ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:26 am

Oh, FFS!!!

Called today, still waiting for, you guessed it... outside agencies.

But here's the strange bit - they have already told me that garda checks are complete and today she said that the social welfare report came back "recently" but would not give a date, "not at liberty to say" (???!!!). She also was "not at liberty to say" which agency they are now waiting for.

Does anyone have any idea who this mysterious secret outside agency could be?

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:43 am

tom4 wrote:Oh, FFS!!!

Called today, still waiting for, you guessed it... outside agencies.

But here's the strange bit - they have already told me that garda checks are complete and today she said that the social welfare report came back "recently" but would not give a date, "not at liberty to say" (???!!!). She also was "not at liberty to say" which agency they are now waiting for.

Does anyone have any idea who this mysterious secret outside agency could be?
FFS, indeed!

Sorry, I can't help with identifying who/what this mysterious outside agency could be--just chiming in to offer commiseration.

It is clear, though, that the path to naturalisation is becoming ever more byzantine and difficult. Pretty soon they'll just demand a secret handshake and special codeword for the application even to be accepted for submission and added to the queue.

Very, very odd, and really, really infuriating.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:32 am

Hi Tom,
My best guess is they do check few agencies , possibly :
- Garda
- Social Services
- Court (I know Garda check should do it, but neva know coz i read somewhere court case had created question for someone naturalisation)
- Tax - This is just a guess
- INIS/ GNIB themselves

As we all know inter departmental communication is fairly vague/not on time in general ... that could be adding to delay.

These are just me guesses... No one knows exactly what they check..

Regards
Tiggs

D1mitry

Post by D1mitry » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:37 pm

tiggs wrote:Hi Tom,
My best guess is they do check few agencies , possibly :
- Garda
- Social Services
- Court (I know Garda check should do it, but neva know coz i read somewhere court case had created question for someone naturalisation)
- Tax - This is just a guess
- INIS/ GNIB themselves

As we all know inter departmental communication is fairly vague/not on time in general ... that could be adding to delay.

These are just me guesses... No one knows exactly what they check..

Regards
Tiggs
They should come up openly and say that all the gimmicks is to weather the decentralisation as the dubs kids dont want to go to cultie land. Once they do it, they will be told that Irish government has no pennies for that "keep rural oirish sweet" exercise and they will be processing applications again.

The whole load reminds my soviet union of entire centres not being aware of what they actually produce as it was too secret. Firs cousins, I suppose....

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 pm

there are sometimes special sittings arranged by naturalisation section when 100-200 applicants are dealth in a day (oath in Dublin). maybe you will be offered one of those when they have a larger crowd waiting for appointments. But courts are usually closed during the summer, thus the backlog. there is only one court dealing with oaths in dublin. you can try the nearby counties as well. but most of them would require you to be a resident in their area.
yes there were 2 special sittings of the Dublin court in December 2008 as the waiting times were ridiculous for getting an appointment for the oath.
Try the following district courts as I know of people who have got theirs done in these courts, though these people were not resident in those particular areas.
Donegal
Athlone
Dundalk

KZN
Newly Registered

Post by KZN » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 pm

You can try Cork district court-no appointment required-declarations are done on Monday mornings.

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:25 am

I came across this old news. i just like to share with you. i don't know if this news been posted here before.

Fidelity and loyalty oath ends the waiting...
Date dec 2008

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 50527.html

elbet
Newly Registered

Urgent - Marriage affidavit

Post by elbet » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 am

Can anyone please send me a link for the pdf format of 'Marriage affidavit' , non of the above links posted before is in .pdf and the rest are not really possible to write on . The Birth affidavit on inis site is perfect I am looking for something similar for Marriage affidavit

Please Help

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 am

My application was submitted to the minister on the 8th July. The very pleasant woman on the phone said that I should receive a decision 'shortly'.

Timelines for those interested:

Applied August 2006
Additional Information requested September 2008
Most recent communication was at the beginning of this month seeking photocopies of my proof of GNIB registration.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Can anyone please send me a link for the pdf format of 'Marriage affidavit' , non of the above links posted before is in .pdf and the rest are not really possible to write on . The Birth affidavit on inis site is perfect I am looking for something similar for Marriage affidavit
Can you not type the contents in word. The key thing is to get a template which you now have.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:15 pm

sideshowsue wrote:My application was submitted to the minister on the 8th July. The very pleasant woman on the phone said that I should receive a decision 'shortly'.

Timelines for those interested:

Applied August 2006
Additional Information requested September 2008
Most recent communication was at the beginning of this month seeking photocopies of my proof of GNIB registration.
Nice one there sideshowsue.

I am delighted you are getting near to the end of the tunnell after all. The more the 2006 backlog moves the better the hopes for us 2007 cohorts.

Keep us posted for the good news when it finally arrives.

9j

Tuner

Re: Urgent - Marriage affidavit

Post by Tuner » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:40 pm

elbet wrote:Can anyone please send me a link for the pdf format of 'Marriage affidavit' , non of the above links posted before is in .pdf and the rest are not really possible to write on . The Birth affidavit on inis site is perfect I am looking for something similar for Marriage affidavit

Please Help
Not sure if u have to register on that site, this is our Russian forum, just clik an try
http://www.virtualireland.ru/misc.php?d ... nts&t=1989

My friend got citizenship today, applied in Oct 2006, got that letter early in the morning in an average envelope. Just for your records, mates.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 pm

sideshowsue wrote:My application was submitted to the minister on the 8th July.
I'm astonished that she was "at liberty" to divulge this highly sensitive, classified, secret information - see my earlier post. (maybe just a touch of sarcasm crept in there).

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:51 pm

tom4 wrote:
sideshowsue wrote:My application was submitted to the minister on the 8th July.
I'm astonished that she was "at liberty" to divulge this highly sensitive, classified, secret information - see my earlier post. (maybe just a touch of sarcasm crept in there).
No doubt she will soon be chastened for her informativeness! They'll ship her off to the re-education camps where she will have years to reflect upon her loose tongue and ample labour to atone for her crimes. Once she's considered to be adequately reconditioned, they'll put her back in a front-end job where all she can say is either 'No, I'm afraid that is not possible,' or 'I'm sorry, but I cannot divulge this information.'

godspower
Newly Registered

Re: Application is been prepared for minister

Post by godspower » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:53 pm

luckcisco wrote:Hi All,

Did anyone who has applied in sept 2006 have got their Naturalization?

From Jan 2009 helpline guys are saying that my application is been prepared to be sent to minister for approval. How long these take normally?

My take is people who submitted to Tipperary office are blessed as they are doing better job than Dublin...
I applied Sept 06 and submitted docs in Sept '08 and have since not heard anything. I haven't heard of anybody that applied in Sept '06 getting it.

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:13 pm

Hello all,

Just to let you know that I've sent a letter to the Immigration Council of Ireland complaining about the appalling delay in making a decision on applications for naturalisation pending for over 36months. Did anyone on this forum think of doing the same?. I remind you that the more the complaints, the more likely some form of action can be taken or at least we think!

HSE

Post by HSE » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:55 pm

hi , i applied over 42 months now. and my wife for 35 months now. yea sure i think its not a bad idea. just not sure it wud work or not but worth it to try... wana send me the template of your application or something. cheers.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:44 am

malcolmrx wrote:Hello all,

Just to let you know that I've sent a letter to the Immigration Council of Ireland complaining about the appalling delay in making a decision on applications for naturalisation pending for over 36months. Did anyone on this forum think of doing the same?. I remind you that the more the complaints, the more likely some form of action can be taken or at least we think!

I think sending a letter to the Immigration Council of Ireland is like preaching to the choir. It's Local Ministers, Dept of Justice, Dept of Foreign Affairs, EU Reps etc. that you need to complain to.

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:33 am

godspower wrote:

From Jan 2009 helpline guys are saying that my application is been prepared to be sent to minister for approval. How long these take normally?

My take is people who submitted to Tipperary office are blessed as they are doing better job than Dublin...
I applied Sept 06 and submitted docs in Sept '08 and have since not heard anything. I haven't heard of anybody that applied in Sept '06 getting it.
My friend did, not sure, Sept or Oct 2006. He got it a few days ago. Don't worry, u ll get it.

cnu

Post by cnu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:18 pm

HSE wrote:hi , i applied over 42 months now. and my wife for 35 months now. yea sure i think its not a bad idea. just not sure it wud work or not but worth it to try... wana send me the template of your application or something. cheers.
Can you share the template with me also please? Also if you can let me know the address of the TDs to whom you plan to send. I'm also a longtime lurker totally frustrated with their cold-attitude.

godspower
Newly Registered

Post by godspower » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 pm

Tuner wrote:
godspower wrote:

My friend did, not sure, Sept or Oct 2006. He got it a few days ago. Don't worry, u ll get it.
Amen. Thanks Tuner for being positive.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:08 pm

Anyone got through to the same RUDE :evil: :twisted: lady I spoke with on the INIS "helpline" today:

Me: Can you pls tell me the updte re my application
Rude lady: I am afraid I dont have any info for you.
Me: Last time I checked, I was told you were waiting on outside agencies. Just like to know if things have moved on since then.
Rude Lady: (Raising her voice), No! No!! No!! we dont give out such confidential info ((I could hear her trying to cut me off)
Me: (Quickly interject before she cuts me off) So what can you tell me pls about where my aplication is at this stage
Rude lady: I am afraid we don't do that. They are very confidential information (Cuts me off!)

Well, so much for a "helpline"

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 pm

It sounds like they are tightening up (see my recent post: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:26 am) and trying to discourage callers by making it pointless to call.
How exactly is the information "confidential", she is talking to the APPLICANT?

Please forgive me if I am being rude, but do you by any chance have a strong accent, perhaps african, middle eastern or asian? (I'm thinking it may be a contributing factor in their lack of helpfulness).

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi my friends sister (a nurse) went to Australia after a year she got LTR after 3 years she got citizenship. Her batch here that stayed in Ireland still waiting for their naturalisation decision.

I dont understand why other countries like Australia, Canada, UK , USA etc seems to value high skilled workers and I why they dont do it here?

Why do they want us to go home after long years of work here and already have families here, mortgage, life....

are we a burden to the Irish economy? :cry:

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:42 pm

tom4 wrote:It sounds like they are tightening up (see my recent post: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:26 am) and trying to discourage callers by making it pointless to call.
How exactly is the information "confidential", she is talking to the APPLICANT?

Please forgive me if I am being rude, but do you by any chance have a strong accent, perhaps african, middle eastern or asian? (I'm thinking it may be a contributing factor in their lack of helpfulness).
Hi Tom,

I don't quite get the relevance of your point about accent. Not sure if you read the dialogue I posted in my preceeding post. It's was obvious she clearly understood my questions and she did not for once during our very brief conversation apear not to.

Are you saying having a Tipperrary accent is now part of the criteria for good clients service at INIS? 'cause if tha't the case I may borrow your expertise in that area to make future calls on my behalf
Last edited by 9jeirean on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.