ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP FLR refund details?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LondonBlonde

HSMP FLR refund details?

Post by LondonBlonde » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Does anyone know who we need to write to in order to get our refund for fourth year HSMP extension? I see conditions of the refund posted everywhere, but no one seems to know how we are to be awarded.

I called UK Border and Immigation last week and they said we will get a letter in the mail. However, Home Office says we need to write a letter to them before May 10, 2010.

Anyone have more details? Thnx LondonBlonde

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP FLR refund details?

Post by justice_will_reign » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:37 pm

LondonBlonde wrote:Does anyone know who we need to write to in order to get our refund for fourth year HSMP extension? I see conditions of the refund posted everywhere, but no one seems to know how we are to be awarded.

I called UK Border and Immigation last week and they said we will get a letter in the mail. However, Home Office says we need to write a letter to them before May 10, 2010.

Anyone have more details? Thnx LondonBlonde
If you're applying for ILT soon, you will get the refund automatically after your ILT application. But if you've gotten your ILT already, thy you need to download the form on HO website, you will find the address on the form.:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ew-09-form

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:09 am

Thanks very much 8)

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Anyone get their refund yet? We mailed the form three weeks back and still no acknowledgement from Home Office.

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:17 pm

hello

In that refund form what did you guy senter for below item 9

Original payment reference number (PRN)

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi, we never got a specific confirmation of payment when applying for the extension eliigeable for refund, so we used the application confirmation number (ref# on the letter we got just after mailing in the FLR(HSMP)).

We should stay on top of this as HO would prob rather we all not get this refund in the end.

LondonBlonde

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:16 pm

ok thanks

I have opened a post to track the timelines.

can you please update your details

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:07 am

Called HO today. They say none of us will get confirmation, rather a cheque for the refund up to several months from the date we send our applications.

They are currently dealing with applications received June 5th.
Last edited by LondonBlonde on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks for the update. What number did you call them on?

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 am

HO LTR FLR application phone number is 01142074074

chakku71

Post by chakku71 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:17 am

LondonBlonde wrote:HO LTR FLR application phone number is 01142074074
My friend waited for 6 weeks and then got the letter and refunds. (Already had ILR).
BB

jahil
Newly Registered

Post by jahil » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 am

chakku71 wrote:
My friend waited for 6 weeks and then got the letter and refunds. (Already had ILR).
Called HO and inquired about refund status and was told its been approved since 19th July and will be with you soon.

This was after my 2nd reminder to HO about refund and this reminder i copied to HSMP FORUM LTD and Jonthan Sedgwick UKBA :evil:

Sten

Post by Sten » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:34 am

What is the current timescale for refunds after ILR JR was received in PEO ?

All experiences here seem to refer to postal application and "already had ILR, sent a refund request form" cases ...
Good luck !

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:51 pm

jahil wrote:
chakku71 wrote:
Called HO and inquired about refund status and was told its been approved since 19th July and will be with you soon.

This was after my 2nd reminder to HO about refund and this reminder i copied to HSMP FORUM LTD and Jonthan Sedgwick UKBA :evil:
hi, how can you copy to Jonathan Sedgwick? :?:

thanks

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:54 am

Got a letter from Home Office dated 12 August about terms of the Judicial Review. However still no refund!

I called today and found out that we have another six to eight weeks from the date of the letter.

So now we are nearly four months from the refund application send date without refund.

HO also told me that they are only sending letters out to those who send in an application. And in order to get ILR sooner or get the refund, YOU MUST SEND IN THE APPLICATION BEFORE MAY 2010 or you will lose the priveledge.

LondonBlonde

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Still no refund. Nearly four months now since I sent the application. Each time I call HO, they say they are working on the backlog.

Has anyone been paid yet?

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:01 pm

It looks to me some of us might not get a refund!

And I think that would depend on when we left our country of residence after we were given the initial HSMP Entry visa.

This does not apply to those who applied for their initial HSMP visa within the UK.

Take for instance my own case:

HSMP Visa - July 2004
Entry to the UK - Sept 2004 (spent 2 months before travelling to the UK)
First Extension - July 2005 to July 2008 (3 yrs)
Second Extension - July 2008 to July 2011

The second Extension was applied for in order to meet the 5 years qualifying period for ILR and HSMP JR had not been won then.

And now ILR in June 2009 (but backdated to Sept 2008 by HO). This means HO only used my initial UK entry date (Sept 2004).

If I had been allowed to apply for ILR in 2008 (after spending 4 years), I might not have qualified because I would have only spent 3 year 10months by July 2008 - when my visa was to expire. By then I would have only spent 3years 10months which is at least 1 month short ( if I have to consider applying 28days before clocking 4 years). That would mean I have to painfully apply for another extension just because of 1 month.

In view of that, I think I have not received a refund from HomeOffice for the second extension I made in July 2008 (in order to meet the 5years - before JR was won) because I would have been required to apply for a second extension anyway since I would be one month short.

I think some of us are in this category and have not yet received any refund, and will probably not receive any due to the above illustration

If anyone is in this category and has received a refund, then I would be really glad to know.

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:23 am

The refund still applies to you TroyGuy. You would still have received ILR at four years instead of five. Not sure about FLR for only two months. Maybe someone else can shed light.

You should apply very soon. HO has the loophole that anyone who does not apply before May 2010 will not get the refund. It takes two to three months before HO will acqnowledge receipt of your letter. If you wait too long, they can say they never received it in time.

Let us know what happens.

bani

Post by bani » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Troyguy,

Sorry, you would not get the refund for the reason you mentioned.

If you arrived within 28 days of your EC stamp, then you wouldn't have needed the second extension. And you will have received a refund.

A few months ago, more people were getting the refunds even though they entered the UK 35, even 45 days after the EC. But they are getting strict now and better at counting the days.

Also, you don't have to send the form to claim the refund. It should have been/will be processed automatically because you got your ILR after the JR terms were posted. I think you will get a letter stating you are not eligible for the refund.

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:38 pm

I disagree with Bani on this.

We were told by HO that process was not automatic even if you have ILR before JR date. We fall into this category having ILR since 2008, but had to send in the application before getting letter. HO told us the letter was sent as confirmation of our application for refund - not automatic.

TroyGuy, sending in an application for refund does not cost you anything. Only HO will be able to tell you with certainty if you qualify.
LondonBlonde

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:00 pm

Thank you all. I will send the form tomorrow. Who knows I might be lucky to get a refund.

Please does anyone know what:

HSMP Reference Number and PRN are?

I haven't got any specific HSMP reference number to my knowledge and neither do I know what PRN is meant to be.

Cheers

bani

Post by bani » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:37 pm

LondonBlonde wrote:I disagree with Bani on this.

We were told by HO that process was not automatic even if you have ILR before JR date. We fall into this category having ILR since 2008, but had to send in the application before getting letter. HO told us the letter was sent as confirmation of our application for refund - not automatic.

TroyGuy, sending in an application for refund does not cost you anything. Only HO will be able to tell you with certainty if you qualify.
LondonBlonde
TroyGuy and you are not in the same category.

You had to send the form.

TroyGuy got ILR in June 2009 after the JR, you got yours before. If you read the UKBA site, it says in his case, the refund processing will be automatic.

I got ILR via the HSMP JR in August 2009, backdated to December 2008. I emailed my caseworker about the refund and he told me it will be done automatically by another team. I had to send a reminder email last week, asking for contact details of the team. Yesterday, I got my £750 refund cheque. I did not send a form.

Sure, it won't hurt him to send the form. But if everyone who doesn't need to send it does so, it will delay the processing of applicants in your category who really have to send the form. I think a reminder to your caseworker works better. The email address would be (use caseworker's name) - firstname.lastname@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk.

bani

Post by bani » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:59 pm

I quoted this in my email to my caseworker. Good luck.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... residence/
"If your application for settlement is successful, you will also receive a one-off payment to cover the cost of your second extension application, which would not have otherwise been required. We will make the one-off payment by cheque to the person listed as the main applicant in the second extension application. This cheque will be sent separately, not with your grant of settlement, and you do not need to take any action to request the payment - we will take the necessary action to generate it."

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:25 pm

troyguy21 wrote:Thank you all. I will send the form tomorrow. Who knows I might be lucky to get a refund.

I haven't got any specific HSMP reference number to my knowledge and neither do I know what PRN is meant to be.

Cheers
TroyGuy, we used our FLR application reference number and that seemed to have worked. If you don't have that, I would call the HO at the number earlier in this thread for help. Option 5 I think.

Best of luck,
LondonBlonde

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm

LondonBlonde wrote:
troyguy21 wrote:Thank you all. I will send the form tomorrow. Who knows I might be lucky to get a refund.

Cheers
TroyGuy, we used our FLR application reference number and that seemed to have worked. If you don't have that, I would call the HO at the number earlier in this thread for help. Option 5 I think.

Best of luck,
LondonBlonde

Thank you. I've sent the form with the reference on the FLR.
Of course the refund should have been automatic for my category. But I've not heard anything from HO since June when ILR was issued. Not sure if I should send a follow up email as suggested by BANI