ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working in the US

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pills
Newly Registered

Working in the US

Post by pills » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:33 pm

Hi,

I recently read that the H1B's quota for this year has been exhausted in August itself. Does that mean that if I wish to work in the USA for a US company, it is not possible till Oct 06 when the new H1B quota re-opens? BTW, I am a naturalised UK citizen.

Alternatively, can I get a B1 visa to work for this company (and more importantly get paid as well?) and keep shuttling back and forth based on the visa validity till the next year H1B starts off? Or is there any other alternative visa (like E1/E2...anything?)

The US company is a SME and is not a MNC; has ops only in the USA currently but the position is a fairly senior one, as an executive in the company.

Any advise / inputs / suggestions on if any of this is possible or shud I just forget the US for the time being?

Silicon Valley still beckons :-) unless the whole thing is not possible!

cheers,

pills