ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maintenance funds and previous earnings.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvent00
Diamond Member

maintenance funds and previous earnings.

Post by mvent00 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:42 pm

I have asked my bank to prepare last twelve months bank statement as a record of previous earnings. Can I use the same statement for maintenance funds or do I need to prepare a separate set of statement only for last three months? Thanks so much.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: maintenance funds and previous earnings.

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 am

mvent00 wrote:I have asked my bank to prepare last twelve months bank statement as a record of previous earnings. Can I use the same statement for maintenance funds or do I need to prepare a separate set of statement only for last three months? Thanks so much.
When you say "prepare" bank statements, does it means you have asked your bank to send you bank statements of last 12 months? If yes, you can use the same statements for maintenance funds as well. Mentioned this in your covering letter, highlight it, bold it to make it clear to caseworker.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:23 am

mvent00 wrote:I have asked my bank to prepare last twelve months bank statement as a record of previous earnings. Can I use the same statement for maintenance funds or do I need to prepare a separate set of statement only for last three months? Thanks so much.
If you are saying wat Chetan explained in normal words (Getting monthly bankstatements) then answer for ur 2nd query is YES you can use the same bankstatements both for earnings and Maintenance fudns.. just u need to mention in ur cover letter which months u r using for earnings adn which months for maintenance funds..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks Chetanojha and Ramesh. Yes, that is right. I am going to show the immediate last 12 months bank statements before my application. So it seems fine to serve both purposes (previous earnings + maintenance funds). In addition to satisfy previous earnings + maintenance fund sections, I am going to use these for my dependents too, as we plan to apply at the same time.

One Querry here, my wife is also working and have a bank account but sometimes the balance went below the required for maintenace funds, that is why I plan to show my statments for dependents too, is it okay? It seems okay to me but just concerned if it is right way to do it.

I also have these movements on my bank pass book with all my details for last seven months. Before that in previous pass book, because of some problem with Bank Machine, my entries were not printed well, overlapped and could not be read properly. But for last seven months, in the recent pass book, they are well preserved and can be read well. Can I use this also as a supporting information for maintenance funds??

The person in bank showed me the style of bank statement. It was on their letter head with bank logo and address on every page. Only first page contained my information with my account details, covering 1/3rd of the page. Then there is a line and below that line there were movments in my account for one year, continue to around 17-20 pages (For first page I have to pay 1.8 Euros and after that for each page 80 cents). It is not monthly, it would be for continuous 12 months. Is this format okay/acceptable?

A last one, as we are applying from a European country, will they send our applications to UK or decide about them here?

Sorry for so long post, but I think it is better to ask you guys in detail about these. Many thanks.
tvn_ramesh wrote:
If you are saying wat Chetan explained in normal words (Getting monthly bankstatements) then answer for ur 2nd query is YES you can use the same bankstatements both for earnings and Maintenance fudns.. just u need to mention in ur cover letter which months u r using for earnings adn which months for maintenance funds..