ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi Tom thanks for your reply.
that music video is cool :D

WantToBeIrish
Newly Registered

Post by WantToBeIrish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:13 am

I applied for Naturalization in May 2007, Is anyone got citizenship from similar period. I wrote them twice regarding inquiry about my application.

They didn’t bother to tell me that my application is under process or still in the Queue etc…I got similar reply for both occasion with only different date i.e. processing time is 23 months but complicated cases can take considerably long time.
Honestly I don’t see that my case is complicated… -)

sideshowsue

YAY!

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:49 am

Strike another '06er off the list!

Just got in the door and found the letter (normal post) stating that my application for naturalization had been approved.

It's great news and a wonderful, wonderful birthday present (my birthday is Monday)!

Best of luck for all those still left waiting!

Edited to Add:

Time from the date of the submission of the application to approval = 35 months.

Request for further documents: Sep '08

Time with 'Outside Agencies': Gardai approximately 8 months (Sep - May). SW: Dec 08 - May 09.

3 weeks between time of submission to minister and approval.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by sideshowsue on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:01 am

Excellent news!!

Congratulations and happy birthday.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:13 am

tom4 wrote:Excellent news!!

Congratulations and happy birthday.
Thank you!

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:23 am

While the government say that this is a privilege, they must believe that we are stupid too....?

The Waiting for Outside Agencies (WFOA) must be an ***internal thing*** to INIS and nothing to do with Garda nor the Social Welfare....because:

1. I would expect the WFOA to be long as well for refugees
2. I would expect the WFOA to be long as well for spouses of Irish Citizen

The minister says the need to do the ***necessary checks***, so why would those necessary checks be less important (DONE QUICKER) for refugees and spouses rather complicated for regular naturilisations ???

Refugees and spouses may claim social welfare or have a criminal offence at the same level as a regular person seeking naturilisations...It bugs me to the core to see how stupid these people are...

This whole WFOA is a BS, they do have this information quickly...It is their policies to mentally delay everything when they think it is necessary....Nothing else.

I would not be surprised to see the 2007 begining receiving their citizenship in 2010.

I am never calling anymore. Sick of this crap

This is it !
Nana

crown

Re: YAY!

Post by crown » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 pm

sideshowsue wrote:Strike another '06er off the list!

Just got in the door and found the letter (normal post) stating that my application for naturalization had been approved.

Hope that helps.
Congrats

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:12 pm

With this being my 100th psot on this forum I thought id make it a good one. Just got back from the British embassy to collecct my passport with visa. On my return home there was the traditional brown envelope from INIS waiting for me, it was bulkier than usual, my heart started pounding, "could this be it" I thought. Finally it had come, my approval letter.
My timelines are as follows.
Arrived in Ireland April 2005. Nationality - South African
Went through the whole debacle of the stamp4 eufam.
Applied for naturalisation in December 2006 after being resident in the country for 1 and half years. ( Application was based on Irish associations)
Recieved a letter in Januuary to say that my app was in the queue and that it would be about 30 months before a decision was made.
October 2008, submitted request for additional documents. File being prepared in Dublin office.
Numerous phone calls fro March to June 2009 re satatus of application.
June 2009 told that application has been transferred to Tipperary.
Today - approval recieved normal mail.

The cost of obtaing this citizenship €5000+, the cost of not having to wait in another queue for a visa - priceless.

That means I have been in Ireland less than 4 and a half years and have irish citizenship.

Good luck to all of you, I hope that youre turns will come soon.

Congrats sue on youre good news and happy birthday.
Regards
Michael

americanboy
Newly Registered

Congratulations

Post by americanboy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:18 pm

jhbmike wrote:With this being my 100th psot on this forum I thought id make it a good one. Just got back from the British embassy to collecct my passport with visa. On my return home there was the traditional brown envelope from INIS waiting for me, it was bulkier than usual, my heart started pounding, "could this be it" I thought. Finally it had come, my approval letter.
Applied for naturalisation in December 2006 after being resident in the country for 1 and half years. ( Application was based on Irish associations)
Recieved a letter in Januuary to say that my app was in the queue and that it would be about 30 months before a decision was made.
October 2008, submitted request for additional documents. File being prepared in Dublin office.

The cost of obtaing this citizenship €5000+, the cost of not having to wait in another queue for a visa - priceless.

That means I have been in Ireland less than 4 and a half years and have irish citizenship.

Regards
Michael

Many congratulations.
I am happy for you. I always took your views and ideas. You were very professional on your notes. I am happy for you but on a selfish way we would miss you here. So do not stay off this forum.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Congratulations jhbmike!

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:22 pm

jhbmike wrote:Arrived in Ireland April 2005. Nationality - South African
Congratulations to both of todays lottery winners!
jhbmike, do you mind telling us what exactly were your irish associations? A friend of mine applied similarly to you and was rejected.

jhbmike

Re: Congratulations

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:23 pm

americanboy wrote:
jhbmike wrote:With this being my 100th psot on this forum I thought id make it a good one. Just got back from the British embassy to collecct my passport with visa. On my return home there was the traditional brown envelope from INIS waiting for me, it was bulkier than usual, my heart started pounding, "could this be it" I thought. Finally it had come, my approval letter.

Regards
Michael

Many congratulations.
I am happy for you. I always took your views and ideas. You were very professional on your notes. I am happy for you but on a selfish way we would miss you here. So do not stay off this forum.
Dont worry ill be on this form for a while to come, its become a bit addictive. Also my fight isnt over yet, I still have to get my son his Irish passport as he missed ou on it cos his mom who is an EU citizen was 1 month short in her residency in Ireland for my son to claim citizenship by right.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:24 pm

frustrated13 wrote:
jhbmike wrote:Arrived in Ireland April 2005. Nationality - South African
Congratulations to both of todays lottery winners!
jhbmike, do you mind telling us what exactly were your irish associations? A friend of mine applied similarly to you and was rejected.
My great grandfather was Irish and my mom is Irish. She got hers through the foreigh births registry.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:39 pm

My great grandfather was Irish and my mom is Irish. She got hers through the foreign births registry.
@jbhmike - Just wondering if your mother got her Irish citizenship via foreign births registry, could you not have obtained it via the same method?
Or is it the case that she got herself registered in the foreign birth registry AFTER you were born in which case you couldnt obtain it.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:43 pm

strongbow wrote:
My great grandfather was Irish and my mom is Irish. She got hers through the foreign births registry.
@jbhmike - Just wondering if your mother got her Irish citizenship via foreign births registry, could you not have obtained it via the same method?
Or is it the case that she got herself registered in the foreign birth registry AFTER you were born in which case you couldnt obtain it.
She only applied for it after my birth which means she was last generation automatically entitled to it.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:25 pm

Hey!!!!! Big congrats to sideshowsue and jhbmike. Two great fellows off the list. Happy for you both. Glad once again that the 2006 backlog is moving. For the rest of us in the waiting. The struggle continues.

@ Nannett: I feel you. Pls calm down sis/bro. We'll get there.

To all still waiting: Let's keep the pressure on in any way we can. I have booked an appointment with my local TD for next week. I am not expecting a miracle but I am prepared to exhaust all possible avenue.

Good luck y'all

9j.
Last edited by 9jeirean on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:27 pm

WantToBeIrish wrote:I applied for Naturalization in May 2007, Is anyone got citizenship from similar period. I wrote them twice regarding inquiry about my application.

-)
A few friends of my did who applied in May and June 2007, but after that July-November 2007 its a DEAD silence, not even 1. But strangely a few ones who applied in 2008 DID received citizenship, ordinary circumstances that is 5y working in Ireland, not refugees, not spouses etc. We have a big forum of us Russians here in Ireland, in the Russ language though.
Anyone on this forum knows those lucky ones who applied in July-November 2007 ???

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Congratulations sideshowsue and jhbmike!! Well done and all the best of luck to everybody else.

frustrated13
Newly Registered

Post by frustrated13 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:48 pm

jhbmike wrote:My great grandfather was Irish and my mom is Irish. She got hers through the foreigh births registry.
That's EXACTLY the same situation that my friend had, and he was rejected without so much as a reason - luck of the draw I guess.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:02 pm

frustrated13 wrote:
jhbmike wrote:My great grandfather was Irish and my mom is Irish. She got hers through the foreigh births registry.
That's EXACTLY the same situation that my friend had, and he was rejected without so much as a reason - luck of the draw I guess.
That is strange!!!! I know of quite a few south africans in my position who have gone down the same route and have got it. It is a lottery. That is why im so relieved just to have it now.

Plastic_paddy
Newly Registered

Post by Plastic_paddy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:21 pm

At what point in the process can someone NOT renew their GNIB card? If an approval letter has been received? Or say after the declaration has been made and the docs sent off? My friends GNIB will expire about 3 weeks after his court date. Does it matter anymore at that point?

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Congratulations sideshowsue and jhbmike!!

Any news from "LONG WAITING GUYS" - cnu, YMC, HSE, Immigrant 123....???

Thanks

Heinrich

Re: YAY!

Post by Heinrich » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:59 pm

sideshowsue wrote:Strike another '06er off the list!

It's great news and a wonderful, wonderful birthday present (my birthday is Monday)!

Best of luck for all those still left waiting!

Edited to Add:

Time from the date of the submission of the application to approval = 35 months.

Request for further documents: Sep '08

Time with 'Outside Agencies': Gardai approximately 8 months (Sep - May). SW: Dec 08 - May 09.

3 weeks between time of submission to minister and approval.

Hope that helps.
Congrats on your good news!!!See,u were worried before for nothing.I am delighted for you...have a great weekend and an even greater B-day!!! :wink:

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:15 pm

At what point in the process can someone NOT renew their GNIB card? If an approval letter has been received? Or say after the declaration has been made and the docs sent off? My friends GNIB will expire about 3 weeks after his court date. Does it matter anymore at that point?
Technically you are an Irish citizen only after you receive the naturalisation certificate.
You will need to send off the original GNIB card as part of the docs to DoJ, so I dont think you can go out of the country between sending off the docs and receiving the naturalisation cert.

cnu

Post by cnu » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Sideshowhouse - Happy Birthday.
JHMBook - HappyBirthday to you too now that you have a new identity :D

Well done guys. Congratulations. Y u still reading these forum...go have fun...its nice sunny outside :)

EBS wrote:Congratulations sideshowsue and jhbmike!!

Any news from "LONG WAITING GUYS" - cnu, YMC, HSE, Immigrant 123....???

Thanks
EBS thanks for asking. No news et all.. They havent even got back to me for my registered post on the status of the app.