ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Schengen area with just 10 days left on visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilr_hopeful
Newly Registered

Travelling to Schengen area with just 10 days left on visa

Post by ilr_hopeful » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Firstly, apologies for posting this thread here... I couldn't find any other forum to post this...

I've an ILR in the UK and have a Schengen visa expiring on 2nd August and I have to travel on Business next week. My return flight is on 31st July, well before the expiry of the visa.

Swine flu apart, is it technically okay to travel? Should the visa be valid for a certain period before the end of the travel (maybe a month or a week or so). My passport is valid for a long time now.

Apologies again. Thanks in advance.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling to Schengen area with just 10 days left on vi

Post by Rozen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:18 pm

ilr_hopeful wrote:Firstly, apologies for posting this thread here... I couldn't find any other forum to post this...

I've an ILR in the UK and have a Schengen visa expiring on 2nd August and I have to travel on Business next week. My return flight is on 31st July, well before the expiry of the visa.

Swine flu apart, is it technically okay to travel? Should the visa be valid for a certain period before the end of the travel (maybe a month or a week or so). My passport is valid for a long time now.

Apologies again. Thanks in advance.
You're good to go! Your visa is valid from the date it was issued to the date it ends (inclusive). No worries.

ilr_hopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_hopeful » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:03 pm

Thanks Rozen. Appreciate it.

chakku71

Post by chakku71 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:51 am

ilr_hopeful wrote:Thanks Rozen. Appreciate it.
I once travelled to Europe with a 2 week visa with date of exit and arrival in U.K on the first and last date of the visa stamp date. Did not have a problem.
BB

bani

Post by bani » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:46 pm

I remember one of my first schengen visas (from austrian embassy), they gave me a single entry good until the date of my return flight. So it is all good. Have a good trip.

gautat

Post by gautat » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:11 pm

I have done lot of monday to thursday continuous travelling from UK to Germany for almost 2 months. I once travelled to Germany on Monday and my visa was expiring on friday, and came back on Thursday without any issues.