ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalized Irish. The rights of my over 21y children.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tuner

Naturalized Irish. The rights of my over 21y children.

Post by Tuner » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:02 pm

I am a naturalized Irish, got that 2 months ago.
Have son (22) who lived with me here in Ireland for 7 years.
He is dependent on me. Has a Student visa at the moment but that will expire in Nov because he has just failed his exams after 1 year in college.
Recently son has applied for Irish citizenship as well. He will wait another 2 or so years for the approval. He already got the Ref No for his application.

On what basis can he remain in the state while waiting for the DOJ decision on his citizenship?
Remain as a Student? Get into another college and get stamp2 again? - Yes he can. Stupid, isinit?
Remain as a Worker? Get Work Permit (which is almost unreal nowadays)? - Yes he can. Stupid, isinit?

Wel, wife and daughter (16) got stamp4 automatically, THANK U DOJ, U ARE SO GENEROUS!

But for the child over 22 y of age that doesn't work. He is unmarried, fully dependent on us. He is NON-EU.

Whoever managed to get stamp4 for his adult child after naturalization and how?
I heard one has to write letter to General Immigration and wait 6 months for the decision?
Whoever did that pls update?

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:38 pm

I emailed the Spouse of Irish National Unit on: INISsinu@justice.ie. Explained that my daughter, who is now 25, arrived in Ireland with me in 2002. She has been on a Student Stamp ever since. As I am now Irish could she also be given a Stamp 4 like my wife? They replied in a few days and asked for her passport, pictures, birth cert etc.

Sent it up registered mail last week. Received it all back today with a letter to be taken to our local Garda station where she will be issued with a Stamp 4.

Very good prompt service.

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:15 am

Lost Soul wrote:I emailed the Spouse of Irish National Unit on: INISsinu@justice.ie. Explained that my daughter, who is now 25, arrived in Ireland with me in 2002. She has been on a Student Stamp ever since. As I am now Irish could she also be given a Stamp 4 like my wife? They replied in a few days and asked for her passport, pictures, birth cert etc.

Sent it up registered mail last week. Received it all back today with a letter to be taken to our local Garda station where she will be issued with a Stamp 4.

Very good indeed. I know people waiting for over 6 months to get this decision.
May i ask u, I understand your 25y daughter was on stamp2(a) when you emailed them , so when was her stamp2 expiring?
Was her stamp still valid when you sent them the e-mail ?
And how long are you Irish by naturalization?
Last edited by Tuner on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:26 am

It was valid until September '09

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 am

Lost Soul wrote:It was valid until September '09
sorry, how long are u Irish? and is your daughter NON-EU national?

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:36 am

I was naturalised in January 2009.

Obviously she's a non EU national otherwise she wouldn't need a Stamp at all would she?

As your son is over 18 you will have to pay €150 each time the stamp is updated.

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:40 am

Just pay once isnt a problem isinit?, as i expect stamp4 for him for 5 years like it was given to my wife and daughter (16), and in 1-2 years he shud get citizenship.

Btw, they counted his years in school and college OK, as reckonable, because they have started doing that a year ago or so, after continuous nagging and nagging them on that issue. I was not irish yet when he was applying. The main thing is that a dependent child shud enter Ireland as a Dependant. In my case son entered Ireland on Joint Parent visa in 2002 and then at the age of 16 he was given stamp3. After that he was on stamp2, stamp1 (worked for a while) and again on stamp2 at present.

Also, to my benefit, they did not mind that the last year immediately before applying for citizenship he was on stamp2 which kud have been interpreted as non reckonable year.

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 am

Lost Soul wrote:I was naturalised in January 2009.

Obviously she's a non EU national otherwise she wouldn't need a Stamp at all would she?

As your son is over 18 you will have to pay €150 each time the stamp is updated.
Is your 25y daughter entitled now to work without work permit requirements after she got stamp4? and the stamp4 is not for 1 year, i hope?

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Tuner wrote:
Lost Soul wrote:I emailed the Spouse of Irish National Unit on: INISsinu@justice.ie. Explained that my daughter, who is now 25, arrived in Ireland with me in 2002. She has been on a Student Stamp ever since. As I am now Irish could she also be given a Stamp 4 like my wife? They replied in a few days and asked for her passport, pictures, birth cert etc.

Very good indeed. I know people waiting for over 6 months to get this decision.
May i ask u, I understand your 25y daughter was on stamp2(a) when you emailed them , so when was her stamp2 expiring?
Was her stamp still valid when you sent them the e-mail ?
And how long are you Irish by naturalization?
Thank you LOST SOUL very much !!!
I finally got approval for my 22 y old son. THat is approval for Stamp4.
I did exactly the same as Lost Soul did.
The common mistake is people sending application to General Immigration, but should be sending email to INISsinu@justice.ie
THey were very responsive, were answering my e-mails same day, SAME DAY i repeat.
It took me 2 weeks to get stamp4 for my son , shud have taken 1 week but I spent 1 week doing the Medical Insurance for my son. THey don't go ahead with your paperwork until they get your Original Med Insur.

My details:
myself - naturalised Irish.
wife - stamp4. 7 y in Ireland.
son,22 - arrived in Ir in 2002 as dependant minor child at age of 15.
All Russians, wife and son applied for citizenship as well.
Since arrival son has been on stamps3, 2, 1 and 2 again. At present his stamp2 expiring in Nov2009, but now we can go to Garda and get stamp4.
It will expire as soon as my wife's permission to remain expires.