ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Backdated ILR - HSMP JR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spartac

Backdated ILR - HSMP JR

Post by Spartac » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:47 pm

I successfully applied for my ILR under the HSMP JR from the Sheffield PEO on 01 July. Everything went smoothly except that they did not know anything about issuing the backdated ILR letter. I now know that they should have done so, but I did not get one at that time. I have now written back to them requesting such a letter for myself and each member of my family, based on advise received on this forum and the PEO call centre.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation and then successfully resolved this by writing back to the PEO / Home Office.

Your advise would be greatly appreciated as I am eligible to apply for citizenship soon, provided I get this letter on time.

Many thanks

ethan

same to you

Post by ethan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 am

hi,

it is same to you. I have already got ILR and also cheque back. however, i still have not got any letter regarding that date-back which i can apply citizenship.

hope we can get it soon. thanks alot!

kind regards,

ethan

Re: Backdated ILR - HSMP JR

Post by ethan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Spartac wrote:I successfully applied for my ILR under the HSMP JR from the Sheffield PEO on 01 July. Everything went smoothly except that they did not know anything about issuing the backdated ILR letter. I now know that they should have done so, but I did not get one at that time. I have now written back to them requesting such a letter for myself and each member of my family, based on advise received on this forum and the PEO call centre.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation and then successfully resolved this by writing back to the PEO / Home Office.

Your advise would be greatly appreciated as I am eligible to apply for citizenship soon, provided I get this letter on time.

Many thanks
hi, have you got the backdated letter. I am still watiing for it. any news updating?

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 am

No reply yet from the Home Office and its been over a month now since I wrote to them. I have now written to my MP who has very kindly taken up this matter with the high-ups in the UKBA.

Ethan - did you apply in person? I beleive the procedure is different for postal application where the letter for the backdated ILR is sent later while in case of PEO applications it should be provided immediately.

Suggest you also write to the UKBA and raise the matter with your MP.