ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) help needed ..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rashidshah
Newly Registered

SET(O) help needed ..

Post by rashidshah » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:38 am

What should I fill in this box?
6 . 1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the
date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay
on which this application is based.
I came to UK as a student in sept 2003. Got my work permit in Sept 2004 while I was in the UK. The application is based on 5 year work permit stay .

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:15 pm

As it says put the date you 1st entered, ie Sept 2003
Magsi

sac

Post by sac » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:49 pm

no! you need to put in Sept 2004.

it clearly says: This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

your application is based on a work permit stay. so put the date that marks the beginning of that period.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 pm

I still disagree what does first mean then? and dont think you would get your application refused just because of that.
Magsi

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:11 am

sac is correct. The key phrase is "on which this application is based". The ILR application is based on Work Permit status, hence the relevant start date is when the WP was approved. The period before that when the person was on student status doesn't count.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:54 am

global gypsy,

I do get the point, my question however will be OP never actually entered the country in 2004 since he was already here? and question does ask the specific entry date into the country, so it depends which way you look at it.
Magsi

rashidshah
Newly Registered

Post by rashidshah » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:28 am

thanks for all your replies :D

I understand that I didnt entered the country in Sept 2004 (which is starting point of my qualifying period ) as I was already here from sept 2003.

Comment from someone with recent ILR application would be v helpful.
Its the first question in section 6 of SET(O).

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:38 pm

I got my ILR recently, so can share from experience.
I had a 4-month WP until end of 2004, then got a 4-year WP from Jan 2005. I was applying for ILR based on the second WP (plus subsequent HSMP), so gave the start date as the one against the 2nd WP (i.e. start of 2005), not the initial WP.

In your case, suggest you use the Sep 2004 date. Your student status from 2003 to 2004 has no bearing on the ILR application.

Rupak
Newly Registered

ILR Query

Post by Rupak » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:00 pm

deleted
Last edited by Rupak on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Query

Post by Rozen » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Rupak wrote: 2. I have got my birth certificate but not in English, but I do have school living with me, is school living valid for birth?

Rupak
What on earth is "school living"? :?

Rupak
Newly Registered

ILR Query

Post by Rupak » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Rupak on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Query

Post by f2k » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Rupak wrote:I have few question for my ILR Covered by HSMP 4 years JR, someone can please help me,

1.currently I am living with my friend in council house, therefore no proof how much I am paying to them, because I can’t pay due to this is council house, is there any risk on this, if I just tick the button living with my friends on Application form,

2.I have got my birth certificate but not in English, but I do have school living with me, is school living valid for birth?

I would really appreciate for your help on this,

Many thanks,
Rupak
1. I think it might be a problem. Once you tick 'owned, rented by a friend' they may ask to see more details

2. I am not sure if you have to provide birth certificate

sac

Post by sac » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Rupak,
it is poor manners to hijack a forum thread. it is even worse if you are multiple posting the same message in other places. and on top of that, it is annoying that you cannot even google some basic things, such as UKBA guidelines on translated documents, or where to find solicitors in London.

but most of all, it is frustrating that you cannot spell and expect other people to figure out your code language, not once but twice. surely you know the difference between 'living' and 'leaving'?? you might think the whole world knows '10 STD' is supposed to mean 'tenth standard' (in india), but (to anyone else not from that country) it could well mean you have a certificate proving you contracted ten sexually transmitted diseases by living in school dorms!!

please - and this goes to anyone applicable - put a little more effort into posting the right way and communicating the right message, before expecting others to spend their time and energy responding to you.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:49 pm

sac wrote:Rupak,
it is poor manners to hijack a forum thread. it is even worse if you are multiple posting the same message in other places. and on top of that, it is annoying that you cannot even google some basic things, such as UKBA guidelines on translated documents, or where to find solicitors in London.

but most of all, it is frustrating that you cannot spell and expect other people to figure out your code language, not once but twice. surely you know the difference between 'living' and 'leaving'?? you might think the whole world knows '10 STD' is supposed to mean 'tenth standard' (in india), but (to anyone else not from that country) it could well mean you have a certificate proving you contracted ten sexually transmitted diseases by living in school dorms!!

please - and this goes to anyone applicable - put a little more effort into posting the right way and communicating the right message, before expecting others to spend their time and energy responding to you.
Good advice, sac! I was now racking my brain trying to figure out what 10 STD was, before I gave up and couldn't be bothered to ask anymore...

Rupak
Newly Registered

ILR Query

Post by Rupak » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Rupak on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rupak
Newly Registered

iLR Query

Post by Rupak » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Thank for the update f2k,

I have reviewed the Application form, only they asking to provide the documents on this

All applicants must provide the relevant documents specified in 9A. You must also provide the relevant doc-
uments specified in 9B to 9V for the particular category in which you are applying.

which is i am not in that category, I have got 4years p60, and pay slip with me,

I have no dependent so in that case i no need to provide my birth certificate

any advised on this,

Thanks