ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

any documents for my child?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bugmaster

any documents for my child?

Post by bugmaster » Wed May 12, 2004 9:30 am

Hello Guys,

haven't been here for a while. And I am ready to translate most of my documents so I started to wonder (should be some paranioa) if I need to include evidence/documents for my child. I really think this should not be as I am not getting points for being a father but please let me know your thoughts so I can sleep well (perhaps ;))

Thanks
Buggy
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

aa
Newly Registered

Post by aa » Thu May 13, 2004 10:24 pm

Are you applying for HSMP approval or Visa ? For HSMP you don't get a point on your children. Supply only those documents which HSMP has asked for. Keep your and their life simple.

If you are applying for Visa, of course you need to provide your children's passport, photo.

bugmaster

cheers

Post by bugmaster » Fri May 14, 2004 7:28 am

yes, applying for hsmp. I knew it but just needed someone to say so ;)
Thanks chap.
Cheers

Square

Post by Square » Fri May 14, 2004 7:28 pm

Bugmaster,

Instead of 'lighting a candle' you seem to be 'casting a shadow'!

HSMP grants points only for the principal applicant and (if applicable) their spouse.

Children will be considered only for EC purposes...as dependants.

bugmaster

candles&shadows

Post by bugmaster » Sat May 15, 2004 7:33 am

Square, the sense of the phrase is that when you light a candle you always cast a shadow. Hope it is clear now.
I know what they award points for and I read the gudielines about 100 times. However when the time comes to gather all documents and send them my normal mind turns into a mess and the paranoia rules. I know I asked all my friends many stipid questions and sorry if this is one of those but one of my friends that got HSMP advised me to include my baby birth certificate and I wanted to make sure that I am not the only one that thinks I should not.
So thanks folks.

Na_ta
Newly Registered

Post by Na_ta » Sun May 16, 2004 12:22 pm

Excuse me, but in my opinion, the baby certificate can be an additional evidance of spouse's relationship, am I right? :)
But unfortunately, this document is not permitted in the HSMP guidance... It's strange, I think...

bugmaster

baby docs

Post by bugmaster » Sun May 16, 2004 12:48 pm

Na_ta, I think you are extremely right. However I already have the marriage certificate (origginal ++translated) and 3 other documents as evidence. But it will be very nice if baby certificate could be included. It would save me some time.
Thanks