ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

as19143
Newly Registered

Re: still waiting !!

Post by as19143 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 pm

2036789 wrote:
as19143 wrote:
was794 wrote:
as19143 wrote:hi, i have applied on 16th of june check the status today msge display is ur passport is ready for coolection, pray for me
regards
thats good news for you !! shocked to hear you applied after me and recieved a reply before me - damn man this waiting game is gettin to me!!
which centre did you apply at was it lahore?
let me know if it has been succesfull or not also ! best of luck lad - :)
i have applied at islamabad cetner
as19143 did you apply for settlement visa
no its non settlemant visa

azim
Newly Registered

Post by azim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:32 pm

[quote="TOPGUN"]I applied on 12 June 2009 from Karachi for settlement visa after my appeal was allowed. Still waiting. I don't know why BHC is taking so long to stamp visa on passports on the allowed appeal cases. Its been 1 n half month, i just checked it today, its still in process.

Azim n was794, have you both submitted the fresh applications or was it an appeal case?

Regards,

Haroon[/quote] hi its first application for my wife stii whiting for out come do duaa for all of us

RM786

Post by RM786 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 pm

786sam,

Thanks for your reply i appriciate your re-assurance inshallah i will be with her soon. I was wondering why your visa was refused the first time round? and what evidence did you provide for them to overturn it.

For me they said.

Accommodation: i live with my parents which they dont object to. i sent a letter from my dad and a council report to show no overcrowding. however they said they didnt have proof the mortgage was being paid. To counter this claim i sent with my appeal a letter from mortgage lender and my dads latest mortgage statement also a letter from dad saying he and his wife can live here rent free for as long as they can afford their on property. if that doesnt prove it then i dont know what else will.

Income: i sent 6 months bank statements also im a taxi driver so i sent all the documents to prove i work. However their claim was you have money deposited in your account but the source of the money is not Substantiated. To counter this claim i sent a letter from where i work for the 2nd time also my accounts from accountant. online submitted self assesment providing the fact that i have earnt x amount in the last yearWhat are your thoughts on the outcome guys i think they have more than enough proof now but you never know with the ECO's???

azim
Newly Registered

tracking

Post by azim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:39 pm

hi does anybody know what is the webside address where i could check my wife's passport i appiled from lahore. i tried gerry's website where it says track your passport then it said enter your computer number which i did and it kept saying invalid number. does anybody know any other passport checking website for lahore
i would appreciate your help and also what is the computer number that gerrys website asked for?

RM786

Post by RM786 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:43 pm

hi azim.

Gerrys website is the right place to track your passport. your tracking number should be something like LHE/******/******. it should be on the reciept that you were given after you handed in your application at gerrys. if youve got this number and its still saying invalid then make sure the number is correct

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:44 pm

hi azim

the gerrys website doesn't work...nothing surprising there hey!!!!, you can check your sattus from the following website

https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

the ref num should begin with, LRE i think if you applied from lahore, hope that helps.

azim
Newly Registered

Post by azim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:02 pm

TOPGUN wrote:I applied on 12 June 2009 from Karachi for settlement visa after my appeal was allowed. Still waiting. I don't know why BHC is taking so long to stamp visa on passports on the allowed appeal cases. Its been 1 n half month, i just checked it today, its still in process.

Azim n was794, have you both submitted the fresh applications or was it an appeal case?

Regards,

Haroon
azim to TOPGUN you say you had a appeal so how long did your appeal take before you got result thanks

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:05 pm

Well Azim, I applied as a fresh applicant on 14 July 2008 and my visa got refused on 8 September 2008 and i got the documents back on 11 Sep 2008. My wife, who is in UK, hired a solicitor and they applied for an appeal on my behalf on 6 october 2008. I got the first response from AIT on 18 October 2008 in which they had asked ECO Islamabad to provide the bundle of proof on the basis of which they refused my visa, which they didnt reply till the end. Then on 19 Feb 2009 AIT gave me the hearing date that was 30 April 2009, but in that letter they again asked ECO Islamabad to send them bundle of proof and they gave 1 week time to submit but they(ECO) failed again to send the bundle of proof. After my appeal got successful, i got the judge determination on 13 May 2009 and the calling letter from BHC Islamabad on 28th May 2009 in which they asked me to submit my passport to gerry's. Then i submitted my passport with the calling letter on the basis of successful appeal on 12 June 2009 and still waiting.

I don't know why they refused initially. They were satisfied with everything accept my wife's income. THAT WAS REALLY STUPID STATEMENT AND REASON. They said my wife's income was below 70 Pounds per week as their criteria is 95 pounds a week, but if we calculate my wife was earning almost 300 pounds a week, because my wife is a permanent primary school teacher, and at the of our application she was earning 1100 Pounds a month after deduction of tax. We gave them three months salary slips plus bank statement of her own savings of around 10,000 Pounds since 2007 in her personal account. her parents mortgage and accounts statement. She lives with her parents and they have a four bedroom house. Her parents signed on the declaration stated that they don't have any problem if we both live in their house for free and her solicitor gave the certificate which proves that the house is not over crowded. We gave each and every single document for the proof, but they wanted to refuse so they refused.

Now its been over 1 and half month and they haven't stamped my visa yet. I don't know what makes them to think so long to issue me a visa.

I hope every1 waiting for their passport gets the good news soon.INSH ALLAH.

WAS794, I hope your wife get her passport with visa stamp on it soon INSH ALLAH.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 am

Then on 19 Feb 2009 AIT gave me the hearing date that was 30 April 2009, but in that letter they again asked ECO Islamabad to send them bundle of proof and they gave 1 week time to submit but they(ECO) failed again to send the bundle of proof.
I have noticed that this is happening quite a lot in Pakistan espicially. They refuse you first , make you appeal and wait 6 months, only to find the bloody lazy ECO cant be bothered to send docs to AIT, and the judge decides in your favour without any challenge from the HO. All that wait for nothing

What is more annoying,after you win your case,the same bloody ECO makes u wait another 3-4 months to grant you a visa.

I think this is done deliberately to piss Pakistanis off. Its unfair and should be reported by making a formal complaint to the Ambassador at the BHC and Home Office in UK

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:41 am

[quote="RM786"]786sam,

Thanks for your reply i appriciate your re-assurance inshallah i will be with her soon. I was wondering why your visa was refused the first time round? and what evidence did you provide for them to overturn it.

RM786,The reasons for my refusal was that didnt believe i was working, ECO claims when he rang my work place it said that this number does not recieve incoming calls to them it meant that this limited company does not exisist.
Also my payslips were of different font,
And i gave a job centre letter which said that i am not in receipt of any state benefit on that letter there were two mistakes made by the job centre,one was my postcode was wrong and the other was a spelling mistake of income support.I did notice those mistakes and wrote back to them to have another letter but i did not recieve any letter and i went to pakistan to get married and submitted the letter with the mistakes thinking it wouldnt matter as its the job centre fault,Due to that letter ECO had made a fone call to the job centre regarding it,Some stupid idiot at job centre said that they dont give such letters,so there for ECO said it was a forged letter and resused my husbands visa,
I then got a solicitor which cost me alot and logded an appeal,
My wok place gave their certificate which proved that it is a limited company and also their tax payroll and a letter from there accountant who wrote that the pay slips were different font because they now use a new software and that i have been working with them since last year july,also my manager wrote that they do recieve incoming calls,I also had recieved my P60 and got a letter from tax office confirming that i am in employement and that my tax is up to date,
It was really hard proving that the job centre letter was from them as the job centre staff were very unhelpfull,but it was a good thing i had 2 of my cousins letters similar to mine as it proved job centre do give such letters,But i still had the problem in proving that the letter was genuine and was from the job centre;after wrinting to the job centre and phoning them several times by me and my solicitor they finally admited that the letter was sent from their office and the mistakes were made by them.I also got my MP to write to the HO which he did and said that my case was genuie and they should give the visa which they did and my husband submitted his passport to islamabad on the 24th june and was told he would be called within 6 weeks.Im just waiting until its been six weeks and if my husband has'nt been called i will contact my MP again for help.
BY the way RM786 were did u apply was it islamabad?
PLEASE GUYS PRAY FOR ME,THIS WAITING GAME IS DRIVING ME MAD,I MISS MY HUSBAND SO MUCH ITS BEEN JUST OVER 4 MONTHS I LAST SAW HIM .BUT IT SEEMS LIKE YEARS. rm786 let me know if u hear anthing, May Allah bless u with good news very soon (AMEEN)

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:18 am

You are right Batley Khan. You know whats the most annoying thing, i submitted the same documents for my Hearing in April 2009 which i submitted for my fresh application in July 2008. Judge gave this remarks in his decision. He said i don't know why ECO refused the visa before as the bank statement shows that my wife is having 10,000 pounds saving for past 1 year and she is earning 1100 a month and have a free accommodation. He gave his decision in just 15 minutes of hearing and didn't ask anything not even the HO guy asked anything, because they knew the fault was at their end.

Yesterday i called the home office. They said they cant do anything.

Lets hope for the best.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:49 am

786sam,

I wish you the best of luck and inshallah your husband will join you shortly its been nearly 4 motnhs since i saw my wife aswell. When did you first apply for spouse visa when was it rejected and when did you appeal??

My wife applied on the 2nd june 2009 got refused on the 7th july 2009. Sent appeal on the 24th july 2009.

Thanks takecare

aisha
Newly Registered

Post by aisha » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:02 pm

HI GUYS
APPLIED FOR SETTLEMENT VISA ON 12TH MAR
HAVEN'T HAD ANY REPLY YET
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

was794

Post by was794 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by 2036789 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:36 pm

why isnt more done to complaiin about the way BHC deal with pakistani settlement visa , its a human rights violation, maybe we should organise a protest
MM

Post by 2036789 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:45 pm

aisha wrote:HI GUYS
ANY SUGGESTIONS?
aisha which office did you apply at karachi?
MM

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi Aisha,

thats a very long time to wait you really need to find out whats goin on. My wife applied on the 2nd june 2009 and we had our result on the 7th july 2009. did you get a tracking number when you applied. where did you apply? if you have the tracking number then you need to go to the gerrys website. www.ukvacpk.com and check the status of your passport

takecare

was794

Post by was794 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:25 pm

[quote="aisha"]HI GUYS
ANY SUGGESTIONS?[/quote]

send you local MP an email to chase it up !!

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:46 pm

aisha

you are in the same boat as me.....i applied for settlement visa on the 9th March....and still no reply.

my hubby is the sponser and I applied from karachi.

these visa processing people are merciless :evil:

they do not put on hold how man applications should be submitted each month...otherwise their precious income will go down! Thats why the backlock and hence the delays. And to make it even worse...these horrible people will not increase their human resources to reduce the processing time!

hope to hear from you all your comments.

D_W

was794

Post by was794 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 pm

:( :( :(

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:32 pm

:D :D :D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Was 794 and Desperate Wife

I cant believe you have not heard anything at all since March 2009. Thats coming upto 6 months now. It shouldnt take that long. Am I correct one of you had to do your biometrics again?

What have you and your spouses done from UK?. have they contacted MP, Home Office, BHC in Pakistan?

786sam
Newly Registered

Post by 786sam » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:00 pm

RM786 wrote:786sam,

I wish you the best of luck and inshallah your husband will join you shortly its been nearly 4 motnhs since i saw my wife aswell. When did you first apply for spouse visa when was it rejected and when did you appeal??

My wife applied on the 2nd june 2009 got refused on the 7th july 2009. Sent appeal on the 24th july 2009.

Thanks takecare
i first applied on the 26th march 2009 and got refused on 8th april,sent appeal on the 11th june and it got accepted on 19th june and submitted passport on 24 june.
Did u apply in islamabad? My husband rang islamabad today and they said to phone back in a few days as the passport is still in abu dhabi
Does any body know how long it takes in Abu dhabi after the passport has been submitted?

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi D_W,

You still havent heard anything? Do you track your passport online?? settlement visa's are dealt with in the uk try calling them. I dont know their number or if they have have an e-mail address. Im sure some of you guys on here will be able to provide them. Isnt the time limit up on when they are meant to give you an answer??

takecare

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:07 pm

786sam,

Hi the time can very on when they stamp the passport and give it back in most cases its same as how long a visa application takes which i about 4-5 weeks. i have sent my appeal to the embassey i hope and pray they overturn it. One thing i didnt provide them was a letter from the MP. was the MP in your opinion the main reason why they gave you this swift reply and overturned the decision quickly