ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waitin for "call-in" letter. Any number i ca

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

INSATT
Newly Registered

Still waitin for "call-in" letter. Any number i ca

Post by INSATT » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:51 pm

Hey everyone,

Its been eactly 8 weeks since the judgement(including the 5 day HO appeal contest period). Is there any number I can call on to find out what has happened to my application?

Date applied :31.01.09
Date rejected 25.03.09
date of hearing: 18.05.09
The favourable determination letter was recieved on 20.05.09

Ive tried calling on many nmbers but i havent been able to get through. Please do help me!!

A very anxious,
INSAT

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Still waitin for "call-in" letter. Any number

Post by jack199 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi,

Have you contacted the Home Office Presenting Officers Unit? Their number is 02089172039, they will let you know where your case is, the AIT has to work on your file after the 5 day period where HO can appeal. After that the AIT has to send it to HOPOU who then forward it to the Appeals Determination Unit in Leeds.

If you call HOPOU, you can find out whether they have received the file from AIT, if not you can call AIT and start getting them to work on your file. If you have a lawyer, they should be chasing everyone until your passport is requested for so they can endorse the visa.

Dont worry too much, you should expect to receive a letter soon, chasing up the matter will help to get them to send you the letter if they havent done so already. This number would get you some results and more importantly the people are polite as compared to the normal call centre number.

Good Luck

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Hey Jack. Have you gotten your letter now?

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 pm

No Not yet. But i have rang them and they have told me that i don't have to worry about as all the relevent paperwork has been sent to Leeds, Actually the guy on the phone was surprisingly good, he double checked for me and rang some few internal numbers, and assured me that they will do their best to speed up the process.

They have hired some new staff to get the burden off from HO and they are dealing with pending applications as quick as possible, hence the reason people who applied in Sept/Oct last year are getting their passport back.