ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish work permit holder wanting partner to join

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GarethM
Newly Registered

Irish work permit holder wanting partner to join

Post by GarethM » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:10 pm

Hey there, hoping I can get some advice off this forum.

I have recently come over to Ireland on a work permit. I am on a South African passport as is my long term partner that is wanting to join me.

What are the options available to us? If she comes over initially on a 3 month holiday, what requirements will she need to get through immigration at the airport?

Is she able to look for work whilst over here and apply for a work permit in her own right?

Does anyone know of a solicitor or visa agent that I can contact to work through.

Thanks and regards
Gareth

mktsoi
Member of Standing

hold this help

Post by mktsoi » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:56 pm

well, here is some info that i know, if i remembered correctly. if you holding a work permit, i think the department of trade and enterprise changed the regulation a bit. i think the only people allow to have their spouse to work is the one holding work visa or work authorization. dont know about the work permit holder. you can find out all the information yourself in www.entemp.ie. it tells you all the info you need for employment permits for ireland.

you partner can stay if she gets a work permit or work visa or work authorization on her own otherwise it will be very diffcult for her. last time i checked with the GNIB( irish immigration), they will only allow work permit or work visa or work authorzation holder spouse to stay in the country. you can contact them yourself since your already in dublin

hope this info help. but i am sure u can find all the info in www.entemp.ie

if she just want to come on 3 months holiday, thats easy, if she is not visa required national. bring her passport and a return ticket or onward ticket to somewhere else and enough mooooooolah, turn herself up in the irish airport and all she needs to do is to show the immigration officer that she is going to travel in ireland. again, you can find all this info here http://foreignaffairs.gov.ie/default.asp

good luck