ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One way or return ticket

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidSamuels

One way or return ticket

Post by SidSamuels » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:38 pm

I hold Tier 1 Visa and am planning my travel. I was wondering if it would be OK to get a one way ticket to UK instead of a return ticket? Any advice.

Cheers,
SidSam

email257525
BANNED

tickets

Post by email257525 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:45 pm

i think return ticket is valid 4 six months if open return,

But al depend upon u if u wana buy single or return, if u have plans to travel bk soon then go 4 return.

Can u put travel related thread into concern forum, ths is purely 4 tire 1 gen

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. My question was related to Tier 1, actually I want to know if it would be a problem at immigration if I arrive in UK with one way ticket?

PS: If you feel the question is still not relevant, please let me know or please move it to appropriate thread.

email257525
BANNED

tier 1

Post by email257525 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:03 pm

i think there shud nt b any concern by travel ticket on immigration desk

They only interest valid visa,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:33 pm

SidSamuels wrote:Thank you for the quick reply. My question was related to Tier 1, actually I want to know if it would be a problem at immigration if I arrive in UK with one way ticket?

PS: If you feel the question is still not relevant, please let me know or please move it to appropriate thread.
There is not restriction on travel ticket for Tier-1.You can have any. If you want to travel back in future you can get return or else single. It depend on your personal choice.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:01 pm

As far as Immigration officers as concerned, you are coming on a VISA which leads to permanent residence so there should be no compulsion to have a return ticket unlike Business/Tourist or other short term visas.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Thank you all. I have booked my return Ticket just in case. But I appreciate your replies and hope this information about one way ticket is helpful to other members who may be in similar dilemma.