ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Check Please -- Applying for Tier 1 Extension tommorro

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vardhineni

Final Check Please -- Applying for Tier 1 Extension tommorro

Post by Vardhineni » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:51 am

i am on HSMP visa valid unitll 1st December 2009. I am applying for Tier 1 extension tommorrow at PEO Croydon. I have got an in-person appointment tommorrow. I have got 3 dependants.

Could you please do a check list of the below documents i am using:

Main Applicant:

1) Filled in Tier 1 Extension Application Form
2) Cover Letter
3) Age : 0 Points
4) Qualification: 30 Points ( Bachelors degree). Evidence supplied in the initial HSMP application.
5) Earnings: 45 Points.
Period Claimed: 1st July 2008 to 30 June 2009
Evidence: 12 Months Payslips( July 2008 to June 2009)
Bank Statements ( 15th July 2008 to 14th July 2009)

6) UK Experience: 5 Points ( Payslips. Worked for a company in UK). Gave employer contact details.
7) English Language Requirements: 10 Points. Evidence sumitted in the initial HSMP application
8) Maintenance: 10 Points. maintened more than £2399 ( 800 + 533 + 533 + 533) from Oct 2008.
9) Passport

Spouse:

1) Filled in Tier 1 dependant Application.
2) Passport
3) Marriage Certificate

First Child:

2) New Passport and Old Passport having valid HSMP Dependant visa
3) Birth Certificate

Second Child
( Born in UK):

2) Passport
3) Birth Certificate

Other Documents i am carrying
:

1) Degree Certificate
2) Degree Transcript
3) P60 for 2008 to 2009.
4) IELTS Certificate
5) Council Tax Bill
6) HSMP Approval Letter

Thanks
Pradeep

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:01 am

Looks fine to me. Just make sure you explain your maintenance funds clearly in the covering letter. E.g. if you are using the same bank statements as of Earning sections..mention it clearly.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:07 am

You need to put in separate Cover letters (Sponserletter from you to HO) for each of your dependent where you also explain wat docs u r submitting for each dependent..

Vardhineni

Post by Vardhineni » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:58 am

Hi,

In the main covering letter, i have clearly explained that the maintenance funds i have maintened are for myself and 3 dependants.

Do i need to create a separate sponsorship letter for each dependant?

--Pradeep

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Vardhineni wrote:Hi,

In the main covering letter, i have clearly explained that the maintenance funds i have maintened are for myself and 3 dependants.

--Pradeep
All the best for your application.
Just out of curiosity, is there any special reason, for applying early.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Vardhineni wrote:Hi,

--Pradeep
Vardhineni..

wat you explained in ur MAIN cover letter is fine..

Individual cover letters can be used to explain the supporting docs and details for each individual like
1. Marriage certificate for ur spouse
2. Birthcertificate for u kids
3. Passport no. of each..
or
you can cover the same in ur main coverletter.. like below:

In support of this (dependent) application, please find enclosed:

• Completed Tier 1 Dependants application form
• 2 x passport photos
• 1 x Indian passport – Fxxxxxx
• Original birth certificate

*Please note, the original bank statements for the funds section are with Mr MAIN’s Tier 1 application.

sorry if i confused you but.. wat i mean is that it is easy to explain each case more clearly in separate cover letter's than putting in 1cover letter

Please go ahead as you are comfortable because what u are doing is also not wrong..

Vardhineni

Post by Vardhineni » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Thanks All of You.

For each dependant, i have got a separate cover letter as follows:

DEPENDANT’S APPLICATION DETAILS
(Wife: ABC)

01 Application Form – Dependant Extension under Tier 1(General)
(a) Dependant’s Tier 1(General) Extension Application Form

02 Travel Document of dependent
(a) Passport enclosed.

03 Relationship Certificate
(a) Original Marriage Certificate

04 Maintenance Funds
Please refer to main applicant’s section. Bank Statements of the main applicant enclosed.

Hopefully the above one is ok.

I am applying earlier because one of my dependant has to travel to India in Spetember 09. I am not stating any reason for the early application.

--Pradeep
Last edited by Vardhineni on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 pm

Vardhineni wrote:Thanks All of You.

For each dependant, i have got a separate cover letter as follows:

DEPENDANT’S APPLICATION DETAILS
(Wife: abcd dads)
please edit n remove any personal details..

Add Passport no.. infront of Ur, Urwife n Kids Name...

looks good.. do get back if u require any info/format's i can share mine. cheers

Vardhineni

Post by Vardhineni » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks

mubu

Post by mubu » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 pm

All the best, do let us know how it was today and whether you got the approval!!!

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:59 pm

hi vardineeni,

I was just awaiting your outcome since even I'm planning to apply a bit earlier.
wish u update quickly and that be a positive update

Vardhineni

Post by Vardhineni » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi All,

I got the Tier 1 extension untill Dec 1st 2012. I just got back from London. i will give a detailed experience tommorrow(Wed).

--Pradeep

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 am

Vardhineni wrote:Hi All,

I got the Tier 1 extension untill Dec 1st 2012. I just got back from London. i will give a detailed experience tommorrow(Wed).

--Pradeep
Congratulations... for the goodnews for u after all the hardwork.. well done

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:56 am

Vardhineni wrote:Hi All,
--Pradeep
Good New..!! Enjoy the moment... :-)

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:58 pm

congrax , good news ,u can relax n njoy

Vardhineni

Post by Vardhineni » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks all of You. i have written my experience in the In-Person Applicants thread.

Request to Admins, Can you please make the In-Person Applicants thread a sticky one.

--Pradeep

sanak

Post by sanak » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:06 am

Hi tvn_ramesh,

Can you please send me a sample covering sponsership letter for my dependants, As i am unable to find online ...

Thanks a Lot

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:21 pm

sanak wrote:Hi tvn_ramesh,

Can you please send me a sample covering sponsership letter for my dependants, As i am unable to find online ...

Thanks a Lot
Sponsorship letter? What is that? If you are talking about Tier-1 dependants cover letter - its not necessary. You can include a paragraph in the main cover letter (if you provide one) about your dependants and the supporting evidence provided. The application forms are self explanatory and comprehensive otherwise.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:06 am

push_hsmp wrote:

Thanks a Lot
Sponsorship letter? What is that? If you are talking about Tier-1 dependants cover letter - its not necessary. You can include a paragraph in the main cover letter (if you provide one) about your dependants and the supporting evidence provided. The application forms are self explanatory and comprehensive otherwise.
Agree.

sanak

Post by sanak » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi Push ,

i mean for the maintenace fund since i am the only account holder the account i am using to show the fund for my dependent is not joint account.
hence i need to write some letter to say that dependens can access fund.

Thanks
push_hsmp wrote:

Thanks a Lot

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:21 pm

sanak wrote:Hi Push ,

i mean for the maintenace fund since i am the only account holder the account i am using to show the fund for my dependent is not joint account.
hence i need to write some letter to say that dependens can access fund.

Thanks
For dependents maintenance funds you can use your account, they dont need to have separate account.. You being the MAIN applicant maintennace funds of ur dependents can be shown from ur accout.. as chetan/push suggested, u can mention the same in ur cover letter and also mention that u r submitting such n such docs for respective dependents..

sanak

Post by sanak » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:52 pm

HI tvn_ramesh,push,

Thanks for the help i have another query when i joined my company i was permanent but suddenly they are comming up with a policy that pepole with limited leave to remain cannot be employed permanently with open contract the employement will be fixed term contract ...

this is after 2 years of my employment...is this legal what rights i have when i am on limited leave to remain under Tier1.

Please advice ... they say that my employment terms will be same as permanent but due to limited leave it will be fixed term due to visa implication is this legal or this is discrimination on basis of visa.

Thanks a lot in advance.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:10 pm

sanak wrote:HI tvn_ramesh,push,

Thanks for the help i have another query when i joined my company i was permanent but suddenly they are comming up with a policy that pepole with limited leave to remain cannot be employed permanently with open contract the employement will be fixed term contract ...

this is after 2 years of my employment...is this legal what rights i have when i am on limited leave to remain under Tier1.

Please advice ... they say that my employment terms will be same as permanent but due to limited leave it will be fixed term due to visa implication is this legal or this is discrimination on basis of visa.

Thanks a lot in advance.
I think this as descrimination. When your employer hired you, they were aware of the fact that you have limited leave to remain in the country and you will extend your visa when require.But all of a sudden after 2 years they are moving goalpost for you in the mid-game.Please note, once you agreed to the terms, you may be asked to leave after your fixed term expires(irrespective to what your manager commits verbally).

sanak

Post by sanak » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:30 pm

hi chetanojha /push/tvn_ramesh

My hr is saying as per the immigration law by home office they are not suppose to give open contract as per the law .I dnt know how far this is true ... what should i do for my circumstances shoudl i write to home office or should i take legal advice...
Please help me as none of the paragraph of tier 1 says that i cannot be employed as permanent....
The hr is trying to cover themself that they only realised once i asked them to write the letter stating my salary etc.. now in covering letter in my extension they are writing employment status as Fixed Term Contract subjected to renew on visa status...
which i am really concerned
Everytime my contact expiry date is going to be visa expiry date....

please advice please advice
chetanojha wrote:
sanak wrote:HI tvn_ramesh,push,

Thanks a lot in advance.
I think this as descrimination. When your employer hired you, they were aware of the fact that you have limited leave to remain in the country and you will extend your visa when require.But all of a sudden after 2 years they are moving goalpost for you in the mid-game.Please note, once you agreed to the terms, you may be asked to leave after your fixed term expires(irrespective to what your manager commits verbally).

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:05 pm

I have seen such cases in our Bank as well. Contracts of such employees either stated from day 1 or were modified later on to state that the contract, although permanent will be subject to them providing satisfactory proof of your valid right to work in UK when the VISA came up for renewal. They were in no way considered at any disadvantage re any other conditions of their employment - pay/raise/benefits like pension, Share plans etc.. They were not discriminated against when there was a round of redundancies in the Bank some time back.

Its not discrimination in that you have not been put under any worse condition than other employees. The company can not give you an open ended contract as it would mean that they are obliged to keep you on their rolls irrespective of your VISA status. Look at the issue from their perspective as well.

What concerns you?