ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant App Form for child born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vardhineni

Tier 1 Dependant App Form for child born in UK

Post by Vardhineni » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi All,

I am currently in UK on HSMP and intend to go for tier 1 extension next week. I have 3 depenendants. My wife and elder daughter(who was born in india) have taken visa from India. My second child is born in UK.

I was filling up the dependants tier 1 extension form (downloaded from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/ ). In this form, on page 18, Section D( Immigration History), i have noticed the below para:

Please note: In order to qualify for further leave to remain in the UK as the dependant of a person under the Points Based System, the individual must have either travelled to the UK with entry clearance as the dependant of the main applicant; or have been last granted leave to remain as a dependant of the main applicant in a qualifying category. If the dependant does not meet either of these criteria it is likely that his/her application will be refused. Please see the guidance notes for further information.

So, am i using the correct app form? Is there any other form i should be using?

Thanks
Pradeep

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependant App Form for child born in UK

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Vardhineni wrote:Hi All,

I am currently in UK on HSMP and intend to go for tier 1 extension next week. I have 3 depenendants. My wife and elder daughter(who was born in india) have taken visa from India. My second child is born in UK.

I was filling up the dependants tier 1 extension form (downloaded from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/ ). In this form, on page 18, Section D( Immigration History), i have noticed the below para:

Please note: In order to qualify for further leave to remain in the UK as the dependant of a person under the Points Based System, the individual must have either travelled to the UK with entry clearance as the dependant of the main applicant; or have been last granted leave to remain as a dependant of the main applicant in a qualifying category. If the dependant does not meet either of these criteria it is likely that his/her application will be refused. Please see the guidance notes for further information.

So, am i using the correct app form? Is there any other form i should be using?

Thanks
Pradeep
Pradeep..

did u get the passport for ur newborn child in UK and got the HSMP dependent visa in it?? more info on this will help others to Help you in return

sanjacs

Post by sanjacs » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi

The dependant form is generally used for everyone so some things will not apply to your child.

Dont let anything confuse you just fill in applicable areas and leave out the non applicable areas, its normal when filling such general forms.

I had my daughter here, did her passport here, and she was 16 months when i renewed my visa and she hers was stamped as well, there was no problem at all. She didnt have anything on her passport before i had my renewal but that was not an issue.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:17 pm

sanjacs wrote:Hi

The dependant form is generally used for everyone so some things will not apply to your child.

Dont let anything confuse you just fill in applicable areas and leave out the non applicable areas, its normal when filling such general forms.

I had my daughter here, did her passport here, and she was 16 months when i renewed my visa and she hers was stamped as well, there was no problem at all. She didnt have anything on her passport before i had my renewal but that was not an issue.
I agree with you sanjacs.. but everybody should be very careful before leaving any areas not completed because any INCOMPLETE application can be rejected by HO..

So wat Vardhineni is doing is correct.. asking questions wherever u have a doubt..

@ Vardhineni... i support you to do the same n dont shy asking any and every simple question.. this board is filled with such a huge talented and knowledegable ppl with HUGE patience to reply.. goodluck

sanjacs

Post by sanjacs » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm

I have not said it is wrong for him to have asked, i'm only saying he doesnt need to be worried that he's filling the wrong form, as not everything is applicable to everyone.

If you had any suggestions, you should have replied to his question and not try to agree or disagree with me. It's not my post, and i have only replied based on my recent experience.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:52 pm

sanjacs wrote:I have not said it is wrong for him to have asked, i'm only saying he doesnt need to be worried that he's filling the wrong form, as not everything is applicable to everyone.

If you had any suggestions, you should have replied to his question and not try to agree or disagree with me. It's not my post, and i have only replied based on my recent experience.
Sorry buddy.. if i offended you in any manner.. if you see the first sentence i wrote
I agree with you sanjacs..

because this is the most common thing that happens becos HO has 1set of dep application for all..

But, at the same time i just want the author of this msg to be careful because, with a simple small mistake the application can be rejected..

Also you shd understand that it is tough to get ALL/Complete answer from 1person for every question... but the beauty of this forum is in Unity we live and succeed to get our application end successful by helping each other..

think calmly over this and you will agree with me.. i dont get anything trying to agree or disagree with u or viceversa.. cheers