ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal Query..

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gbk
Newly Registered

Indian Passport Renewal Query..

Post by gbk » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi All
My Indian passport is expiring soon. I am planning to apply for the same at the London High-Commission office. The site says postal applications are accepted.

But I am not sure about the processing time in Postal cases. Need to take a day off if I have to go in person.

Anyone renewed his/her passport here? Could you please post your experience?

Cheers..

llNicell

Re: Indian Passport Renewal Query..

Post by llNicell » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:54 pm

gbk wrote:Hi All
My Indian passport is expiring soon. I am planning to apply for the same at the London High-Commission office. The site says postal applications are accepted.

But I am not sure about the processing time in Postal cases. Need to take a day off if I have to go in person.

Cheers..
I got renewal from London HC office. I would suggest you to go personally and submit application along with requisite documents ......postal application.....no..no....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:39 pm

gbk wrote:Hi All

Cheers..
You can renew it by post as well. It would take a week to get the passport back. The only thing is, you might need to get some of your document notarised by Notary(if any) which would be costly. Don't think/heard anybody having problem with it. Good option for people especially if you are living at a distance from London. Make sure your sent self-addressed return special delivery envelop.
If you live in London, then better get it done from London Embassy personally, it would be quick and you will get passport back in few days (in evening aroung 4.30pm). You would need to reach embassy early morning around 8.30 to get the token for the job. Tokens are distributed on first come first server basis and only limited tokens are issued. Don't forget to take extra copies of your documents and exact change with you.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

gbk
Newly Registered

Post by gbk » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:44 am

Thanks a lot for your replies. I have decided to go in person.

Just one more clarification. Should we go and collect the passport from them or is it possible to ask them to send it by post?

The hcilondon website says
"Applications submitted at the counter in person are processed within a week. Cases where a references is required to be made to other passport offices, would take longer time."
It is unclear whether they will send it by post or they want us to come and collect it in person.

Thanks!

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:59 am

I got a new indian passport 6 months back,

You can get it sent back via special delivery.

Also one other thing. They take 3 working working days to issue a new passport. So you cannot collect it in person on the same day.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:53 am

gbk wrote:Thanks a lot for your replies. I have decided to go in person.

Just one more clarification. Should we go and collect the passport from them or is it possible to ask them to send it by post?

"Applications submitted at the counter in person are processed within a week. Cases where a references is required to be made to other passport offices, would take longer time."
It is unclear whether they will send it by post or they want us to come and collect it in person.

Thanks!
I think you can ask them to send it by post. Take a self-addressed special delivery envelope with you to avoid delay from hcilondon in sending the passport back to you. I collected passport of few friends after renewal. You can also ask some of your friend in london to collect and send it to you.

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi Chetan,

Just wanted to know what docs are required for Indian Passport extn?

and do they give the date and time of collection at the time aplication is submitted?

Regards,
chetanojha wrote:
gbk wrote:Thanks a lot for your replies. I have decided to go in person.

Thanks!
I think you can ask them to send it by post. Take a self-addressed special delivery envelope with you to avoid delay from hcilondon in sending the passport back to you. I collected passport of few friends after renewal. You can also ask some of your friend in london to collect and send it to you.

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi All,

My Son Passport expires by end of December this Year. I am planning to renew my son passport by end of September. Please let me know the list of document to be submitted along with the application form.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kandasamy