ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 yr ILR at PEO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

10 yr ILR at PEO

Post by RAJ2007 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:32 pm

Is there anyone who has recent success in gaining ILR through face-to face appt at one of the PEO. Could he/she share their experience.

minny

Post by minny » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:07 pm

ILR (10 yr) success at Croydon

Staightforward application

morning appt
went 30 min before app

Documents checked initially on the ground floor by a pleasant lady, then asked to go to first floor to pay the money. paid money by credit card, then directed across the room. Waited for my number to be called (15 min). Caseworker again very polite, took the form, photos and the Life in UK pass certificate. No questions asked.

Asked me to come back in 3 hours so that everything could be cross checked on their computer. Came back and waited for another 1 hour, my ticket number was again called and passport with ILR stamp was given to me.

Thanks everyone

:lol:

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:04 am

Congrats minny, what date was your appointment at PEO? did you have any gaps? what was your status for 10 years? was it student throughout?

Regards
Magsi

Shrimathi
Newly Registered

10 year ILR at PEO

Post by Shrimathi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:54 am

Dear Magsi and Raj
I applied in person at Croydon for ILR 10 yr rule. As you know, decision is pending due to reason I explained in my earlier posts. My brother and a friend got ILR without any problem under 10 year rule (one gap in visa up to 10 days OK, dont confuse with absences out side uk to gaps in visa). I understand, 10 year lawful residency is the single most criteria. The additional factors which count are: employment, economic activity, connections in UK, No general grounds for refusal. In my case all these were ok except the LTR for the period 1st Feb 2003 to 04 April 2004 (dependent) and later LTR August 2003 to 2nd Feb 2004 (WP LTR). This has caused the confusion, case worker had to refer the case to sr case worker (I am still waiting for the decision). I suggest, produce all PPs, all P60s, last 3 months payslips/bank statements (these are the docs I submitted, all OK).
Good luck
Shrimathi

minny

Post by minny » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanx Magsi.

It was last week, no gaps, combination of permit free training and HSMP

Also, One does not have to declare fixed penalty notice

nj
Newly Registered

10 yr ILR at PEO

Post by nj » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Dear Minny
I am in a similar situation as you for ILR. Came to UK as visitor 28 Oct 1999 (6 months validity visitor visa). In Nov/Dec 1999, in country refusal of LTR as dependent. Stayed as visitor until I got permit free on 24th Jan 2000.
24 Jan 2000 to 26th July 2006 permit free
27th July 2006 to 27th July HSMP.
I understand, 10 years counted from 28th Oct 1999 and accordingly I will be eligible for ILR in Oct 2009 (other members of the forum are with same opinion). Some of my friends suggested me to apply for ILR in Jan 2010 (10 years from 1st permit free LTR issue rather than first arrival as visitor). I do not see any reason consider gap in visa, just because I had a refusal of in country dependent LTR when existing visitor visa still valid.
I value your opinion.
Thanks
nj

minny

Post by minny » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:17 pm

nj,

You should count 10 years from the day you landed in the UK

nj
Newly Registered

10 yr ILR at PEO

Post by nj » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Dear Minny
Many thanks. I consulted immigration solicitor, who said the same thing. They also told me the HO has stopped 10 ILR applications in person 2 weeks ago, infuture these applications have to be by post only. I have not confirmed this news myself.
Regards
nj

lboro

Re: 10 yr ILR at PEO

Post by lboro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:15 pm

nj wrote:Dear Minny
Many thanks. I consulted immigration solicitor, who said the same thing. They also told me the HO has stopped 10 ILR applications in person 2 weeks ago, infuture these applications have to be by post only. I have not confirmed this news myself.
Regards
nj
They have not stopped 10 ILR applications in person. You can still apply in person, however there are only six appointments per day(in this category) for the whole country!

nj
Newly Registered

10 yr ILR at PEO

Post by nj » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:55 pm

Dear Iboro
Many thanks for the information which is reassuring. As I said in my last post, I did not check with the HO myself. But two immigration solicitors told me this today when I phoned them for advice. Also one of my friend has ILR appt in person under 10 yr rule on 31st July, phoned HO to request to change it another day. However, the HO person told her they have stopped in person applications for 10 year ILR and they cannot change. I need to check this myself, as I am hoping to apply in this catagory in Oct 2009.
nj

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:10 pm

nj,

This rumour has been going around for a while, i remember just before i booked my appointment in Aug i read on this forum people were not able to book an appointment at PEO for 10 yr LR, but i called and got the appointment.

Also Iboro has booked it last week as well if i am not wrong.
Magsi

nj
Newly Registered

10 year ILR at PEO

Post by nj » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Dear Magsi
I also had seen the same rumour earlier on thisforum. The fact that you and Iboro got appt in August, the in person appts still available. Hopefully, when I due to apply in Oct I will be able to apply in person. Please advice, what is the procedure to get SAR from HO. It is worth having all information before hand prior to lodging the application. Wish you Iboro best of luck for your ILR. My friend has appt on 31st July, I will post the result and her experience on this, so that it will be useful to other forum members.
nj

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:56 am

nj,

who so ever is telling you that HO has stopped giving appt for 10yr ILR is rubbish. I have booked appt for myself a week ago. I was given two options for Cryodon 9am or 10am.

lboro,

I agree with you. there are only 6 slots (2 cryodon, 1 for other 4 PEO's) per day. It goes very quickly. literally by 9.10am everyday.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:34 am

nj,

Do you have any gaps between your visas? its always good to have SAR file if in any doubt, but if you applying in October i am not sure if you will receive the SAR file on time.

check this link below to see how SAR is done.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Magsi

nj
Newly Registered

10 year ilr at peo

Post by nj » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:51 am

Magsi
Many thanks for your reply. Is far as I understand iI do not have any gaps in my visas. Visa/LTR are as follows:
Entered as visitor 28 oct 1999 (Visa vilid until 04/2000)
In country LTR application as dependent was refused on 14 Dec 1999
From 20th January 2000 till 11 July 2011 continious LTR, No gaps at all.
The reason I am keen to have SAR file is to check my immigration histroy from date refusal of dependent LTR on 14 Dec 1999 till I got permit free LTR on 20th Jan 2000. As far as I am aware, eventhough dependent LTR was refused on 14th Dec 1999, my existing visit visa was still valid until April 2000. I understannd, there was no gap from 28th Oct to 20th Jan 2000 when I got my first LTR as permit free. Hopefully SAR will help me to confirm this.
Thank you sending the link for SAR. I will apply for SAR tomorrow and wait until I get SAR report before I make application.
Do I need to send HO correspondence, visa copies, previous refusal letter copy etc when I make a request ?.
Many thanks and regards

nj

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:14 am

nj,

This is what you need for SAR:

A letter from you requesting SAR.
A Passport copy including the Visa Page.
A utility bill to confirm your address.
A cheque of £10.

Make sure you sign the letter and it matches the signature in home office.

Regards
Magsi

lboro

Re: 10 year ILR at PEO

Post by lboro » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:47 am

nj wrote: Wish you Iboro best of luck for your ILR. My friend has appt on 31st July, I will post the result and her experience on this, so that it will be useful to other forum members.
nj
Oh thanks nj, and all the best to ur friend tomorrow! U mentioned that she wanted to change this date, why? because the ealier u get ILR the better! Hope she will have good experience with HO.

Regarding getting appointment, it is lucky sometimes, because I had to call several times to secure one but if you are lucky u could get one on ur first attempt, isn't magsi?

You should be able to get ur SAR by Oct if you send ur letter and cheque tomorrow as u will have the whole of Aug, Sept to wait for it..

nj
Newly Registered

10 year ILR at PEO

Post by nj » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Dear Iboro and Magsi
Thanks for your suggestions. My friend wanted to change tomorrow's appt because she had a job interview in Birmingham on the same day. Obviousley priorty was ILR, she decided to keep ILR appt and loose job interview (has current job going, but interview was for job with career progression). She will go for ILR tomorrow 9am, I will update her experience as soon as I get the information.
Best of luck to you both.
Regards
nj

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Magsi ,

Just to add what you said about SAR request. When I requested my SAR(with chq), I only sent a letter mentioning my address, HO Reference, and mY DOB. Obviously my signature is the same signature as recorded in HO file. I didn't sent anything else. (no passport photocopy, no utility bills).

nj
Newly Registered

10 yr ILR at PEO

Post by nj » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Dear Raj2007
Thanks for sharing your experience o SAR. I really appreciate all of you contribute lots of useful information on this forum. Best of luck. When I have my friend's ilr result tomorrow, I will post the experiance at PEO and outcome of application, so that it may be useful to all of you who have ILR appt soon.
Best wishes and regards
nj

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Raj,

Thats true, but its just best to send all the info so there is no probs afterwards. i remember a friend of mine was asked to provide copy of his passport and it delayed the process by few weeks.

Regards
Magsi

nj
Newly Registered

10 yr ILR at PEO

Post by nj » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:47 pm

Dear Magsi/Raj/Iboro
As promised, I just wanted to share my friend's experiance at PEO today for ILR under 10 yr rule.
She had appt at 9am, but went in early 8am. Paid the required fees. The case worker took only PPs, KOL, photographs along with SET(O). Did not take payslips, bank statements or P60s. Out of HO by mid day with ILR granted !!!. She said, everything was straight forward no questions asked!!. So, it obvious that under 10yr rule, most importatnt is continious lawful stay. However, it is worth taking all other documents such as all P60s, job letters and bank statements/payslips (3 months) just in case they ask !!!.
Best of luck to you guys. Please share your experience after your appt. I plan to apply in Oct 2009, when I complete 10 years.
Regards
nj

lboro

Re: 10 yr ILR at PEO

Post by lboro » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:00 pm

nj, thanks for that good news and many congratulation to ur friend. Indeed I will let u know my experience as well once I attended my appointment.

Which PEO did she go and any more information you can share? (i.e, visa dates on the passport - did she have gaps in date of visa stamps?)

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:36 pm

Indeed a very good news, Congratulations, Yeh if you could find out about visa dates etc that would be helpfull as Iboro said.

Also what visa was she on when she applied? i may be wrong but i do think it makes a difference what is your visa status ie student, wp holder, tier 1 etc, when applying for LR ILR.
Magsi

nj
Newly Registered

10 yr ILR at PEO

Post by nj » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Dear Iboro & Magsi
My friend went to PEO Croydon. She currently on HSMP/Tier1 which was valid for about couple more years. Absolutely no gaps at all in her visas in the PP. Her immigration history is Permit free to start with (I think from 1999 and somewhere end of 2006 went on HSMP, by this date she had already completed 10 years. No gaps between LTR/HSMP.). I do not think type of visa matters as such, the most important is 10 years lawful stay with maximum one gap of 10 days as per current IDI (do not confuse with on time LTR application to HO but late stamp by HO which is not a gap as long as on day of posting appl there was valid LTR on PP). She said no hastles or questions at all. Just all PPs, KOL, photos, SET(O) and obviously payment !!!. If you need specific info from her please let me know, I can find out from my friend. She is very pleased and didnot mind missing her job interview which she had in Birmingham.
Regards
nj