have a job offer in UK before you can apply and your employer will have to prove that they cannot actually get someone already in UK to fill that vacancy.

Many people have actually sent originals of their Documents and got them back intact. The probability of your Docs missing is very slim.

Weigh the pros and cons and make the most beneficial decision.

Best of luck
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."