ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for new born baby in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raviskar

Visa for new born baby in UK

Post by raviskar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Hi,

I stay in UK on HSMP visa, which is valid till march 2010. We are expecting our baby next month. Can someone tell me the procedure to get the Passport and visa for the baby?

1) As I understand, we need to register the baby with Indian Consulate, and then get the passport. Can we make both the applications together by post?(I am in Belfast, so I can apply only in post). How long does it to take to get the child passport by post?

2) How to get the UK visa for baby? Is there a timeframe before which the visa should be applied for the baby?

3) What is the visa application form to be used for child? (I hold HSMP visa). How much is the fees? How long does it to take the visa?

4) We have to extend our HSMP visa (migration to Tier1) before march 2010. Can we wait and apply for the child's visa along with our extension? How long does it take when all the applications are made at the same time(extension for myself and my wife, new visa for my child)

5) We are planning to travel to India in December. Is it possible to get the child's visa stamped in India?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Ravi.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:54 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.