ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change status PSW and student visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

antoinepooks
Newly Registered

Change status PSW and student visa

Post by antoinepooks » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:45 pm

I want to find out whether it is possible to ask for your category to be changed for instance back to a student visa if you have just been given a post study work visa but your circumstances have now changed. This occured because your initial application was refused but while you were going through a lengthy battle to overturn the decision you get admission to carry on studying.

The problem is I dont want to lose the sole chance by getting the psw visa now because upon graduation I would not be able to get the psw since it has already been issued in the past. How will this work out for me

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Change status PSW and student visa

Post by jack199 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:51 pm

PSW can only be issued once, even after 2 years you change to student category after completing aother degree you can not apply for psw again.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:17 am

antoinepooks wrote:I want to find out whether it is possible to ask for your category to be changed for instance back to a student visa if you have just been given a post study work visa but your circumstances have now changed. This occured because your initial application was refused but while you were going through a lengthy battle to overturn the decision you get admission to carry on studying.

The problem is I dont want to lose the sole chance by getting the psw visa now because upon graduation I would not be able to get the psw since it has already been issued in the past. How will this work out for me
I depend on whether your existing visa is valid. If your visa has run out during the course of application and subsiquent legal battle to overturn the decision, then you can't apply for a student visa. It's either you wil the appeal and remain in the UK or lose the appeal and go back home.

khan525
Newly Registered

Post by khan525 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:11 pm

[quote="antoinepooks"]I want to find out whether it is possible to ask for your category to be changed for instance back to a student visa if you have just been given a post study work visa but your circumstances have now changed. This occured because your initial application was refused but while you were going through a lengthy battle to overturn the decision you get admission to carry on studying.

The problem is I dont want to lose the sole chance by getting the psw visa now because upon graduation I would not be able to get the psw since it has already been issued in the past. How will this work out for .

yes you can change. one of my friend done recently, he got service from one solicitor named R.kiani Solicitor and person name is Mr.Sahi. you can contact as well if you want?