ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering UK first time & onsite assignment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Entering UK first time & onsite assignment

Post by anishpadela » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Dear All,

What are the general questions asked by Immigration officer when enter to UK for first time.....what other docs to keep handy apart from docs used for taking EC...

Also I am going on onsite assignment with my current employer based in India....does it make any difference to Tier 1 or what precautions we should take while on Tier 1 on onsite assignment...

Rgds
Anis

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Entering UK first time & onsite assignment

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:02 pm

anishpadela wrote:Dear All,

What are the general questions asked by Immigration officer when enter to UK for first time.....what other docs to keep handy apart from docs used for taking EC...

Also I am going on onsite assignment with my current employer based in India....does it make any difference to Tier 1 or what precautions we should take while on Tier 1 on onsite assignment...

Rgds
Anis
Employer Offerletter/assignment letter, address n contact details, apart from all those docs used for EC

Have TB xray and Report

thats it

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:18 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Rgds
Anis
Employer Offerletter/assignment letter, address n contact details, apart from all those docs used for EC

Have TB xray and Report

thats it
Here the challenge I can forsee is assignment letter....is it really required...when someone goes to UK first time, he does not have to on job and thats what I want to partray instead of saying I am on assignment...do u think this should be OK??

Rgds
Anis

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:20 am

anishpadela wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Rgds
Anis

Have TB xray and Report

thats it
Here the challenge I can forsee is assignment letter....is it really required...when someone goes to UK first time, he does not have to on job and thats what I want to partray instead of saying I am on assignment...do u think this should be OK??

Rgds
Anis
If you have Tier 1, you can say you will search for job in your relevant field. Besides, why do you want to hide the details? If you can prove that you have a job..immigration officer will be more than happy to clear you easily.Don't you think?
If you are entering on a work permit, you will need an assignment letter(althogh not always asked).

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:18 pm

If you have Tier 1, you can say you will search for job in your relevant field. Besides, why do you want to hide the details? If you can prove that you have a job..immigration officer will be more than happy to clear you easily.Don't you think?
If you are entering on a work permit, you will need an assignment letter(althogh not always asked).[/quote]

Chetan, I am travelling on Tier 1 and what I have is onsite assignment where Indian company is transfering me to UK for onsite...I am not sure really if this is OK with immigration officer....so want now to go for that instead to say I will search for relevant one. Whats your opinion?

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi,

You can provide the deputation letter or the transfer letter which you got it from your employer.

Regards
Kandasamy

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 pm

anishpadela wrote:Chetan, I am travelling on Tier 1 and what I have is onsite assignment where Indian company is transfering me to UK for onsite...I am not sure really if this is OK with immigration officer....so want now to go for that instead to say I will search for relevant one. Whats your opinion?
This is fine. You can very well enter into country on Tier-1 with a job in hand(onsite assignment). Don't think immigration officer will bother to trouble you as your company will provide you deputation letter anyway. If not, then have contact details of your company HR handy, just in case.

I don't think you will have any problem.