ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Italy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jakedamuss
Newly Registered

Italy

Post by jakedamuss » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi i recently read in a paper that illegal people in italy can sponsor family memebrs form non E.U countries. i think it has certain requirements like if you looking after aged people, or looking after children. My question does any fellow members have any knowledge of this or is really true. Maybe more can be found if there any people that actually live in italy.

:)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Italy

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:44 pm

jakedamuss wrote:Hi i recently read in a paper that illegal people in italy can sponsor family memebrs form non E.U countries. i think it has certain requirements like if you looking after aged people, or looking after children. My question does any fellow members have any knowledge of this or is really true. Maybe more can be found if there any people that actually live in italy.

:)
For my sanity's sake I hope it's not true......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Yes it is kind of true I will explain.....

Italy until recently held amnesty's every couple of years where they legalized immigrants who had been living in Italy illegally for over I think 5/6 years? And had a work contract.

Then they abolished this. They made a new law where by being illegal (clandestine) you could be punished with up to 5 years in prision or something ridiculous.

Then of course the Vatican stepped in, as there are about 400,000(as per the last amnesty) domestic helps (badante) working illegally in Italy ....they decided to only legalize those people (not any other type of workers) by allowing people in the high income bracket to legalize their domestic helps??? You just got to pay the Government I think it is about 1000 euros to make the request and then they decide who gets it....since most people wait about a year just to get a renewal of there RC I reckon these people will be lucky if they get there documents by 2011???

This is Italy people where they change the law to suit anyone in power?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:19 pm

ciaramc wrote:Yes it is kind of true I will explain.....

Italy until recently held amnesty's every couple of years where they legalized immigrants who had been living in Italy illegally for over I think 5/6 years? And had a work contract.

Then they abolished this. They made a new law where by being illegal (clandestine) you could be punished with up to 5 years in prision or something ridiculous.

Then of course the Vatican stepped in, as there are about 400,000(as per the last amnesty) domestic helps (badante) working illegally in Italy ....they decided to only legalize those people (not any other type of workers) by allowing people in the high income bracket to legalize their domestic helps??? You just got to pay the Government I think it is about 1000 euros to make the request and then they decide who gets it....since most people wait about a year just to get a renewal of there RC I reckon these people will be lucky if they get there documents by 2011???

This is Italy people where they change the law to suit anyone in power?
I thought you will be the best qualified to answer that question.
However how does the sponsoring of family member from non-eu country fit into this equation.

Italy use to have a human system, like that of Spain in regularising the status of undocumented workers. It came as a shock how they just changed over the last year.

I find it quite queer that they expect them to pay the 1000 euro fees. How can they obtain work, and does the employers don't get penalised.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:45 pm

First of all if you make more than 25,000 a year you can sponsor an illegal family member that is already in Italy...you can not sponsor anyone that is not already here! Let's say you offer them a contract and declare they have been working for you for the last 6 months, they can then regularise their status?

It costs I think 500 from the employer to apply and 500 from the employee.....

It is all very strange I think why should they just be regularised? and what about the other undocumentated workers?

Italy has a very backward way of doing things.....you can never find answers to your questions and nobody can ever help you? You should see the immigration centres here they are similar to the GNIB in Ireland....but much slower ruder and dirtier....uck the thoughts of having to go there to do anything makes me feel quesy

jakedamuss
Newly Registered

Post by jakedamuss » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanx :)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:11 pm

ciaramc wrote:First of all if you make more than 25,000 a year you can sponsor an illegal family member that is already in Italy...you can not sponsor anyone that is not already here! Let's say you offer them a contract and declare they have been working for you for the last 6 months, they can then regularise their status?

It costs I think 500 from the employer to apply and 500 from the employee.....

It is all very strange I think why should they just be regularised? and what about the other undocumentated workers?

Italy has a very backward way of doing things.....you can never find answers to your questions and nobody can ever help you? You should see the immigration centres here they are similar to the GNIB in Ireland....but much slower ruder and dirtier....uck the thoughts of having to go there to do anything makes me feel quesy
Are they really that bad. I think i should be counting my blessings

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Oh yeah they are that bad, but don't get me wrong....I have very nice Italian friends they just couldn't organize anything if their life depended on it!!

I have recently been in the North of Italy and have to say things worked much better than down south!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:27 pm

I will certainly bear that in mind, when i make future plans.

I am pleased that things are working well for you in the North.

I previously thought the Irish DOJ were the worst of the bunch, in regards to lack of organisation and implementation of laws.

How wrong could i be.

Thanks Ciaramc

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:39 pm

No no no....have no moved North and wish things were going smooth for me....still not sorted anything out after 4 years....madness i know, other half still waiting on documents....after 3 and a half years of marriage if you can believe that!

Itlay you gotta love it!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:59 pm

ciaramc wrote:No no no....have no moved North and wish things were going smooth for me....still not sorted anything out after 4 years....madness i know, other half still waiting on documents....after 3 and a half years of marriage if you can believe that!

Itlay you gotta love it!
You are joking. That is a gross violation of EU rules . You should definitely consider legal actions.

What explanation have they given for this?

Have you considered bringing him back to Ireland ,that is got to be better than dealing with those imbecile, incompetent piece of thrash.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:41 pm

Your telling me ??? We are now going through the EU commission, filed a complaint last year, have been in contact with them regularly! The Italians refused as he had been here illegally before we married! Which they are right he was, but when he became my other half he was technically no longer illegal. Any way long story we applied for an appeal twice that was classed as inadmissable.....because our lawyer made a mistake.....very complicated....any way lets see what the commission says.....I can't bring him to Ireland as he is visa required and the embassy won't issue him with a visa until he legalizes his stay in Italy....just one thing after another....but will keep you updated....the commission has replied a numer of times and are on our case following it up with the Italian authorities!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:47 pm

ciaramc wrote:Your telling me ??? We are now going through the EU commission, filed a complaint last year, have been in contact with them regularly! The Italians refused as he had been here illegally before we married! Which they are right he was, but when he became my other half he was technically no longer illegal. Any way long story we applied for an appeal twice that was classed as inadmissable.....because our lawyer made a mistake.....very complicated....any way lets see what the commission says.....I can't bring him to Ireland as he is visa required and the embassy won't issue him with a visa until he legalizes his stay in Italy....just one thing after another....but will keep you updated....the commission has replied a numer of times and are on our case following it up with the Italian authorities!
I wish you the very best. I pray that things get sorted out for him soon.

It must be pretty depressing for you guys. I know how frustrating this process can be for both family members.
They obviously seem unaware of the Metock ruling. Or do they just ignore rulings.

joeypotter4u
Newly Registered

Does italy have spouse/bride visa?

Post by joeypotter4u » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:00 pm

I appreciate it so much you sharing things about these...

Do you think its ok if a filipina will come to Italy to marry her italian bf...or have Italian bf come to visit his filipina gf in the Philippines? will it be better if i come to Italy with all documents needed with intention of getting married before meeting? instead of applying a tourist visa?

Italy offers tourist and business visa only...no fiance visa..is it true that they have register marriage before meeting? how long will this take?

Living in Italy is quite expensive...not to mention language barrier...do u know any work doesnt need to know language? Is it tru north area is much better than south? my bf lives in Rome.

If ever i want to learn the language, is it costly to study? how hard it is to learn the language?

i hope i can hear responses here. thanks you all in advance.

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Sponsoring illegal family members in Italy? Does the Italian governement know this? In all my years there I have never heard a greater piece of rot. It is true they are legalising some domestic help, but that is all.

Of course you can marry a Filipina in Italy, provided she can get in legally. The problem is, will they ever grant her a visa?

You cannot get anywhere without speaking Italian. You might as well forget living there if you do not speak the language.
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

keveenjohnnson
Newly Registered

Post by keveenjohnnson » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Is it a humor?? I don't believe it. I don't think in any country this can never be possible. I think someone made joke with you. And if this is true then inform me after verifying it so I can send people to Italy

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:04 pm

keveenjohnnson wrote:Is it a humor?? I don't believe it. I don't think in any country this can never be possible. I think someone made joke with you. And if this is true then inform me after verifying it so I can send people to Italy
Ohh your illegal huh ?
Charles4u