ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP JR -within 2 week

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minpatel78
Newly Registered

HSMP JR -within 2 week

Post by minpatel78 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi Dear,
I got ILR within 15 days...and my wife tooooo...
application sent on 11th july.
application received by HO: 13th july
Confirmation latter received on 17th July
PAssport and document received :29th july ....visa date 27th july
my wife only live in uk since may 2009 and she got PR as wellllll
thats really great
thanks for this forum help
regards
minesh

bani

Re: HSMP JR -within 2 week

Post by bani » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:19 pm

minpatel78 wrote:Hi Dear,
thats really great
regards
minesh
WOW, that was quick. Congratulations to you both! I hope mine arrives one week after yours, I sent it on 18th July.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Congrats ..its really very quick processing ..lucky you !
But one thing ..your partnar has to spend 5 years in UK to apply for citizenship.

Thanks.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP JR -within 2 week

Post by justice_will_reign » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:16 pm

minpatel78 wrote:Hi Dear,
thats really great
regards
minesh
Tha is another evidence that it is better to send application by post rather than going through the stress at the PEO. Mine cae back in 3 weeks as well and that was a saving of about £200 for me! Congratulations.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:49 pm

I am afraid your advice is not quite correct.
If a person's case is very straightforward, then postal should be fine. However, if it's a bit 'iffy' then it's best you go in for an interview - this way you can respond to questions raised by caseworker.
An extra £200 is money well spent esp when it comes to something as important as ILR!

bani

Post by bani » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:34 pm

global gypsy wrote:I am afraid your advice is not quite correct.
If a person's case is very straightforward, then postal should be fine. However, if it's a bit 'iffy' then it's best you go in for an interview - this way you can respond to questions raised by caseworker.
An extra £200 is money well spent esp when it comes to something as important as ILR!
Depends on the nature of the 'iffiness'. There are some cases that were converted to postal at PEO because additional checks were necessary. For instance, someone lost his previous passport and was told at PEO they can't decide same day because there's no way they could verify previous absences. He was asked to send it in.

In fact, here is what the guidelines for Set O say:
"12 APPLYING IN PERSON
We offer a premium service to people who apply in person
at our Public Enquiry Offices (PEOs). This service is available
only for applications which are straightforward and do
not require further enquiries."

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:00 am

bani - I am aware of the guidance para you refer to. The situation where a passport is missing etc. is not what I meant by the iffiness scenario.

In my PEO interview I had to guide the caseworker thru a few key steps to prove the start period of my HSMP! For some reason, it seems they didn't have the correct links to my immigration history, i.e. initial WP, subsequent HSMP, then HSMP renewal. I had to produce the letters from HO for each and she went away and photocopied them!

I wonder what would have happened if I had mailed my application to them, instead of going in for a PEO interview.

My recommendation: go in for a PEO interview. You are more in control of things this way.

bani

Post by bani » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:41 am

That's why I said it depends on the iffiness scenario. Because you didn't specify, your general statement wasn't the correct advice to give either.

global gypsy wrote:bani - I am aware of the guidance para you refer to. The situation where a passport is missing etc. is not what I meant by the iffiness scenario.

In my PEO interview I had to guide the caseworker thru a few key steps to prove the start period of my HSMP! For some reason, it seems they didn't have the correct links to my immigration history, i.e. initial WP, subsequent HSMP, then HSMP renewal. I had to produce the letters from HO for each and she went away and photocopied them!

I wonder what would have happened if I had mailed my application to them, instead of going in for a PEO interview.

My recommendation: go in for a PEO interview. You are more in control of things this way.

bani

Post by bani » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:14 am

Not quite 2 weeks but 3 1/2 :). My passport with ILR and documents were just delivered today.

Date sent: 18/7/09
Date delivered: 20/7/09
(no acknowledgment letter)
Payment taken: 23/7/09
Date of ILR stamp: 8/8/09
Date delivered: 12/8/09

They did not use the special delivery envelope I enclosed (nor did they send it back) which was addressed to my workplace. Instead, they sent me a different envelope addressed to my home. All is OK as it fit through the mail slot.

My case is straightforward except for the fact that my previous passport was lost (stolen in Spain in 2005), I could only provide photocopies of the old passport and EC and landing card (from filing a SAR request). I mentioned this in the form and my cover letter.

I have the letter backdating my ILR to 1 December 2008, which is the correct date. However, there is no mention of the refund in the letter (my EC was 12/11/04 and I arrived UK on 1/12/04). Neither saying it will be processed or that I am not eligible, nothing. Should I write my caseworker back or should I just fill out the refund form?

Good luck to all who are waiting/applying.