ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 UK visas

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rzlaks
Newly Registered

2 UK visas

Post by rzlaks » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:58 pm

Dear Friends,

I have a UK visit visa which is valid until 2015.

I also have a stduent visa which was stamped after my visit visa was issued and is due to expire in 7 days.

If I go back to my home country, can I still use my visit visa to come to the UK?

Is my visit visa still valid?

e_menzies
Newly Registered

Re: 2 UK visas

Post by e_menzies » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:56 pm

rzlaks wrote:Dear Friends,

I also have a stduent visa which was stamped after my visit visa was issued and is due to expire in 7 days.

If I go back to my home country, can I still use my visit visa to come to the UK?

technically nobody can enter with two visas, when u applied student visa your visit visa supposed to cancelled automaticaly and usualy stamp 'canceled without prejudice' but still you can confirm some senior member about ur visit visa if there is no cancelled stamp on it.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:54 pm

rzlaks wrote:Dear Friends,

It's a bit wierd that you have a student visa and visitor visa running concurrently! Are you sure the visitor visa wasn't voided when you were granted a student visa? Could it be that you have two passports? And even if you did, it still doesn't explain it. The mind boggles.... :?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:20 am

ECB10.5 Applying for another visa but in a different category wrote:An applicant may hold more than one valid entry clearance, for example a regular traveller already holding a longer period multiple visit visa can be issued with a visa for another purpose. When issuing a second visa, the applicant should be advised to explain to the Immigration Officer on arrival in which capacity he/she is seeking entry to the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:30 pm

rzlaks wrote: If I go back to my home country, can I still use my visit visa to come to the UK?

According to Vinny's post, I guess you can! (By the way, thanks for that info Vinny).