ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help for making decesion

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hop4thebest
Newly Registered

need help for making decesion

Post by hop4thebest » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:49 pm

i am working in Saudi Arabia coming from Pakistan, i am getting equalent to GBP 500.
now i am planing to go to UK for study.

please help me to make decision.

regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: need help for making decesion

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:47 pm

hop4thebest wrote:i am working in Saudi Arabia coming from Pakistan, i am getting equalent to GBP 500.
now i am planing to go to UK for study.

please help me to make decision.

regards
I don't think £500 is nearly enough....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

alip7777
Newly Registered

Post by alip7777 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:50 am

First of all u have to decide what u want to study.......If you are planning to study finance, accountancy, IT or management then you can study at cheaper prices at many colleges but if u r planning to study any other subject depending on your previous qualifications and experience then you have to get admission in University feeses ranging from £8000 to £12000 for one year master course. I shall strongly advise whichever course you want to enrol on make sure you pay your fee in advance and start ur course as soon as u arrive here and upon completion u ll get two years PSW which ll make you eligible to work full time and after that you can get HSMP for 5 years.

You also need to show ur maintenance funds during ur study period which should be able to show at least £7500 or whatever overseas equivalent in ur account (on ur name).

The third thing they ll look at is ur english speaking ability and also an intention to come back home country after completion of ur studies.

Any other question dont hesitate to ask,

BEST OF LUCK.

hop4thebest
Newly Registered

need help for making decision

Post by hop4thebest » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:24 am

Thanks for reply

Actually i am networking guy, on that contest i plan to go to UK for further study and get internationally recognized degree and certifications (CCNA & CCNP) i did CCNA.

Please clarify me how much a student can earn during studies, and is it possible to get experience in any company in networking (Cisco) field.

Good day

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:31 pm

Ok 2 things here..

If you are coming to UK as student, then you can only work 20 hours ( Legally ) as stated on your visa.

Most likely no company would consider you taking as employee for 20 hours. Just in case even if you do manage to get job, Max you would earn would be £200 a week if you are paid £10 an hour.. Mind you that £5.74 is min hourly rate in UK.

If you come as worker ( PSW visa ), then you can earn good but that again depends on your experience/qualification.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:22 pm

hamid84 wrote:If you are coming to UK as student, then you can only work 20 hours ( Legally ) as stated on your visa.

Most likely no company would consider you taking as employee for 20 hours. Just in case even if you do manage to get job, Max you would earn would be £200 a week if you are paid £10 an hour.. Mind you that £5.74 is min hourly rate in UK.

I'm coming to UK (london) in august as student. You said employers wouldnt consider employees who can work for 20hrs. So due to this reason if a student works for more than 20hrs to get the job and home office officers catch him working for excessive hours then what the consequences can most likely be?? Supposing that that student has been taking his classes regularly.

Secondly, is it easy to get a part time job nowadays?? And at what rate the part time employees (us the intl students) are normally paid??

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:25 pm

hamid84 wrote:If you are coming to UK as student, then you can only work 20 hours ( Legally ) as stated on your visa.

I'm coming to UK (london) in august as student. You said employers wouldnt consider employees who can work for 20hrs. So due to this reason if a student works for more than 20hrs to get the job and home office officers catch him working for excessive hours then what the consequences can most likely be?? Supposing that that student has been taking his classes regularly.

Secondly, is it easy to get a part time job nowadays?? And at what rate the part time employees (us the intl students) are normally paid??

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Sorry due to problem in my browser i posted that twice. :?