ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RECIEVED EUFAM 5 YEARS APPROVAL LETTER

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaz112211

RECIEVED EUFAM 5 YEARS APPROVAL LETTER

Post by shaz112211 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Dear friends after long rough jouney atlast i got approval letter from DOJ today its valid for 5 years and it took 10 months to get that approval letter.
but at the end i am happy that i am out of all this waitin kind of stuff and i wish best of luch to other eu1 applicants,,,,

Solvit Helped me alot in pushing then to send my approval letter.

Regards

Obie
Ireland

Re: RECIEVED EUFAM 5 YEARS APPROVAL LETTER

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:40 pm

shaz112211 wrote:Dear friends after long rough jouney atlast i got approval letter from DOJ today its valid for 5 years and it took 10 months to get that approval letter.
but at the end i am happy that i am out of all this waitin kind of stuff and i wish best of luch to other eu1 applicants,,,,

Solvit Helped me alot in pushing then to send my approval letter.

Regards
Congratulations Shaz, how come they took so long.

You must be pretty relieved.

All the best for the future mate
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:14 am

Congrat shaz...did they ask u for any additional document?? just wondering whether they asked u too for the PRTB letter??

thanks

shaz112211

Dear Obie

Post by shaz112211 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:30 am

hi OBIE ...
yea thanx for ur sweet greetings..
they took so long bec i couldnt send then my payslips in 10 working days so thats why they kept me waitin on waitin yea im prettty relieved ur rite .... so did u got ur lettter or u still waiting for 6 months ?????

keep in touch god bless

shaz112211

hy akwadaa

Post by shaz112211 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:35 am

Hy ekwadaa ...No they didnot asked any additional documents from me .... only my wifes payslips , tax credit or p60 and job employers letter,,,

and i applied for my residence card 10 months before in September 2008 that time .. thay didnt asked me for PRTB Letter ..so they didnot ask me

but they r asking this to new eu1 applicants ... and i have heared that for PRTB letter u must go to ur landlord or house owner and fill in the PRTB form and some kind of fee is also required and it takes approximately 14 days to get that thing ..... best of luck ...

God Bless

Obie
Ireland

Re: hy akwadaa

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:10 am

shaz112211 wrote:Hy ekwadaa ...No they didnot asked any additional documents from me .... only my wifes payslips , tax credit or p60 and job employers letter,,,

and i applied for my residence card 10 months before in September 2008 that time .. thay didnt asked me for PRTB Letter ..so they didnot ask me

but they r asking this to new eu1 applicants ... and i have heared that for PRTB letter u must go to ur landlord or house owner and fill in the PRTB form and some kind of fee is also required and it takes approximately 14 days to get that thing ..... best of luck ...

God Bless
Thanks again Shaz, i have sent you a PM.

In regards to ekwadaa enquiry about the PRTB, i just want to say it is a normal requirement. It is part of the proof of resident in the state.

They are aware it take 14 week to process it, so you need not worry.

Either write to them and inform them you have yet to receive it or give them the evidence i suggested to you earlier.

They requested the same from me, and thats what i did. After 14 week, i have been told it will be in the post next week. I shall forward it to the department when it arrives.

Don't worry about the 10 day for the PRTB, it will not affect your application, but you definitely have to provide them evidence that your EEA family member is exercising treaty within that time.

They tend to reject application, when evidence of economic activity of EU citizen is not provided within 10 days.

Here is the links that shows you the supporting documents you need.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP08000033

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:03 pm

hi guys..i think they DOJ of justice is only using this PRTB letter to make it harder for people to apply for the residence card..according to the directives, the eu member citezen most be living in the other member state for at least 3months to be excersing the eu treaty right...prove of residence of eu member in another state dont necessarily have to be a letter from PRTB to establish his/her residence in the state...utilities bills,banks statements,tax credit certificates etc shows residence in the state...in my case we provided them with a letter from her employer stating that she has bn with the company since january 2008 till date...meaning she is still working with the company....2 recent payslips...bank statement backdated last year june 2008...letter from my landlord and eircom bills with both names on it..once the person is working in the state that alone proves that the person is residing here....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:12 pm

akwadaa wrote:hi guys..i think they DOJ of justice is only using this PRTB letter to make it harder for people to apply for the residence card..according to the directives, the eu member citezen most be living in the other member state for at least 3months to be excersing the eu treaty right...prove of residence of eu member in another state dont necessarily have to be a letter from PRTB to establish his/her residence in the state...utilities bills,banks statements,tax credit certificates etc shows residence in the state...in my case we provided them with a letter from her employer stating that she has bn with the company since january 2008 till date...meaning she is still working with the company....2 recent payslips...bank statement backdated last year june 2008...letter from my landlord and eircom bills with both names on it..once the person is working in the state that alone proves that the person is residing here....
In order for a private tenancy to be legal, it has to be register with the PRTB. Except if the landlord is living in the same household as you. In which case he would have to provide evidence he owns the home and a letter confirming he is living with you.

I know it is the landlords responsibility. But without it, you have no legal safeguard where the law is concerned.

I think the ten days deadline to submit it is very unreasonable, but them requesting it is not I'm afraid.

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:51 pm

why are they not asking other residence applicant for PRTB letter but only those applying for EU1 residence...if granting residence is solely based on being registered with the PRTB then the shld ask those married to Irish spouse too..why they not requesting PRTB letter from green card/workpermit holders before granting their family residence...why they are not asking those that apply for LTR to provide the same..??

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:15 pm

akwadaa wrote:why are they not asking other residence applicant for PRTB letter but only those applying for EU1 residence...if granting residence is solely based on being registered with the PRTB then the shld ask those married to Irish spouse too..why they not requesting PRTB letter from green card/workpermit holders before granting their family residence...why they are not asking those that apply for LTR to provide the same..??
Akwadaa you are perfectly right. It seems this is an issue that might have to get resolved at the courts, possibly at the EU court of Justice.

It seems quite discriminating doesn't it.

I have to say, i have yet to see a case where people have been rejected because the failed to provide PRTB.