ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

early extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nmkganeshan
Newly Registered

early extension

Post by nmkganeshan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 pm

last week I sent an email to HO asking if I can apply for an early extension. They replied as below....

------------------

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that we recommend extension applicants should wait until 28 days before their current leave expires, although it is not an absolute requirement.

Yours faithfully,

Rez Jason

Immigration Group

UK Border Agency

------------------

If I am not wrong, it clearly says you can apply for an early extension.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: early extension

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:26 pm

nmkganeshan wrote:last week I sent an email to HO asking if I can apply for an early extension. They replied as below....

------------------

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that we recommend extension applicants should wait until 28 days before their current leave expires, although it is not an absolute requirement.

Yours faithfully,

Rez Jason

Immigration Group

UK Border Agency

------------------

That's correct. You can apply for early extension as well.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:08 am

nmkganeshan wrote:
Mohan.. question here would be how early you want to apply.. though it is mentioned only 28days before.. there are lots of ppl who applied even upto 3months before..

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:18 am

nmkganeshan wrote: If I am not wrong, it clearly says you can apply for an early extension.
Yes, you can. Is there any specific reason for applying early ?
I've no right to advice you on that.
But, it will not take long before BIA bans early applications straight away, seeing kind of abuse seen last few months. Screwing genuine people, who have a reason for it.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm

A potential problem is that an early extension may not cover sufficient time required for settlement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:24 pm

vinny wrote:A potential problem is that an early extension may not cover sufficient time required for settlement.
That doesn't seem to be problem. Most of them are getting extension from expirey of current visa. Would that be not case, I don't think anyone try early extension.

Trouble is, this cause problem for people who cannot apply early because of some reasons, and if unfortunately their visa get rejected after expiry, then they are in trouble.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:52 pm

gotcha wrote:
vinny wrote:A potential problem is that an early extension may not cover sufficient time required for settlement.
That doesn't seem to be problem. Most of them are getting extension from expirey of current visa. Would that be not case, I don't think anyone try early extension.

Trouble is, this cause problem for people who cannot apply early because of some reasons, and if unfortunately their visa get rejected after expiry, then they are in trouble.
i agree with you gotcha...

Applicants are now-adays looking for next few days than few years esply the way UKBA is so frequently increasing the time period n rules

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:21 pm

There is also no right of appeal if your early extension application is rejected and you have leave remaining.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
gotcha wrote:

i agree with you gotcha...

Applicants are now-adays looking for next few days than few years esply the way UKBA is so frequently increasing the time period n rules
To be fair with BIA, this time they have put some transitional arrangement. It will not satisfy everybody,though(I'm not covered by any JR). I'm sure, once people go on other side of immigration system, and aquire citizenship, they will start to talk about system needs to be tougher etc.

But, that doesn't justify people's behaviour. It's just a act for peace of mind.