ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

District Court (Civil Office) Declaration Bookings

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cattony
Newly Registered

District Court (Civil Office) Declaration Bookings

Post by cattony » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi All,

I live in Dublin and I’ve just done a booking with Dublin Civil Office in Dublin for Declaration of Fidelity to the Nation and Loyalty to the State. I was told the next session would be on 17th of Dec 2009, (five months!).

Are there any other County District Courts which can register the Statement in a shorter amount of time ?

I’ve already tried Drogheda and Bray District Courts and they said they won’t take from outside their County.

Thanks!

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:07 pm

Can't really help as I'm still waiting, but sometimes they organise "special" sittings and do a hundred or so in 1 day (really needs to happen every month, but doesn't) maybe they will do another soon, it's random, like most things they do.

Would you mind letting us know your timelines? i.e. when did you apply, when did they ask you for further docs, and when did they give approval?

cattony
Newly Registered

timelines

Post by cattony » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Would you mind letting us know your timelines? i.e. when did you apply, when did they ask you for further docs, and when did they give approval?

I applied in April 2006,asked for further docs in Oct.2008 and I got the approval about a week ago.

Fingers crossed for you!

room1102

Re: District Court (Civil Office) Declaration Bookings

Post by room1102 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 am

cattony wrote:Hi All,

I live in Dublin and I’ve just done a booking with Dublin Civil Office in Dublin for Declaration of Fidelity to the Nation and Loyalty to the State. I was told the next session would be on 17th of Dec 2009, (five months!).

Are there any other County District Courts which can register the Statement in a shorter amount of time ?

I’ve already tried Drogheda and Bray District Courts and they said they won’t take from outside their County.

Thanks!
Just wondering. How would they know that you dont live in the area? Can I just have a bank statement to proof my resident status in the county?? or they will ask for something else?

Thx

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi All,
Do check other courts outside dublin also. Some in far west do take ppl from dublin or other counties.
And as for what they check, there was no proof of address asked in court only proof of identity and i showed me passport as that.
Best of luck
Tiggs

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:42 pm

check Cork, Athlone, Dundalk and Donegal courts.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:16 pm

strongbow wrote:check Cork, Athlone, Dundalk and Donegal courts.
Dublin is full till December.
Tried Dundalk they ask if you live in the area. Lucky for me although I live in Dublin, I own a house just outside Dundalk and can therefor produce mortgage papers as proof. Got an appointment for 2nd September.